British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Will a freeview box work in spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/will-freeview-box-work-spain-413038/)

grantmikey Dec 11th 2006 8:11 pm

Will a freeview box work in spain

Hi all, I have been told that a uk freeview box will work in Spain? Can anyone enlighten me. Thanks :)

Beachcomber Dec 11th 2006 8:25 pm

Re: Will a freeview box work in spain

A Freeview box will work in Spain but it will obviously only give you Spanish digital channels.

Miss Naughty Dec 11th 2006 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
A Freeview box will work in Spain but it will obviously only give you Spanish digital channels.

Hi, what about a free to air satellite kit if i bought a bigger dish?

Solarwhizz Dec 11th 2006 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by Miss Naughty
Hi, what about a free to air satellite kit if i bought a bigger dish?

Free to air Sat receiver will receive all the FTA channels.( NB this is not the same as the SKY FTV channels for example CH4/5 and Sky three, these will require a SKY Digibox and SKY FTV Card) as always size is important. the bigger one you hve the better (Dish that is), depending on where you are in Spain,you will need from a 1.2m to a 2.4M to receive ITV and BBC channels on 28.2 E Astra.

Miss Naughty Dec 11th 2006 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by Solarwhizz
Free to air Sat receiver will receive all the FTA channels.( NB this is not the same as the SKY FTV channels for example CH4/5 and Sky three, these will require a SKY Digibox and SKY FTV Card) as always size is important. the bigger one you hve the better (Dish that is), depending on where you are in Spain,you will need from a 1.2m to a 2.4M to receive ITV and BBC channels on 28.2 E Astra.

Hi,
Fta channels (what are they?) well i bought this sat systems at the weekend as the freeview broke, i cant get channel 4 and 5 on it but can get everything else sky etc (including naughty channels :D )
It came with a dish but this is only a little one and i thought i would have to have bigger in spain. :D

un-mundo Dec 11th 2006 10:42 pm

Hi,
Fta channels (what are they?) well i bought this sat systems at the weekend as the freeview broke, i cant get channel 4 and 5 on it but can get everything else sky etc (including naughty channels :D )
It came with a dish but this is only a little one and i thought i would have to have bigger in spain. :D

My bugbear subject! I think it rather depends upon your geographical location in Spain. For me, currently the answer appears to be "No", unfortunately.

Miss Naughty Dec 11th 2006 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by un-mundo
My bugbear subject! I think it rather depends upon your geographical location in Spain. For me, currently the answer appears to be "No", unfortunately.

Inland from malaga about 30km :)

un-mundo Dec 11th 2006 10:50 pm

Lucky you. No chance about a mile or two north of Beni or a mile south of Javea. No go zone.

Miss Naughty Dec 11th 2006 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by un-mundo
Lucky you. No chance about a mile or two north of Beni or a mile south of Javea. No go zone.

Hi,
I know some people say t.v is not everything but i want some :D

un-mundo Dec 11th 2006 11:08 pm

[QUOTE=Miss Naughty]Hi,
I know some people say t.v is not everything, South of Beni and North of Javea, believe me, that has the problem.

Solarwhizz Dec 12th 2006 5:24 pm

Hi,
I know some people say t.v is not everything but i want some :D

You will need a Bigger dish in Malaga area, but luckily it will need only be about a 1.2M which is considerably cheaper than us up in the CB where we need 1.8M or 2.4M ( cost from about 650 to 1000€), you should get away with a couple of hundred at most!!!