Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Why i called myself advent7006

Why i called myself advent7006

Old May 14th 2008, 8:17 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Why i called myself advent7006

Originally Posted by zel
I always do anyway with trusty 3g 'broadband' that costs the bloody earth!
Cool,, so we wont lose you then?
Old May 14th 2008, 8:17 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zel
haha! Yeah we do have trade plates, but stupidly there is no such thing as a pan European versions so they're useless outside of the UK!

Todays trip is a UK regged car so nothing to worry about there and Germany it's a Nissan Navara + 16ft Trailer to and from! So no need for them also!

BTW: I stumbled across an Disco on Spanish plates up for about 10k euros i'll pm you the details if you're interested.
yeah that would be good, thanks.

I quite like Navara's too!
Old May 14th 2008, 8:19 am
zel

zel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
yeah that would be good, thanks.

I quite like Navara's too!
PM On it's way!

Unfortunately because of our location (London) space is extremely limited so we now have to hire a truck/trailer as storing them would be a nightmare..

Not bad tho, brand new Narava Trial with towbar for £120 for 3 days unlimited mileage!!
Old May 14th 2008, 8:25 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zel
PM On it's way!

Unfortunately because of our location (London) space is extremely limited so we now have to hire a truck/trailer as storing them would be a nightmare..

Not bad tho, brand new Narava Trial with towbar for £120 for 3 days unlimited mileage!!
thanks mate.
Old May 14th 2008, 8:27 am
Account Closed

El Capitan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zel
.... brand new Narava Trial ....
The jury is still out on that one
Old May 14th 2008, 8:30 am
zel

Originally Posted by El Capitan
The jury is still out on that one
Yes yes, I know.. trying to do 10 things at once WITH the dog barking at me to take her for walks
Old May 14th 2008, 8:31 am
zel

Originally Posted by Same Difference
Cool,, so we wont lose you then?
Urm, depends how crap the traffic jams are or how many times I stop for a rest! That's when I normally check emails/etc!
Old May 14th 2008, 8:47 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zel
But are they completely different? or perhaps the user(s) have a dynamic IP address?
Originally Posted by zel
I'm still not convinced tbh....

Could be a dynamic ip address, using a proxy, or just plain change of ISP.

I'll shut up about it from now on, but the only way to disprove me and a lot of others thinking this is in fact our much loved Grooster is photographic evidence of some sort!

Not to mention Advent has been on this thread many times since my question and has defended herself against Debsy but completely ignored my post which could have possibly proved she is legit!

Something fishy going on and it's not from the rock and chips I had last night!

Please .......................

Whatever anyone thinks, no rules have been broken, and its unfair to keep making such comments with no proof. If you have proof then let me have it. If not then lets drop it She doesn't have to prove anything, for as far as I am concerned at the moment she has as much right to be here as anyone else.

Gracias
Old May 14th 2008, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy

Whatever anyone thinks, no rules have been broken, and its unfair to keep making such comments with no proof. If you have proof then let me have it. If not then lets drop it She doesn't have to prove anything, for as far as I am concerned at the moment she has as much right to be here as anyone else.

Gracias
Thanks for posting that Mitzy!
Old May 14th 2008, 9:18 am
Straw Man.

Gracias
what's got your goat eh??
Old May 14th 2008, 9:23 am

what's got your goat eh??
Probably people not being very nice to Advent!
Old May 14th 2008, 9:33 am
zel

Note in red

Originally Posted by zel
I'm still not convinced tbh....

Could be a dynamic ip address, using a proxy, or just plain change of ISP.

I'll shut up about it from now on, but the only way to disprove me and a lot of others thinking this is in fact our much loved Grooster is photographic evidence of some sort!

Not to mention Advent has been on this thread many times since my question and has defended herself against Debsy but completely ignored my post which could have possibly proved she is legit!

Something fishy going on and it's not from the rock and chips I had last night!

Gracias
Old May 14th 2008, 9:45 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Same Difference
Probably people not being very nice to Advent!
and that doesn't include me I hasten to add.
Old May 14th 2008, 9:50 am
zel

and that doesn't include me I hasten to add.
Shut up and do some work..

On that subject my mum wanted me to google about how to take a clipping/sample off a Rhododendron tree?

She loves em and has a gigantic potted one (no space to plant) that we saved from my late grandmothers home which seems to be dying now.

Thus wanting to take a few clippings/samples to try and grow something off it just in case my attempt at repotting it fails!

Help!

EDIT: BTW when I repotted it, it was not pot-bound or whatever you lot call it!

Last edited by zel; May 14th 2008 at 9:56 am.
Old May 14th 2008, 10:06 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by zel
Shut up and do some work..

On that subject my mum wanted me to google about how to take a clipping/sample off a Rhododendron tree?

She loves em and has a gigantic potted one (no space to plant) that we saved from my late grandmothers home which seems to be dying now.

Thus wanting to take a few clippings/samples to try and grow something off it just in case my attempt at repotting it fails!

Help!

EDIT: BTW when I repotted it, it was not pot-bound or whatever you lot call it!
now is the best time to do it, take a cutting from any semi hard wood, the harder the cutting the harder it will be to re-root, but if the cutting is too soft wood it is more likely to rot.

The best way to do it is to put a few cuttings into a ot, put some canes over it and pull some plastic over the top, don't put it in direct sunlight, and the condensation from the plastic will water it just enough, so long as you atch the soil doesn't dry out. They should root within 6 weeks.

Alternatively look at the pot to see if the parent plant has put any suckers out, if its stressed then it should have, simply cut these from the parent plant and plant them on.

Oh and I have decided to take a mufty day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.