Reload this Page >

Wildlife/birds around Costa Esuri and Ayamonte

Wildlife/birds around Costa Esuri and Ayamonte

Old Mar 15th 2011, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

julie09 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wildlife/birds around Costa Esuri and Ayamonte

Hi All,
I just wondered if anyone living in Ayamonte or Costa Esuri is intersted in birdwatching. On our brief visits we have found a really good variety of birds and it would be good to know what is around from anyone who is there more regularly.
Thanks.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 10:46 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wildlife/birds around Costa Esuri and Ayamonte

Can you eat them?
Old Mar 16th 2011, 12:19 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by betris
Can you eat them?
Some of the Spanish even eat tiny songbirds.
They catch them by hanging up large nets between high trees.
Hopefully the practice is dying out a bit now, however if the crisis continues to worsen who knows how desperate they may get.
There has been a large increase in the number of break-ins around here,but generally nothing taken except food or occasionally they have a huge banquet on the premises if all is quiet.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 8:22 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by julie09
Hi All,
I just wondered if anyone living in Ayamonte or Costa Esuri is intersted in birdwatching. On our brief visits we have found a really good variety of birds and it would be good to know what is around from anyone who is there more regularly.
Thanks.
Hi Julie

Friends that stay in our house are keen and have just recently given me a few pages with photos of birds they have seen, where they were spotted and identified them, I shall leave it at the house if any visitors are interested. If you pm me your address I will photocopy it and send it to you.

Mel
Old Mar 16th 2011, 8:26 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Some of the Spanish even eat tiny songbirds.
They catch them by hanging up large nets between high trees.
Hopefully the practice is dying out a bit now, however if the crisis continues to worsen who knows how desperate they may get.
There has been a large increase in the number of break-ins around here,but generally nothing taken except food or occasionally they have a huge banquet on the premises if all is quiet.
When we stopped with friends in their house in France their neigbour came round with a "thrush" pie - I was horrified and told him I thought it was dreadful. He was amazed that anyone could think it wrong and the next day bought me a rabbit casserole; struggled with that as well as it was "Flopsy" a beautiful big rabbit I had been stroking in his garden the day before.

Mel
Old Mar 16th 2011, 8:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
Hi Julie

Friends that stay in our house are keen and have just recently given me a few pages with photos of birds they have seen, where they were spotted and identified them, I shall leave it at the house if any visitors are interested. If you pm me your address I will photocopy it and send it to you.

Mel
Hi Mel
Would it be possible to scan and email, my wife would is interested ?
Old Mar 16th 2011, 8:43 am
MEL & JOHN

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Hi Mel
Would it be possible to scan and email, my wife would is interested ?
Hi Fred

Too early to think properly and I have just came back on to say that I should do it that way, I will bring the info into work tomorrow and scan it, please pm your email....and you too Julie and I'll send it on for you.

Mel
Old Mar 16th 2011, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

Hi Fred

Too early to think properly and I have just came back on to say that I should do it that way, I will bring the info into work tomorrow and scan it, please pm your email....and you too Julie and I'll send it on for you.

Mel
Hi Mel

Would you be able to put some on the 'Photograph' thread?

Steve
Old Mar 16th 2011, 9:23 am
MEL & JOHN

Originally Posted by Steve and Pat
Hi Mel

Would you be able to put some on the 'Photograph' thread?

Steve
Hellfire, that's a job for my IT dept (ie the kids) Good idea Steve I'll (they'll) do that.

All the best

Mel
Old Mar 16th 2011, 11:26 am
Just Joined

julie09 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Mel
That would be great, have sent you a PM.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 9:50 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

When we stopped with friends in their house in France their neigbour came round with a "thrush" pie - I was horrified and told him I thought it was dreadful. He was amazed that anyone could think it wrong and the next day bought me a rabbit casserole; struggled with that as well as it was "Flopsy" a beautiful big rabbit I had been stroking in his garden the day before.

Mel
I heard that yoghurt works well with that pie
Old Mar 17th 2011, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
As long as you use plain and not strawberry
Old Mar 17th 2011, 10:38 am
MEL & JOHN

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Look here don't have "cheep" jokes at my expense you !!
Old Mar 21st 2011, 1:01 pm
MEL & JOHN

Hiya, I have scanned the BIRD info and can email to anybody who may be interested.

Fred and Julie, you should have this now.

If somebody who receives it wants to put it on the info thread at the top that would be good.....completely beyond me- sorry !!

All the best

Mel
Old Mar 21st 2011, 2:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya, I have scanned the BIRD info and can email to anybody who may be interested.

Fred and Julie, you should have this now.

Mel

Many thanks I am printing it at the moment for Mrs Fred

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.