Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Who lives in the most ridiculous street?

Who lives in the most ridiculous street?

Old Apr 27th 2007, 6:24 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who lives in the most ridiculous street?

Have you ever bothered to translate your street name into English? Sometimes they can sound fine in Spanish, but totally pants once you realise what it means.

My street sounds okay translated - Larch Street, but I have seen the following locally:

Divine Shepherd Street
Snail Street
Mother of God
Heads Street
Meat Street
Oven Street

Or there are some that just sound ridiculous as they are in Spanish:

Calle Ponce

If you´re not sure what you street name means, why not post it here and we will translate for you.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 6:25 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who lives in the most ridiculous street?

Originally Posted by keithwalters
Have you ever bothered to translate your street name into English? Sometimes they can sound fine in Spanish, but totally pants once you realise what it means.

My street sounds okay translated - Larch Street, but I have seen the following locally:

Divine Shepherd Street
Snail Street
Mother of God
Heads Street
Meat Street
Oven Street

Or there are some that just sound ridiculous as they are in Spanish:

Calle Ponce

If you´re not sure what you street name means, why not post it here and we will translate for you.
haven't seen you about for a while Keith, good to have you back.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 6:27 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah nice to have you back. Have you been busy gambling your karma?
Old Apr 27th 2007, 6:28 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
haven't seen you about for a while Keith, good to have you back.
Yeah, for a while I actually got a life. But then I realised I was kidding myself - I have now accepted and come to terms with my geek status.

Only joking. Great to be back. Feeling a bit swamped by the amount of posts that are on here these days.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 6:30 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, for a while I actually got a life. But then I realised I was kidding myself - I have now accepted and come to terms with my geek status.

Only joking. Great to be back. Feeling a bit swamped by the amount of posts that are on here these days.
Mad isn't it?

Time to cut the tie for me I think.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 6:31 pm

Mad isn't it?

Time to cut the tie for me I think.
Dont you dare, we look forward to your posts!
Old Apr 27th 2007, 6:32 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by sam parky
Dont you dare, we look forward to your posts!
Its always good to take a break though.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 6:33 pm

I agree, just wish some people would come back happy chappies (not you keith).
Old Apr 27th 2007, 6:33 pm
has got a huge member

Yeah nice to have you back. Have you been busy gambling your karma?
Hey Sammy. How´s Ayamonte? I´ve not been there for a few weeks.

Has anyone been to that fantastic idea I had about the meetup on Saturday evenings in the club house? I haven´t even been myself yet!!
Old Apr 27th 2007, 6:36 pm

Hey Sammy. How´s Ayamonte? I´ve not been there for a few weeks.

Has anyone been to that fantastic idea I had about the meetup on Saturday evenings in the club house? I haven´t even been myself yet!!
Not been there myself yet lol. Although I have been there he last 2 nights cos hubbys in the Uk and I have been busy socializing Let me know when you are next here and me and hubby will be there!
Old Apr 27th 2007, 6:45 pm
has got a huge member

Not been there myself yet lol. Although I have been there he last 2 nights cos hubbys in the Uk and I have been busy socializing Let me know when you are next here and me and hubby will be there!
Ah, so when the cat´s away.......

Now what is your excuse ? You live right on the doorstep! I think I have only been to Ayamonte once since my brainwave idea, but that was midweek so noone was at the meetup.

Anyway I´ll announce my next trip up to Ayamonte to see if the idea can be kick started a bit.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 7:29 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy Widecombe - give my love to Uncle Tom Cobbly and all!!!!!!

Rosemary
Old Apr 27th 2007, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Keith,
Where've you been? Sevilla?

[Quote]Or there are some that just sound ridiculous as they are in Spanish:

Calle Ponce[Quote]

Hey, I have an Uncle Ponce in my family! (Tito Ponch or Poncho, sometimes, bless him! ) Ponce is short for Alfonso. Many macho Ponces in history...
eermm, 1. Ponce de Leon! Next?

Regards,
Carol
Old Apr 27th 2007, 9:40 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Carol&John;4707404]Hi Keith,
Where've you been? Sevilla?

[Quote]Or there are some that just sound ridiculous as they are in Spanish:

Calle Ponce

Hey, I have an Uncle Ponce in my family! (Tito Ponch or Poncho, sometimes, bless him! ) Ponce is short for Alfonso. Many macho Ponces in history...
eermm, 1. Ponce de Leon! Next?

Regards,
Carol

Thought the thread was about street names>>>
Old Apr 27th 2007, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Don't frown, Mikelincs, or you might get wrinkles.
"Calle Ponce" is a street name.
Carol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.