Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

who stocks head board for double bed in Ayamonte area?

who stocks head board for double bed in Ayamonte area?

Old May 10th 2019, 11:06 am
Montesol, Ayamonte

maccro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default who stocks head board for double bed in Ayamonte area?

Hello, when reading in bed, pillows against the wall aren't enough. Any suggestions on head board stockists. I appreciate that I'll probably have to attach it to he wall rather than the base of the bed. Thanks
Michael
Old May 12th 2019, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: who stocks head board for double bed in Ayamonte area?

Try Ferrer on the industrial estate near the motorway . They have a huge selection of furniture
Old May 12th 2019, 10:00 am
Montesol, Ayamonte

Thanks guesswork, I'll give them a try as they're close by. Also seems to be one beyond tavira with a selection on their website.
Old May 13th 2019, 9:59 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

If you do not find what you want locally Amazon.es have a good selection.

Rosemary
Old May 14th 2019, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Hi,

There's a new furniture store on the Poligono at the far end on the right,past
Garden centre, good selection and nice people.

Also in town again on the industrial estate, on the back road facing the river
big warehouse full of stuff, he owns the furniture store near the roundabout
in town by the Zebra crossing,

Ken.
Old May 14th 2019, 11:39 am
Montesol, Ayamonte

Thanks Ken, I'll check these out.
Old May 20th 2019, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi maccro, DId you find a headboard ???? I've been trying to buy one for FIVE years locally in Ayamonte !!! Have a laugh - out of desperation I bought a nice padded job from Ikea at seville a couple of years ago. Trouble was I had to return it for an immediate refund. No way would it fit in our rented Seat ibiza hatchback !!!! I'd worked out that at five feet wide it would slide in with the seats down. Trouble is these things go right down to the floor and are about five foot high as well. So we still don't have a headboard on either bed after five years. I've almost given up. ha ha.
Old May 21st 2019, 8:21 am
Montesol, Ayamonte

Originally Posted by keithBT
Hi maccro, DId you find a headboard ???? I've been trying to buy one for FIVE years locally in Ayamonte !!! Have a laugh - out of desperation I bought a nice padded job from Ikea at seville a couple of years ago. Trouble was I had to return it for an immediate refund. No way would it fit in our rented Seat ibiza hatchback !!!! I'd worked out that at five feet wide it would slide in with the seats down. Trouble is these things go right down to the floor and are about five foot high as well. So we still don't have a headboard on either bed after five years. I've almost given up. ha ha.
Hello Keith. There is some choice in both Ferrer and Rapimeuble on the industrial estate. We made enquiries and they can be ordered into stock but that takes about two weeks for both. We were only out for a short stay in Ayamonte this time so couldn't wait 2 weeks.
Anyway, when we next arrive in Faro my beloved wants to check out the stock in https://taviradiscountwarehouse.com/
and then decide.
Although, as you point out, size could be a problem to transport it myself from Tavira area. so might have to stick with a local ayamonte firm who would deliver to our door. Hope this helps.
Regards Michael

Old May 21st 2019, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Smile Re: who stocks head board for double bed in Ayamonte area?

Muy bueno, well done Michael. I must have passed the Tavira discount warehouse several times with my eyes shut!! I checked out the website and there are a few headboards there that would do me. Whats more they deliver free to VRSA and say there is a minimal charge to CE. I'm sure the delivery fee could be negotiated if you were prepared to wait a few days until they had a van full to deliver to vrsa /ce. Many thanks for the info. PS, My head is marking the wall above the bed where there is no headboard - wife not impressed ! Ha,ha.
Old May 21st 2019, 10:27 pm
Montesol, Ayamonte

Muy bueno, well done Michael. I must have passed the Tavira discount warehouse several times with my eyes shut!! I checked out the website and there are a few headboards there that would do me. Whats more they deliver free to VRSA and say there is a minimal charge to CE. I'm sure the delivery fee could be negotiated if you were prepared to wait a few days until they had a van full to deliver to vrsa /ce. Many thanks for the info. PS, My head is marking the wall above the bed where there is no headboard - wife not impressed ! Ha,ha.
Good to know their delivery terms Keith. I'll check then out on our next flight into Faro.
Old May 22nd 2019, 9:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

At the very bottom of their webpage when you click on the link it says Ayamonte is included in the Eastern Algarve so no cost.
Old May 22nd 2019, 12:29 pm
Montesol, Ayamonte

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn

At the very bottom of their webpage when you click on the link it says Ayamonte is included in the Eastern Algarve so no cost.
Even better john, thanks
Old Aug 5th 2019, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

UPDATE : We went to the tavira discount warehouse last month. Used to be called Frontera before. It's closer to Fuseta than Tavira. Anyway, It is run by an English couple, but it is more of a showroom to order from. I explained that I really wanted to take a headboard away that day and they came up with a couple of choices from stock. Okay, so you can't be too choosey, but we were very happy in terms of quality and price for a thick padded faux leather job in beige. After we repainted the wall a darker shade........ the beige looked good against it. Of course their headboards are 190cm wide so they cover up the bedside socket outlets / switches hence you have to move them over as well which is a bit of a pain. Some nice sofa's there btw.