Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Who knows about Spanish Tv's?

Who knows about Spanish Tv's?

Old Aug 27th 2019, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

SportyPorty will become famous soon enoughSportyPorty will become famous soon enough
Default Who knows about Spanish Tv's?

I was out with my wife this afternoon in Carrefour and saw a Sony Bravia Smart TV on offer. I almost bit-the-bullet, but had a sudden thought. Would this TV be able to down load apps like BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, etc..? Or would I need to buy a British TV and ship it over to be able to enjoy those features. I have a VPN configured WiFi, so no issues once configured, but would it come with iSpanishTV apps? Appreciate any help before I buy the wrong TV. Thanks.
Old Aug 27th 2019, 7:46 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who knows about Spanish Tv's?

It probably won’t have the UK apps but there is usually a way round it somewhere in the settings with a few clever tweaks. Just Google it. If all else fails a simple device like an Amazon Firestick will give you all the usual apps and more.
Old Aug 28th 2019, 3:10 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Go to a retailer where you can see the tv working and test the features you want to use.
Old Aug 28th 2019, 6:01 am
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Some of the TVs set up the apps during set up, after you have connected it to the internet. So you may need to ensure the TV is set up to your UK VPN router before you start the set up, so it can download the UK apps during set up. If you do not and just connect it to the internet in Spain, it will download the spanish apps.
Old Aug 28th 2019, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

SportyPorty will become famous soon enoughSportyPorty will become famous soon enough

Yeah, some interesting replies, thank you. I did think that maybe local apps were installed during setup, they are 'Smart Tv's after all. I will do some Googling and see if some manufacturers are easier to configure than others. When I get home I may experiment with the Tv's there, changing the initial setup over a foreign VPN. I still haven't ruled out buying one in the UK and bringing it with me next time though, they seem comparatively very expensive on Mallorca.
Old Aug 28th 2019, 9:02 am
Banned

thegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond repute

LG are simple to change back and forth even after initial set up.
Old Aug 28th 2019, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thegolfer
LG are simple to change back and forth even after initial set up.

I agree. I have an LG and a mix of apps (Spanish & English). I also have a fire stick.
Old Aug 28th 2019, 12:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Looked into this for a friend not long ago and was advised that most manufacturers of TVs don't use android on their Smart TVs they use a different operating system? It was easier to simply go down the android box route connected to a TV then easy. Enough to add apps.
Old Aug 28th 2019, 12:51 pm
Banned

thegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond repute

If you just want the U.K TV apps as the original poster said then you cannot get any simpler that just setting the App Store location to the U.K on an LG Smart TV. The full range are already installed and lots more you can download if you wish from the LG App store. Obviously a DNS or VPN are required to actually stream them as with an android box or firestick.
Old Aug 29th 2019, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

Thank you all for your suggestions, I was really looking to simplify things, that's why a smart TV seemed a good option. I already have computers and Freesat boxes etc, but it's not straightforward to switch on and view. My wife hasn't a clue how to work all of these things, but the Smart Tv would be simplest I think. We only need the main 4 iPlayers, and maybe YouTube. I will look at other manufacturers, but LG certainly looks to do what I want. cheers.

Last edited by SportyPorty; Aug 29th 2019 at 10:10 am.
Old Aug 29th 2019, 10:27 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

If you are happy with your current TV, apart from it not being Smart, my earlier suggestion to get an Amazon Fire Stick would save some money. I prefer to use mine for catchup compared to the Smart TV as it is faster and easier to use as it can be voice controlled.
Old Aug 29th 2019, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Fred James
If you are happy with your current TV, apart from it not being Smart, my earlier suggestion to get an Amazon Fire Stick would save some money. I prefer to use mine for catchup compared to the Smart TV as it is faster and easier to use as it can be voice controlled.
Thanks Fred, some good points (especially cost!) But I need to get a bigger TV anyway, this just kills two birds with one stone.
Old Aug 31st 2019, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

Keithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.docsquiffy.com/ this guy has lots of useful info....
Old Aug 31st 2019, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

Keithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.livenettv.sc/
Great for live sports!
Old Aug 31st 2019, 6:16 pm

​​​​Those two links are just for the usual illegal IPTV streams which you usually have to pay for and put up with really bad picture quality.

The OP wants a simple solution for his new 4K TV and this sort of solution is certainly not as easy to use as the apps on a Smart tv.

Neither does he want all the sport channels. Before suggesting solutions it’s always a good idea to read the original posts to see what the poster actually requires which is a simple solution to receive the main UK PSB channels.

Last edited by Fred James; Aug 31st 2019 at 6:19 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.