Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Who needs Spain ?

Who needs Spain ?

Old Jul 18th 2013, 10:20 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who needs Spain ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...cast-week.html

Usual drama of death and destruction from the Mail but most folk seem to be lapping it up judging by the photos.

For me a bit too hot, just came back from Spain to try and get away from it.

Some great shots in there, I didn't check them all out first time around,... quite agree Matt.

Last edited by Dick Dasterdly; Jul 18th 2013 at 10:44 am. Reason: add on
Old Jul 18th 2013, 10:36 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who needs Spain ?

Surfing never held much of an appeal for me before....
Old Jul 18th 2013, 10:40 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

I would rather be in Spain or Portugal or infact anywhere than in the UK when the sun shines.
Why ?,
As soon as the temp rises average joe Brit thinks its OK to dispense with his shirt showoing off beer bellies, tattoos etc, Some of the women are no better. They think that it is OK to dress this way when going to the nearest supermarket to pick up their slabs of beer or lager plus disposable BBQ and meat to cook.
They then make their way to the nearest beach, park leisure area to drink copious amounts of alcohol, set fire to them selves and leave in a drunken stupor forgetting tto take away all their rubbish. repeating the process later in the week or the next weekend.
Oh what it is to be British.
Old Jul 18th 2013, 10:47 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
I would rather be in Spain or Portugal or infact anywhere than in the UK when the sun shines.
Why ?,
As soon as the temp rises average joe Brit thinks its OK to dispense with his shirt showoing off beer bellies, tattoos etc, Some of the women are no better. They think that it is OK to dress this way when going to the nearest supermarket to pick up their slabs of beer or lager plus disposable BBQ and meat to cook.
They then make their way to the nearest beach, park leisure area to drink copious amounts of alcohol, set fire to them selves and leave in a drunken stupor forgetting tto take away all their rubbish. repeating the process later in the week or the next weekend.
I knew we could always rely on you to put the damper on proceedings.
Old Jul 18th 2013, 11:05 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Wish I could put a damper on their BBQ,s.
If you had to walk past these groups who seem to be unable to use a word unless it starts with an F or walk 10 yds to dispose of their rubbish you might feel the same.
Looking forward to the end of the heatwave when they will crawl back into their holes.
This small minority spoil it for everyone else and are one of the reasons why many of our public places become No Go areas for families and the elderly.
Some supermarkets are employing additional security to deal with the problem.
Old Jul 18th 2013, 11:13 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
Why ?,
Yeah, you don't get any of that in Spain or Portugal....
Old Jul 18th 2013, 11:24 am
EMR
Banned

I have to say that apart from the odd crowd of Brits, I have not come across it in our travels.
Old Jul 18th 2013, 11:25 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Yeah, you don't get any of that in Spain or Portugal....
Not in Spanish populated areas!
However it does seem more likely you'll come across pickpockets, and TopManta guys (known as Lookie-Lookie men by expats?) selling their wares on rugs in Spain... Swings and roundabouts I suppose.
Old Jul 18th 2013, 11:49 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
Not in Spanish populated areas!
However it does seem more likely you'll come across pickpockets, and TopManta guys (known as Lookie-Lookie men by expats?) selling their wares on rugs in Spain... Swings and roundabouts I suppose.
You do remember I lived in Spain right? You remember I lived in a heavily Spanish area?
Old Jul 18th 2013, 11:52 am
EMR
Banned

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
You do remember I lived in Spain right? You remember I lived in a heavily Spanish area?

Sounds like parts of London Steve.
Old Jul 18th 2013, 12:12 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by EMR
Sounds like parts of London Steve.
I'm not Steve.
Old Jul 18th 2013, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

stuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
Why ?,
I'm not sure what part(s) of the UK you are familiar with. I was at the beach yesterday and didn't see such scenes as you describe. Why do you have such a downer on Brits and the UK?
Old Jul 18th 2013, 12:31 pm
EMR
Banned

I have no dwoner on Brits or the UK just that small minority of pond life who give us a bad reputation abroad and who have give no thought to others in the way they behave.
Old Jul 18th 2013, 12:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
I have to say that apart from the odd crowd of Brits, I have not come across it in our travels.
I've never come across that anywhere, neither in the UK or Spain

Maybe its down to the area you actually live in
Old Jul 18th 2013, 12:58 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
I've never come across that anywhere, neither in the UK or Spain

Maybe its down to the area you actually live in
I think that's probably true.

And it's also true that what you see is what you want to see.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.