Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Why do some people Lie

Why do some people Lie

Old Jun 3rd 2008, 6:33 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Why do some people Lie

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
I normally keep half a dozen rooms free for the UK coach Trips that may have broken down, So if you have gone off the idea of a CAVE weekend,I can let you have the rooms at cost which is 325 euros per night. I would just add a ps your rooms would be on the 18th floor so no donkeys. My brother is a vet and he tells me they have a phobia for lifts so leave your donkey with a friend. PPS no cooking in the rooms and do not remove the Egyptian cotton bathrobes and slippers.You Ex Pats may fiddle the UK NHS for your HRT but not me already.
Ask your bus driver to drop you at Oasis de Marbella urbanisation you will see us up on the left hand side.......... Look out for falling towels
Thankyou for that honest answer Bucksy!
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 6:44 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Same Difference
Thankyou for that honest answer Bucksy!
I will not lie to you I was having dinner with David Frost last night... He always comes unannounced, I thought I heard a helicopter landing on my private beach but I thought it was my copy of Hello being delivered anyway as David would say as... SD you look at the photo ...The clues are there... Who would live in a place like this, SD its over to you,He then proceeded to wolf down a nice 18 oz fillet of Kobe Beef which I had flown in from Japan for my dogs.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 6:46 am

I will not lie to you I was having dinner with David Frost last night... He always comes unannounced, I thought I heard a helicopter landing on my private beach but I thought it was my copy of Hello being delivered anyway as David would say as... SD you look at the photo ...The clues are there... Who would live in a place like this, SD its over to you,He then proceeded to wolf down a nice 18 oz fillet of Kobe Beef which I had flown in from Japan for my dogs.
LIAR!!!
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 6:51 am

LIAR!!!
See you and I always stay on Thread.......Its all Dem Udders who go off piste on their black runs
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 6:52 am

See you and I always stay on Thread.......Its all Dem Udders who go off piste on their black runs
You should be on the stage Bucksy..........you missed your way!!
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 6:55 am

You should be on the stage Bucksy..........you missed your way!!

I'm resting at the moment darling. My phone is hot but those agents can go to hell
However if you want to see me and have something to keep forever pop onto E/Bay and purchase
my last little gem I did, I leave you to guess which character I played, ohhhhhhhh it was so me

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:40 am.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 6:56 am

I'm resting at the moment darling. My phone is hot but those agents can go to hell
Another lie Bucksy!!
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

madcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud of

never mind out people lying in spain...what a bout when they come over to the uk and lie lie and cheat..
I am so fed up..thought i was doing a house swap..solicitors involved..homework done...and then the bombshell....the cash buyer yes cash buyer couldnt get a mortgage!!!!!

so back to the drawing board,

from pissed off UK
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 2:01 pm
GCM
Forum Regular

GCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant future

Good post Dee Dee - many people on these forums are looking to move to Spain and it is good to come here with your eyes wide open.

Because it can be hard to earn a living in Spain, many people will appear to be your friend and take advantage. It is a shock because most people seem so friendly - and most are genuine - but some have ulterior motives so do be careful!

I do get your point though - why lie about your house or status? What does it matter? These people must be obsessed with money and appearances not their own personal qualities - not they probably have many!

Mark
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GCM
Good post Dee Dee - many people on these forums are looking to move to Spain and it is good to come here with your eyes wide open.

Because it can be hard to earn a living in Spain, many people will appear to be your friend and take advantage. It is a shock because most people seem so friendly - and most are genuine - but some have ulterior motives so do be careful!

I do get your point though - why lie about your house or status? What does it matter? These people must be obsessed with money and appearances not their own personal qualities - not they probably have many!

Mark
Its also funny that one of the main things people say they like about Spain is the the fact that they dont have the "keep up with the Jones's" attitude, however they seem to give it the billy big bollocks all the time, very starnge mentality some people have.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 3:22 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrich666
Its also funny that one of the main things people say they like about Spain is the the fact that they dont have the "keep up with the Jones's" attitude, however they seem to give it the billy big bollocks all the time, very starnge mentality some people have.
Ere, dont bring me into it!
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 3:38 pm
Dipsomaniac

mikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Ere, dont bring me into it!
If I wanted to keep up with you, I'd have to start going backwards!
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 4:03 pm
Dipsomaniac

mikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by andyrich666
Well in my time ive got one DC demoted and 2 PC's lost there job, one of which does now live in spain and ***was*** on the sex offenders register.

I personally have no problem with genuine coppers who see there job as just that and not a obsession
How does a DC get demoted? Constable is the lowest rank there is, becoming a detective is not a promotion. With tenure in place in several forces nowadays it is quite common for someone to switch between DC and PC more than once in their career
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikeoc
How does a DC get demoted? Constable is the lowest rank there is, becoming a detective is not a promotion. With tenure in place in several forces nowadays it is quite common for someone to switch between DC and PC more than once in their career
We are going back to 1996 but yes it was DC back down to Police Constable after rattling battle at Snaresbrook
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 6:31 pm
Smarties

SmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really nice

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Yeah, met a couple.............

Dad always said that if all the people that say they were in the SAS actually were it would be the biggest regiment in the Army!

but then I have said that to you sooooo many times now.
Hehe off thread I know but when was in the RAF i hiked home and back to base regular. Got a lift from a well known company HVG and half way to stafford on M6 he had a puncture and pulled over. He had bored me rigid about his days in the SAS and even produced a badge from his wallet with the wings and dagger. Five mins later a collegue of his pulled over and agreed to drop me at Stafford while his mate waited for the tyre company. I of course mentioned the SAS thing and he was roaring laughing and couldnt wait to tell his mates seems this guy was a walter mitty type bloke and this was his best story yet lmao. Often wonder how he got on on return to base

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.