British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   WiFi printer (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/wifi-printer-896724/)

XFILES May 13th 2017 8:50 pm

WiFi printer

Hi, is there somewhere in Ayamonte where I can purchase a compact WiFi printer?
Regards, XFILES

guesswork May 14th 2017 11:48 am

Re: WiFi printer

I bought an HP one from Ferrer near the market.

There are 2 Ferrer shops, one sells larger items the other small stuff

bitmanev May 14th 2017 8:57 pm

Ferrer; honest guys and keep their word with good customer service :thumbup:

XFILES May 14th 2017 9:54 pm

Thanks both, forgot about Ferrer, doh, got washer, m/wave, kettle etc from them past year. Will look there this week.
Regards

Fred James May 14th 2017 10:06 pm

Why don't you use Amazon? Next day delivery and probably much cheaper. Also, although HP make very good printers, getting compatible ink is much more expensive than for Canon or Epson.

keithBT May 16th 2017 8:58 pm

Just a thought X files. If like us you use your place for holidays, an Inkjet will dry up and you have the cost of replacing the expensive carts and cleaning the heads. If you just want to print boarding passes I would recommend a Ricoh laser printer. Only B & W but that is all you need. The wifi one is only about 42 euros in spain. Not exactly straight forward to connect to Priinet router every time, but I sorted mine eventually.

Fred R May 17th 2017 6:04 am

Originally Posted by keithBT (Post 12254081)
Just a thought X files. If like us you use your place for holidays, an Inkjet will dry up and you have the cost of replacing the expensive carts and cleaning the heads. If you just want to print boarding passes I would recommend a Ricoh laser printer. Only B & W but that is all you need. The wifi one is only about 42 euros in spain. Not exactly straight forward to connect to Priinet router every time, but I sorted mine eventually.

If it's only for occasional printing, eg boarding cards, it might be worth considering the Internet cafe behind Plaza de la Laguna. Also, I understand that the shop on the corner opposite Passage does printing.

Regards

MikeCol May 17th 2017 8:21 am

Originally Posted by Fred R (Post 12254241)
If it's only for occasional printing, eg boarding cards, it might be worth considering the Internet cafe behind Plaza de la Laguna. Also, I understand that the shop on the corner opposite Passage does printing.

Regards

Alternatively you could (if it's only for boarding passes) use your phone. We download the app of which ever airline we are using (usually Ryanair) & then at the airport they just scan your phone. So much easier & no need for a paper copy, regards Bryony

MikeJ May 17th 2017 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by keithBT (Post 12254081)

Good point - I got a compact ink-jet printer and I hardly ever use it as I have to buy new cartridges every time I visit because they dry out. I've tried all sorts of airtight wrapping, even putting them in the fridge but they do dry out if not used.

XFILES May 18th 2017 6:34 am

Can be in Isla Canela off/on for up to 6 months a year so all points taken. Thanks for the replies.
XFILES

Jon-Bxl May 18th 2017 11:47 am

Originally Posted by MikeJ (Post 12254448)
Good point - I got a compact ink-jet printer and I hardly ever use it as I have to buy new cartridges every time I visit because they dry out. I've tried all sorts of airtight wrapping, even putting them in the fridge but they do dry out if not used.

Yes Lasers never dry out. I have a laser and it works perfectly even after months. I also have an ink jet but that it isnt idle for more than 6weeks, I bought refilled cartriges, and they came with a clip, that pushes a rubber strip against the ink output. So I use them every time, and no drying.

So a wifi printer needs a connection to the router, I didnt know that, dinosaur!! I use the cable.

Jon