British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Where to live Costa Blanca (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/where-live-costa-blanca-649904/)

BigD Jan 18th 2010 11:34 am

Where to live Costa Blanca

Any points of view on the best place to live in Costa Blanca.
We already live in Javea Port, which is considered one of the best places to live .
Just wondered if there is another up and coming area to move to ?
Any thoughts and advise appreciated.
Regards :confused:

lynnxa Jan 18th 2010 12:06 pm

Re: Where to live Costa Blanca

Originally Posted by BigD (Post 8258915)
We already live in Javea Port, which is considered one of the best places to live .

me too

we occasionally wish for somewhere a bit more Spanish

I reckon if we wait long enough we'll get what we want now without moving;)

Mitzyboy Jan 18th 2010 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by BigD (Post 8258915)

Errr ... what do you mean by "the best place to live" :confused::)

jdr Jan 18th 2010 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by lynnxa (Post 8259008)
me too

we occasionally wish for somewhere a bit more Spanish

I reckon if we wait long enough we'll get what we want now without moving;)

It`s funny you say that, a place in our block has just been rented to Spanish, another one sold to Spanish, and lots of Spanish looking at another one for sale.
Now out of 14 apartments we have two with Brits, three with Spanish residents and the rest used only in July and Aug, we ain`t used to such noise. :rofl:

lynnxa Jan 18th 2010 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 8259531)
It`s funny you say that, a place in our block has just been rented to Spanish, another one sold to Spanish, and lots of Spanish looking at another one for sale.
Now out of 14 apartments we have two with Brits, three with Spanish residents and the rest used only in July and Aug, we ain`t used to such noise. :rofl:

in our block of 16 there are 5 lots of Brits - 2 of which are holiday homes

the rest are all Spanish holiday homes, so July & August are pretty noisy, but it's almost like we're the only ones here otherwise

HBG Jan 18th 2010 7:28 pm

A few years ago I moved into an apartment block in Calpe, the newest Apolo block at that time. It was in the winter, and the giant block was deserted. One night I thought I heard voices during the night and was quite surprised that anyone else was living there. The voices were distant and sounded like a man and woman shouting at each other.

I was on the second floor and never used the lift, mainly because no one else was living there. When I went out the next morning I heard the voices again, on the ground floor, coming from the second lift. I managed to force the door open and found an elderly Belgian couple who had been trapped in the lift overnight. I helped them pack.

Madridboy Jan 18th 2010 8:43 pm

Talking of Calpe (slightly off topic) I was there a couple of years ago and they were giving away a Ferrari (can't remember the model) in a raffle for all the people that bought an appartment in the building............I'd imagine the outcome whatever it was would have been rigged.