Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Where the hell am I going on holiday this year?

Where the hell am I going on holiday this year?

Old Apr 9th 2007, 7:22 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where the hell am I going on holiday this year?

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Im with matt on this one. maroc is a loverly place i got a ferry across to tangier and then cycled to Tétouan and then up the mountain though Oujda into Algeria turned around and loved the fact it was down hill on the way back pretty much. the mint téa is wonderful never managed to replicate it. And if your a people watcher the hussle and bussle is a joy to watch. coordinated Kaos. But FUN.
WOW .... you cycled .... how brave is that!!!
Old Apr 9th 2007, 8:39 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Thoughts turning to summer holidays, and of course last year we holidayed in Spain several times. Now I'm here in Spain, where do I go ..... it certainly won't need to be a holiday looking for hot weather which is the usual stipulation.

Where do you lot go? My solicitor says she always goes somewhere cold!!
A Good question Mitzy hmmmmmm obviously after so many months of heat beaches and stuff the normal holiday isnt a holiday..

I reckon a complete change would be a cruise around Iceland , i watched a holiday program and it looks pretty cool if you pardon the pun .. cruise around and see all the Galciers etc..

Apart from that a shopping trip to Turkey

Or back to Uk for the greenery

Or USA ...
Old Apr 9th 2007, 9:48 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

WOW .... you cycled .... how brave is that!!!
I wouldnt call it brave a challenge yes. one thing i will say watch out for what people are trying to sell. There are some pretty amazing people there.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 9:56 pm
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Come to Norway, you'd be surprised how warm the summer is

WV
Old Apr 9th 2007, 11:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Somewhere nice and warm, but not too hot in the summer?
Try Sweden. A very Beautiful country with great friendly people, and not as expensive as you may think.

You can always take the boat to Norway for the cheap booze & ciggy's

Last edited by big wheels; Apr 9th 2007 at 11:18 pm.
Old Apr 10th 2007, 8:38 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by big wheels
Try Sweden. A very Beautiful country with great friendly people, and not as expensive as you may think.

No my friend, you take the boat to Sweeden for the cheap stuff, it's more expensive here....and much more beautiful
Old Apr 10th 2007, 8:40 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Have you ever bought a drink in Norway I spent a week in Bergen some years ago and 6 small bottles of beer in a local bar cost us £24. A meal for 4 with drinks cost £350+ in the local hotel.
Old Apr 10th 2007, 8:53 am
live free or die

Have you ever bought a drink in Norway I spent a week in Bergen some years ago and 6 small bottles of beer in a local bar cost us £24. A meal for 4 with drinks cost £350+ in the local hotel.
Bergen is really expensive now...even for norway, I worked there for 6 months recently, and I bought 2 pints of the local shiite for just under 15 quid!!!

But it's not the culture that us brits have where everything is based around drink or the pub, (my town doesn't even have one!!) but when they do drink, look out!

This Easter we went to the OH parents, and in that area they have something called the creep and drink..basically there's an ad in the paper a few days before which tells you where to meet up, there were about 400 people in the end, loaded up with backpacks full of booze, we walked eventually we ended up down the beach, with massive sound system and bbq, it was great fun, although it started at 10am and we were blotto by about 6...and then did it again on saturday!!!!

oooo can't wait to get my visa!!!
Old Apr 10th 2007, 9:41 am
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by welshviking
But it's not the culture that us brits have where everything is based around drink or the pub, (my town doesn't even have one!!) but when they do drink, look out!
Tall Ships, 1995, Amsterdam. We had a 40' cruiser which was moored up in the main basin to watch the massive firework display. Three Brits, Four Dutch and four Norwegians. I have never ever seen so much acohol consumed by so few Norwegians in a 24 hour period. They drank as if the world was about to end from breakfast till bed time.

Never ever attempt to drink a Norwegian under the table
Old Apr 10th 2007, 3:12 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

No my friend, you take the boat to Sweeden for the cheap stuff, it's more expensive here....and much more beautiful
I was thinking the same thing *lol*

My brother and sister-in-law live in Oslo and they're always telling my mother that they're off to Sweden for cheap booze and ciggies

Last edited by MnM; Apr 10th 2007 at 3:19 pm.
Old Apr 10th 2007, 3:16 pm
MnM

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Never ever attempt to drink a Norwegian under the table
Never attempt to drink a Greek under the table either!

It's one of the first things Michael found out.....and we usually are able to outdrink the Norwegians too *lol* Don't know what that really says about us, but it's a social thing
Old Apr 10th 2007, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

What's the place my Swedish friend is always visiting for his cheap booze & ciggies? he gets the boat to somewhere in between Sweden & Norway which seems to be some sort of duty free haven.
Old Apr 10th 2007, 3:17 pm
Senior Moment

What's the place my Swedish friend is always visiting for his cheap booze & ciggies? he gets the boat to somewhere in between Sweden & Norway which seems to be some sort of duty free haven.
There aint much between Sweden & Norway mate, other than the border Used to be the same country once upon a time
Old Apr 10th 2007, 3:18 pm
MnM

Bergen is really expensive now...even for norway, I worked there for 6 months recently, and I bought 2 pints of the local shiite for just under 15 quid!!!

This Easter we went to the OH parents, and in that area they have something called the creep and drink..basically there's an ad in the paper a few days before which tells you where to meet up, there were about 400 people in the end, loaded up with backpacks full of booze, we walked eventually we ended up down the beach, with massive sound system and bbq, it was great fun, although it started at 10am and we were blotto by about 6...and then did it again on saturday!!!!

oooo can't wait to get my visa!!!
Something that I thought was really funny about Norwegians is that when you invite them over your house for drinks, they bring a bottle and if it is not finished when they leave, they take it back with them!

My sister-in-law is Norwegian

She says it is very standard in Norway!
Old Apr 10th 2007, 3:55 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Thoughts turning to summer holidays, and of course last year we holidayed in Spain several times. Now I'm here in Spain, where do I go ..... it certainly won't need to be a holiday looking for hot weather which is the usual stipulation.

Where do you lot go? My solicitor says she always goes somewhere cold!!
if I find out where my noisy neighbours from the UK live.....will you go there, play really loud music, get pissed & yell at them.........please?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.