Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Wifi in Spain for the roaming traveller

Wifi in Spain for the roaming traveller

Old Oct 2nd 2007, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

kafkaesque is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wifi in Spain for the roaming traveller

I've read some things about how Spain wants to be the first wifi nation, that is the first nation where everybody has access to public wifi. I've read that is already almost a reality in Malaga, with 80% of the urban area now a 'hotspot'. Can anyone tell me more about this? As a webdesigner thinking of moving to Spain next year, public wifi access would help me a lot, as I could make several trips out there looking for a place whilst keeping up with my work.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 3:41 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Wifi in Spain for the roaming traveller

Originally Posted by kafkaesque
I've read some things about how Spain wants to be the first wifi nation, that is the first nation where everybody has access to public wifi. I've read that is already almost a reality in Malaga, with 80% of the urban area now a 'hotspot'. Can anyone tell me more about this? As a webdesigner thinking of moving to Spain next year, public wifi access would help me a lot, as I could make several trips out there looking for a place whilst keeping up with my work.
We have it and we are a small village away from the coast.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 6:23 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

We have it
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

We don't!!
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 7:03 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Do a search on Wifi, I put a link to a list of everywhere that was already connected.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 9:11 am
YMF
Forum Regular

YMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to all

Where we live you can get very expensive wi-fi from the hotels, is the wi-fi in previously mentioned places free or do you need to sign up with a provider as in the UK.
There is also the router sharing project FON Not sure if that has been mentioned before.

Yvonne
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 1:12 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Everytime I look at the tital of this thread I think it is saying

Wife in Spain for the roaming traveller"
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 1:23 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pam Sarky
Everytime I look at the tital of this thread I think it is saying

Wife in Spain for the roaming traveller"
cant get swinging out of your mind can you?
Old Oct 4th 2007, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

We have free wifi in our local library in Velez-Malaga.