Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Why would you want to live in Mallorca?

Why would you want to live in Mallorca?

Old Jul 30th 2012, 11:02 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why would you want to live in Mallorca?

Originally Posted by anonimouse
But still thinks she is better than one
careful she will give you a link so you can read Mitzy's post as well

I like it here, I get told what I can eat, what television I can watch, how often I must conjugate my verbs,
This forum is a real education, all I need now is someone to set my eyepatch thingy doodad so it will make the tea for me and I will become the first redundant pensionista
Old Jul 31st 2012, 8:14 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anonimouse
Poblem is they don't take their own advice, I find that astonishing, so don't bloody trust em
considering the snide comments, empty content in posts just to keep their average up, its all a game as they will never meet the person they are slagging off and shouting at. The latest thing is can't use Three Letter Acronyms because it confuses people !! Oh and was told yesterday I must use those apostrophy thingys. PLEEZE

anyway
Have driven past Mallorca a couple of times but never stopped even for the day.
From the foto's, reminds me of parts of the West Indies, the beautiful beaches, the crystal clear waters where you can see 60ft to the bottom. Similarly Bermuda, lovely place but not in the WIndies.
But then there are still many unspoilt spots around the world, places that couldnt hold a candle to such as the superb Brighton & Hove for plain ugliness.

When Man cocks it up he does it properly.
Old Jul 31st 2012, 8:27 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
The latest thing is can't use Three Letter Acronyms because it confuses people !! Oh and was told yesterday I must use those apostrophy thingys. PLEEZE
No TLA's? WTF???

anyway
Have driven past Mallorca a couple of times but never stopped even for the day.
Driving by? on your yacht?

From the foto's, reminds me of parts of the West Indies, the beautiful beaches, the crystal clear waters where you can see 60ft to the bottom. Similarly Bermuda, lovely place but not in the WIndies.
But then there are still many unspoilt spots around the world, places that couldnt hold a candle to such as the superb Brighton & Hove for plain ugliness.
No, it's far from "unspoilt", but it isn't "Benidorm as an island" either. It's just that most tourists go to Magaluf and presume that's all there is, which only begs the question, "Why would you ever want to live here"?.

I sure wouldn't, and don't (but we do visit from time to time, just to catch a show or be entertained by the nutters).

Last edited by amideislas; Jul 31st 2012 at 8:30 am.
Old Aug 1st 2012, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by amideislas

Driving by? on your yacht?

No, not my yacht, the Admiral's
couple of times did a drive by with a flat top, but usually they were smaller

the only island I ever stopped off at was Malta
although much further west Madeira was also a nice place and also the Canaries but the parts I visited were to touristy, but they don't have alot of anything else there....

we usually got enough provisions from Mons Calpe so didnt need to call in anywhere.
Old Aug 1st 2012, 7:51 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Mallorca still attracting the big fish