Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Why do Mallorcans think they can push-in queues?

Why do Mallorcans think they can push-in queues?

Old Nov 20th 2019, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

criodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud of
Default Re: Why do Mallorcans think they can push-in queues?

It's the driving and parking that gets me in Spain. It happens everywhere, not just Spain, but I do notice it more in Spain. In Granada, it seems a lot of people just pull up in their car and do what they have to do. I find the driving around Granada atrocious.
I haven't really noticed the issues with queuing . I've seen it, but I've seen it in Ireland as well as other countries, and as long as people stand back and let it happen, it will happen. I often wonder what Dutch or Japanese tourists must think when they visit the south of Spain.
Is the north of Spain much different? I've been to the basque country, but didn't take much notice.
Old Nov 20th 2019, 4:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

bob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond repute

Criodain, you ever driven in Rome or Milan ? Its a true living nightmare.
Old Nov 20th 2019, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

criodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud of

bob_bob I haven't driven there, but yes, I'd agree, they're bad there as well. I don't know what it is about the mentality of a lot of people in Spain and Italy. They've lots of great things in both countries, but I get the feeling that if there is a stroke to be pulled, it'll be pulled rather than being above board. (Not that Ireland, where I'm from is any better mind).
You see it from driving to queuing etc, and you'd wonder is this half the reason parts of those countries are economically screwed!