Reload this Page >

Where to live while just arriving

Where to live while just arriving

Old Mar 14th 2007, 1:22 am
Forum Regular

pwblackbelt is on a distinguished road
Default Where to live while just arriving

Hi,
I dont want to buy any property, I need to rent a place while I establish my business.
Where do you get mid to long term rentals?
Thanks
Old Mar 14th 2007, 8:16 am
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to live while just arriving

Originally Posted by pwblackbelt
Hi,
I dont want to buy any property, I need to rent a place while I establish my business.
Thanks
Errr, all over Spain! Narrow it down for us a bit. What do you want?
Old Mar 14th 2007, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Thanks
Hi,
Try www.kyero.com it has lots of places to rent.
Old Mar 14th 2007, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Miss Naughty
Hi,
Try www.kyero.com it has lots of places to rent.
Thanks for the info
The Costa Del Sol is where I want to go
Old Mar 14th 2007, 11:12 am
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute

pwblackbelt im in exactly the same position as you.
Want to go to the costa del sol but dont know where to live first and not buying a property yet.

So heres my plan, Go on those property sites and have a look around, when you have a firm date of going, then contact them say youre arriving such and such date and get some contacts as such.

Book 2 - 3 nights in hotel on arrival, then go visit the properties, when you like one say yes ill take it if i can move in instantly and hopefully you can and there you go

When are you looking at moving? Im at the end of april, perhaps we could help each other out.
Old Mar 14th 2007, 12:29 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look here
Old Mar 18th 2007, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by onlineamiga
pwblackbelt im in exactly the same position as you.
Want to go to the costa del sol but dont know where to live first and not buying a property yet.

So heres my plan, Go on those property sites and have a look around, when you have a firm date of going, then contact them say youre arriving such and such date and get some contacts as such.

Book 2 - 3 nights in hotel on arrival, then go visit the properties, when you like one say yes ill take it if i can move in instantly and hopefully you can and there you go

When are you looking at moving? Im at the end of april, perhaps we could help each other out.
Hi We are looking to hopefully move over in September. I just need to tie up loose ends business wise and hopefully go for it then. I have been looking at properties all over the costa del sol and have seen some lovely ones around Elviera.
Where abouts are you going to try and go?
Old Mar 18th 2007, 5:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

There are quite a few properties around Eliveria, just been there to the beach and there are signs all over with Aquiller on, so you can go direct to the owners. It is a nice area around there also.

If you can go direct to the owners I would. Be careful of adverts in the English sur as I got burnt a few times renting, when I first came here. One of themA woman advertised on behalf of a tenant there and made out she represented the owner. She charged me a months commission before I was taken to what I thought was her office and met the landlord and found she didn't represent them. She was a born again Christian and made out she was a lovely person, she wasn't and eventually I got my money back. Another Brit woman wouldn't give me a deposit back even though I rang and texted her later that day to say I changed my mind. I also got my money off her eventually after threatening her with the law. There are people who prey on your naivety, trust and the fact you have just landed. So be careful. With landlords you should only have to pay a couple of months rent, one month upfront and one month bond. The electricity etc where often in their names and I paid that separately. They will also give you 6 months or 11 months contract, never 12.

Just be wary of the expats on the CDS, I've been ripped off more by them than I have by the Spanish. A point that came to mind today when my lovely Spanish neighbour has gone and got plans drawn up for me and been down to the Town Hall on my behalf without me asking to get a building licence done. Especially as I've been away for a couple of weeks and he has gone and done it for me. Brilliant neighbour. I was really chuffed when he showed me what he had done, more than the British Builder who told me I may need a licence and did bugger all to help me .
Old Mar 19th 2007, 9:46 am
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute

Mercedes, thank you ever so much for the heads up there about the british expats ripping you off! Youd think we'd look after ourselves wouldnt you? Ah wel thats british people for you. If i dislike the british in the costa del sol then im seeing it as a stepping stone into real spain

I will have a look round elivera. Sounds good!
Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

Mercedes, thank you ever so much for the heads up there about the british expats ripping you off! Youd think we'd look after ourselves wouldnt you? Ah wel thats british people for you. If i dislike the british in the costa del sol then im seeing it as a stepping stone into real spain

Hi, thanks for that info. I used to live in Spain (La Linea) and it was always the British that tried to rip you off.I really like the look and sound of Elviria so I will be looking there before anywhere else.
Does anyone know of any hotels or B&Bs that you can stay in when you get there that is clean but reasonably priced.
Old Mar 19th 2007, 11:19 am
In Estepona

Yes that is the question i would definately like to ask.

Is it safe to say book a hotel for 3 - 5 nights on arrival then go looking for a place to live when youre there, or is it best to get somewhere sorted before you go? Can i find a place in the costa del sol and say yup i want it and move right in? or is there usually loads of paperwork that drags out the process.

Also will the companies be wanting bank details? I feel in a mix, I cant open a bank account without an address, but will the property agents / landlord require bank details for me to move in? Would i just be able to supply UK bank account details.

Help is much appreciated!!
Old Mar 19th 2007, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

sunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the rough

Yes that is the question i would definately like to ask.

Is it safe to say book a hotel for 3 - 5 nights on arrival then go looking for a place to live when youre there, or is it best to get somewhere sorted before you go? Can i find a place in the costa del sol and say yup i want it and move right in? or is there usually loads of paperwork that drags out the process.

Also will the companies be wanting bank details? I feel in a mix, I cant open a bank account without an address, but will the property agents / landlord require bank details for me to move in? Would i just be able to supply UK bank account details.

Help is much appreciated!!
There is so much to consider when moving over, it may not be as simple as 'book a hotel for 3 days and shop around for a permanent place to live. It depends on each individuals circumstance.

If you are coming alone, pretty free and easy, not restricted to a budget and not too fussy about type of accommodation then this should not be a problem.

If however, you are coming with family, you may have other considerations eg:- Schools, have a particular type of property in mind (ie need pool, garden), pets, transport, budget etc you may wish to plan ahead.

September is still pretty high season and could be a difficult time to just turn up unplanned.

Moving from property to property is a great way to lose a lot of money in deposits etc.

Once you have found a suitable, vacant property it is straight forward and you should be able to move in pretty quickly. Payments will depend again on the landlord/agent. Normally you should be able to move in once the deposits and first monthly rent is paid. Further monthly payments are often accepted in cash.

Good luck
Old Mar 19th 2007, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sunnysenorita
There is so much to consider when moving over, it may not be as simple as 'book a hotel for 3 days and shop around for a permanent place to live. It depends on each individuals circumstance.

If you are coming alone, pretty free and easy, not restricted to a budget and not too fussy about type of accommodation then this should not be a problem.

If however, you are coming with family, you may have other considerations eg:- Schools, have a particular type of property in mind (ie need pool, garden), pets, transport, budget etc you may wish to plan ahead.

September is still pretty high season and could be a difficult time to just turn up unplanned.

Moving from property to property is a great way to lose a lot of money in deposits etc.

Once you have found a suitable, vacant property it is straight forward and you should be able to move in pretty quickly. Payments will depend again on the landlord/agent. Normally you should be able to move in once the deposits and first monthly rent is paid. Further monthly payments are often accepted in cash.

Good luck
There will only be the two of us arriving (hopefully in September.) So no worries about kids etc. I would be looking to get into a property for at least 6 months so I wouldn't be putting down too many deposits.
So September is still busy with tourists?
Old Mar 19th 2007, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

It's not the cheapest of places, but it is a nice area. I often eat there at some of the beach restaurants and the only beach area I go to. Quiet there also and easy to park. Lot of Germans also go there, but found them to be friendly on the whole. One of the better areas down here, but not cheap either.

There are some good Brits down here, but it's like finding rare diamonds, you have to go through a hellva lot of rubbish before you find them.

Old Mar 19th 2007, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

I arrived in September a few years back and it was busy, but the contact I had here sorted me out. But you may be able to get some good deals on line before you arrive. A friend of mine works for a travel company and I was able to get 5 people at xmas on £20 ppn on a bbd and all you can drink and eat for a few days. But they would have got it for £35 a night.

At the moment there is alot of property for rent with owners telephone numbers on the cards in the windows. It might be a good idea to pop down for a long weekend and take a few, in that way one of them may be coming up vacant when you're looking and you're dealing with the owners direct, They will soon call you when they are vacant, as looking at some of them, they have been for a few months now so they would jump at the chance, also you may have some negotiation power with them also, if you rent especially over the winter months.

There will only be the two of us arriving (hopefully in September.) So no worries about kids etc. I would be looking to get into a property for at least 6 months so I wouldn't be putting down too many deposits.
So September is still busy with tourists?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.