Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Why are we changing ?

Why are we changing ?

Old Jul 29th 2011, 9:01 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Why are we changing ?

I would be very interested to hear your views on this.

There seems to be more and more of this going on, even in our Nursing homes too.

Why are the British turning into monsters? (Well that's what it looks like to me). This didn't happen years ago, did it?

They say they can't prosecute.

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16038834
Old Jul 29th 2011, 9:35 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why are we changing ?

Originally Posted by anonimouse
I would be very interested to hear your views on this.

There seems to be more and more of this going on, even in our Nursing homes too.

Why are the British turning into monsters? (Well that's what it looks like to me). This didn't happen years ago, did it?

They say they can't prosecute.

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16038834
Absolutely disgusting.

However I've no reason to believe that it's confined to Britain nor that it's a recent phenomenon. It's only recently that it's been filmed though...
Old Jul 29th 2011, 9:57 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen a lot worse in slaughterhouses over the years and I would say that generally things have improved to what they used to be with increased controls and checks in most instances.

However nursing homes are a different kettle of fish and it seems as the saying goes that you just can't get the staff these days.
Well I suppose they can get them of a sort, but to many its just a matter of going through the motions with as little hassle as possible and collecting their wages at the end of the week.
No doubt there are still many caring and conscientious staff but to many others it is just another job and no doubt their employers will not always pay over the odds for the best.
From what I have seen many of the better care nurses are cherry picked and taken on privately by needy clients willing to pay a little more, also quite a few of them find they are better off working on the black for cash, so it works out well for both parties, but leaves the bigger concerns with even greater difficulties finding quality conscientious staff at the wages they pay.
Old Jul 30th 2011, 9:33 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
I've seen a lot worse in slaughterhouses over the years and I would say that generally things have improved to what they used to be with increased controls and checks in most instances.

However nursing homes are a different kettle of fish and it seems as the saying goes that you just can't get the staff these days.
Well I suppose they can get them of a sort, but to many its just a matter of going through the motions with as little hassle as possible and collecting their wages at the end of the week.
No doubt there are still many caring and conscientious staff but to many others it is just another job and no doubt their employers will not always pay over the odds for the best.
From what I have seen many of the better care nurses are cherry picked and taken on privately by needy clients willing to pay a little more, also quite a few of them find they are better off working on the black for cash, so it works out well for both parties, but leaves the bigger concerns with even greater difficulties finding quality conscientious staff at the wages they pay.
As someone said above, it just gets more publicity, plus of course, there are more of us and we are packed more tightly together. The more you do that the less civilised we become.
Old Jul 30th 2011, 9:37 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I suspect that sort of thing has been going on for years and years, and I doubt it is limited to the UK. With the increase in technology and support groups they are more likely to be "caught on camera", but I do admit I don't understand why they don't prosecute, even though one of them had their licence withdrawn
Old Jul 30th 2011, 11:56 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Having just finished reading a book about the Middle Ages, I think there is less cruelty now, because of better education and programmes like Sky News. But as the disgusting video shows, there is still too much of it around, everywhere in the world.

Imagine Sky News filming in Plaza Mayor in Madrid, centuries ago?
Old Jul 30th 2011, 1:08 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
Having just finished reading a book about the Middle Ages, I think there is less cruelty now, because of better education and programmes like Sky News. But as the disgusting video shows, there is still too much of it around, everywhere in the world.

Imagine Sky News filming in Plaza Mayor in Madrid, centuries ago?
3 Cheers for the Spanish Inquisition, eh?
Old Jul 30th 2011, 1:35 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
3 Cheers for the Spanish Inquisition, eh?
Could be a good case for bringing it back.
No shortage of appropriate customers I would have thought.
Old Jul 30th 2011, 2:13 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Could be a good case for bringing it back.
No shortage of appropriate customers I would have thought.
Yeah, the likes of us would be up there screaming for having dared to suggest that a priest might have a fondness for children... Or for daring to think for ourselves. I seem to remember that translating the bible into english carried the death penalty.
Old Jul 30th 2011, 5:04 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Do unto others as you would want them to do unto you