Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

where to live in alicante area

where to live in alicante area

Old May 24th 2007, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs P is just really niceMrs P is just really niceMrs P is just really niceMrs P is just really niceMrs P is just really niceMrs P is just really niceMrs P is just really niceMrs P is just really niceMrs P is just really nice
Default Re: where to live in alicante area

Like you say, each to their own but the original post did mention spanish villages

btw MY hubby comes from Surrey and isn't at all snooty
Old May 24th 2007, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

Sugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of light

Well we live in Blackpool at the moment and have been here for 26 years and I would,nt compare it to Benidorm at all,
Benidorm's town and beaches are a lot cleaner for a start and there are probably not as many druggies and shoplifters.
Benidorm is one of our favourite places but I would,nt want live there bit too hectic but nice if you fancy a good night out or a weekend away from the quietness and Hondon Frailes is only 45 mins away so you get the best of both worlds.
Old May 24th 2007, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs P is just really niceMrs P is just really niceMrs P is just really niceMrs P is just really niceMrs P is just really niceMrs P is just really niceMrs P is just really niceMrs P is just really niceMrs P is just really nice

I am not denying the beach at Benidorm is great
It's just too British for me, but my mum lives in Polop and loves Benidorm
Old May 24th 2007, 12:21 pm
Drunken Monkey

Fuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarlugs
Well we live in Blackpool at the moment and have been here for 26 years and I would,nt compare it to Benidorm at all,
Benidorm's town and beaches are a lot cleaner for a start and there are probably not as many druggies and shoplifters.
Benidorm is one of our favourite places but I would,nt want live there bit too hectic but nice if you fancy a good night out or a weekend away from the quietness and Hondon Frailes is only 45 mins away so you get the best of both worlds.
THats where I come from and benidorm beach is a million times better.
Old May 24th 2007, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

Sugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of light

Totally agree with you Fuzzlepop can wait to go just waiting for our house to complete and we're out of this hell hole
Old May 29th 2007, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

timsimms is an unknown quantity at this point

try Biar... its probably one of the best preserved medieval villages in the province with a 12C castle and 15C church, and is on the edge of a natural reserve, loads of people go up there for cycling, walking etc.
Its about 50km from Alicante but is motorway to within 5km of the village so only takes 30mins to Alicante (via castalla), alternatively there is a train link to Alicante from Villena (about 5km away) which a number of people use to commute.

www.biar.es
www.biarrural.com
Old May 30th 2007, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarlugs
there are probably not as many druggies

not sure about that - apparently Spain has the highest number of cocaine addicts in Europe - so I read last week
Old May 30th 2007, 8:24 am
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by spain
not sure about that - apparently Spain has the highest number of cocaine addicts in Europe - so I read last week
That would be why they are all so laid back!
Old May 30th 2007, 11:48 am
Just Joined

butsudan is an unknown quantity at this point

thats why they are all laid back,i really like that
Old May 30th 2007, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

searcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nice
Smile Re: where to live in alicante area

We moved 10 years ago with kids then 3 & 5. They started in the spanish system but my son had problems so we moved to a "british" school and have been happy (but poorer!) about it. Which school in Alicante are you thinking of??
If its the european it is on the ouskirts of north Alicante , it has a schoolbus that runs down the coast towns. We choses Alfaz del Pi (15 mins nw of Benidorm) Because we fell in love with Altea. You need to consider where the kids friends from school will be living, otherwise you will be driving up and down mountain roads all weekend! We hardly ever go into benidorm (except for my girls night outs!) But there are plenty of things for the kids to DO in the area. they are now 12 and 15 and go to la Marina shopping center, aqualandia water park, Terramitica theme park, bowling, theatre classes, rock climbing, horse riding etc etc we sometimes go to the beach but they are bored with it now, so we have a canoe and use that. We live on an old urbanization with big plots, we have beautiful open views of the sierra bernia mountains, very quiet etc but are 4 mins drive from the British school. Perfect!!