Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Will they save money?

Will they save money?

Old Jun 17th 2012, 5:50 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Will they save money?

Reading something today about Uk's benefit system, apparently they are doing away with incapacity benefit that can be claimed abroad, they are introducing an new benefit called ESA and depending on the group they put you into you can only get it for a year and then not abroad.

Crossed my mind, I wonder how many folk are here and claiming it, but paying their own rent, surely they will all be making a mad dash back to the UK, setting up home and perhaps claiming rent, council tax and god knows what else, they will also increase the Hospital ques, although probably not the cost.

Will they really save money or add to their problems?

Last edited by anonimouse; Jun 17th 2012 at 5:55 pm.
Old Jun 17th 2012, 6:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will they save money?

Originally Posted by anonimouse
Reading something today about Uk's benefit system, apparently they are doing away with incapacity benefit that can be claimed abroad, they are introducing an new benefit called ESA and depending on the group they put you into you can only get it for a year and then not abroad.

Crossed my mind, I wonder how many folk are here and claiming it, but paying their own rent, surely they will all be making a mad dash back to the UK, setting up home and perhaps claiming rent, council tax and god knows what else, they will also increase the Hospital ques, although probably not the cost.

You would have to think it through to determine that you don't think politicians have time for that.
Old Jun 17th 2012, 8:34 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

as ESA has been around for a few years now it is probably just another one of those places to put people who are not working to massage the unemployment figures

the problem with these things is those who are in need end up being unfairly targetted, put thru the wringer, and treated like bloodsuckers on the state.
if we are honest we all know people who are shysters, benefit cheats, but they seem to breeze along without anyone stopping them.

reminds me of the CSA, who targetted those in regular work, didnt hide, were honest about their earnings, hit them hard whilst others managed to walk away with a big grin and wads of cash (not that earning on the black is something that would ever happen in the UK)

Last edited by Domino; Jun 17th 2012 at 8:36 pm.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 8:09 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anonimouse

It could save money be about the same or cost money, but something needs to be done, as it is unsustainable.
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 8:13 am
RQM
Forum Regular

RQM is just really niceRQM is just really niceRQM is just really niceRQM is just really niceRQM is just really niceRQM is just really niceRQM is just really niceRQM is just really niceRQM is just really nice

Originally Posted by Domino
as ESA has been around for a few years now it is probably just another one of those places to put people who are not working to massage the unemployment figures

the problem with these things is those who are in need end up being unfairly targetted, put thru the wringer, and treated like bloodsuckers on the state.
if we are honest we all know people who are shysters, benefit cheats, but they seem to breeze along without anyone stopping them.

reminds me of the CSA, who targetted those in regular work, didnt hide, were honest about their earnings, hit them hard whilst others managed to walk away with a big grin and wads of cash (not that earning on the black is something that would ever happen in the UK)
They could save money by employing a few people with half a brain cell. My friend has no legs, is diabetic, has regular heart attacks and has been asked what is he doing to find work. If he doesn´t have a list of the jobs he has applied by their next visit his benefit could be stopped.

So who in the UK would employ this man - how would H&S see his needs in the workplace. When he asked why me he was told we are doing it alphabetically - so if your name is Zim you will be OK the system will change before they reach you.
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 8:34 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pearls
They could save money by employing a few people with half a brain cell. My friend has no legs, is diabetic, has regular heart attacks and has been asked what is he doing to find work. If he doesn´t have a list of the jobs he has applied by their next visit his benefit could be stopped.

So who in the UK would employ this man - how would H&S see his needs in the workplace. When he asked why me he was told we are doing it alphabetically - so if your name is Zim you will be OK the system will change before they reach you.
How sad , it would be funny if it were not true. You could not make it up. I would like to know how much is paid to those who carry out these pointless assessments?

The other side of those on benefits are all sponging off the system.