Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Where the hell am I going on holiday this year?

Where the hell am I going on holiday this year?

Old Apr 10th 2007, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

janet57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where the hell am I going on holiday this year?

Peniscola is lovely.the castle there was used in the film el cid [for those who remember that far back] its a really nice coastal town .
Old Apr 10th 2007, 6:03 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janet57
Peniscola is lovely.the castle there was used in the film el cid [for those who remember that far back] its a really nice coastal town .
Ah, now I've seen pictures of the area and the wife quite fancies going there. Isn't that Dali country also?
Old Apr 11th 2007, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

whats dali ? sorry if I sound thick.we have bought some land in place called xert about 20 minuites inland.awaiting building licence.because my partner has haulage buisness we we combine buisness with going to the land. we go to penscola regular its totally unspoilt and the beach is lovely.There are some wonderful villages if you go inland especially a place called morara[if i have spelt it right] There is a really nice caravan site near peniscola with wooden houses for rent.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 8:55 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janet57
whats dali ? sorry if I sound thick.we have bought some land in place called xert about 20 minuites inland.awaiting building licence.because my partner has haulage buisness we we combine buisness with going to the land. we go to penscola regular its totally unspoilt and the beach is lovely.There are some wonderful villages if you go inland especially a place called morara[if i have spelt it right] There is a really nice caravan site near peniscola with wooden houses for rent.
Salvadore Dali ...... one of my favourite artists ... lived in that area and I think had a home in peniscola which is open to the public
Went to the Dali gallery in Florida and it was stunning, St Petersburg iirc
Old Apr 11th 2007, 11:20 am
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Salvadore Dali ...... one of my favourite artists ... lived in that area and I think had a home in peniscola which is open to the public
Went to the Dali gallery in Florida and it was stunning, St Petersburg iirc
Then you would like the permanent Dali exhibition in Barcelona! An absolutely talented madman

Thought it was fab when we visited!

Combine that with the Familia Sagrada church (Gaudi) and it is sure bliss!

I could quite happily live in Barcelona if finances permitted.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 11:25 am
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by MnM
! An absolutely talented madman
Thats the beauty of it though .... he was an absolute loony!!!

Barcelona is on our list for the summer
Old Apr 11th 2007, 11:43 am
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Thats the beauty of it though .... he was an absolute loony!!!

Barcelona is on our list for the summer
I agree

I think he's one of the Masters!

You will love Barcelona, but try not to go during July/August. Hotels are very expensive and it is extremely busy and very hot.

Their underground train system is brilliant too. We parked the car in the hotel parking and went everywhere by train or walked.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

helenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant future

Thoughts turning to summer holidays, and of course last year we holidayed in Spain several times. Now I'm here in Spain, where do I go ..... it certainly won't need to be a holiday looking for hot weather which is the usual stipulation.

Where do you lot go? My solicitor says she always goes somewhere cold!!

I would explore Spain perhaps stay in a 5 star hotel on the coast or there is even UK, I hope to come back for holidays to Lake District/Yorkshire or Northwest where I'm from. Mind you its the cost of the UK though it is expensive to holiday here.

Helen
Old Apr 11th 2007, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh that dali.why is it all the loonies were good artists I consider myself a bit looney ........well blonde and a bit skitty but I cant paint to save my life.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh that dali.why is it all the loonies were good artists I consider myself a bit looney ........well blonde and a bit skitty but I cant paint to save my life.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 4:45 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Thoughts turning to summer holidays, and of course last year we holidayed in Spain several times. Now I'm here in Spain, where do I go ..... it certainly won't need to be a holiday looking for hot weather which is the usual stipulation.

Where do you lot go? My solicitor says she always goes somewhere cold!!
How about the UK?
Old Apr 11th 2007, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

uk??????????????????????????? remember to add a few days on your holiday for the time you will spend on the m1 m25 and all the rest of our congested roads.when we are abroad in the truck we never hit traffic likes ours.as soon as we get off the boat in dover its hell.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 5:08 pm
me eds a shed

COWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond repute

Give over .... I've been to skegness, are you completely mad
YES
Old Apr 11th 2007, 5:26 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by mikelincs
How about the UK?

Janets right .... every time I go back there I get stuck in endless traffic jams and get increasingly frustrated. Theres still a lot of the UK I want to see, but its just such a pain getting around it!
Old Apr 11th 2007, 10:26 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
if I find out where my noisy neighbours from the UK live.....will you go there, play really loud music, get pissed & yell at them.........please?
good one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.