Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Why Do family's Not support you

Why Do family's Not support you

Old Sep 1st 2006, 1:01 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Why Do family's Not support you

Originally Posted by glynis
It´s the old saying your daughter is your daughter for life but a son is only your son until he takes a wife.

Hi
yes Glynis very true, i have one of each my sons not old enough to have a wife i will wait for that one

But any way life is Spain is very good and you dont live far from me i live just outside Arcos, and i am planing a trip to Chicalana to get some tea bags from eurosci, Ive been told they do a good line, is that true ? not so far to go as to Gib.

Can you tell me do you know where in your area is the shop where a spanish guy creates ceramics ?

And i have been told there is a shop with English books, i have been buying them from Carrafour but a bit limited,

any way enjoy the sun
Old Sep 1st 2006, 5:40 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by gallerie9
Hi
yes Glynis very true, i have one of each my sons not old enough to have a wife i will wait for that one

But any way life is Spain is very good and you dont live far from me i live just outside Arcos, and i am planing a trip to Chicalana to get some tea bags from eurosci, Ive been told they do a good line, is that true ? not so far to go as to Gib.

Can you tell me do you know where in your area is the shop where a spanish guy creates ceramics ?

And i have been told there is a shop with English books, i have been buying them from Carrafour but a bit limited,

any way enjoy the sun
Glynis probably knows more than I do, but I believe the English bookshop may have closed down. Ther is a lovely ceramic shop on the old road from Chiclana to Conil, in Colorado. Heading towards Conil it is on the left. In amongst the nice but slightly kitsch Spanish stuff there is some lovely original work, much of it created by the son who works in the rear of the shop.
Another nice place to shop if you don't know it is Bahia Sur in San Fernando on the way to Cadiz, and about 10 mins from Chiclana. There is a very good Carrefour, a small Corte Inglese and various other shops.
Old Sep 1st 2006, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

Hi
There is a new bookshop selling English books on the outskirts of La Barrosa

http://www.mycadiz.biz/Classifieds.htm#books
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 6:47 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dazzle
There is a new bookshop selling English books on the outskirts of La Barrosa

http://www.mycadiz.biz/Classifieds.htm#books
I get most of my English books from local car boot sales, we have them Thursday and Sunday, and there are plenty of small British shops that sell a few books, OK they are secondhand, but they do give money back when you take them back, don't ever pay more than €3 for a book, and some of them are brand new.
Old Sep 12th 2006, 2:24 pm
scot chick

scot chick is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Why Do family's Not support you

Originally Posted by the sun is shining
Hi,
We are moving to Spain very soon, My god you would think i am moving to the other side of the world, not a 2 hour flight.

Has anyone had this problem with family's not being very supportive and thinking you are making a big mistake.

They either cant crasp that we are really going or it's why do you want to go there?

I get "look what you are giving up" Mmmmm my reply is well we have sold our home, my material things i could not give two hoots about, My husband is self employed and works for himself so not exactly in a employed job.

Also i only see my family every few months i do speak to them everyday on the phone but i am sure i can continue that.

Has anyone ever have similar experience and how did they deal with them, i honestly dont think we will be having any leaving do, are they being genuinely caring or do you think secretly they would of loved to have the bottle to get up and go!!!!!!
hi i wouldnt worry too much we had exactly the same experience but worse we told all our family 18months before we moved and one daughter said they thought we were being selfish then announced 5months before we moved she was pregnant (with our first grandchild) then 1 week later our other daughter announced she was pregnant too so we had this huge dilema do we stay or do we go so after many sleepless nights we decided it was time for my husband and i to spend some time together and they had their own husbands so we had 2 gorgeous grandchildren (1 boy & 1 girl) born 10 days apart born in october and we moved out here in in march it was probably the hardest thing we ever did, butwait for it our grandaughter who will be 2 next month has been out 12 times !!!!!!!!!!!making them our 24th lot of visitors in 18 months so im sure your family will come round but be warned you will never get any peace because once they see the lifestyle you will have out here they will keep coming back . good luck
Old Sep 12th 2006, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

any way enjoy the sun
Teabags in Eroski expensive and think they could be quite old. Still think a trip to Gib is the best or get people to bring them when they come out.
Old Sep 12th 2006, 6:16 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glynis
Teabags in Eroski expensive and think they could be quite old. Still think a trip to Gib is the best or get people to bring them when they come out.
We've seen t bags in local British Shops, with the UK price printed on, and the price over here is something like 10 cents more than the euro price conversion, so not a lot of profiteering, however you do have to look around.