British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Where the hell am I going on holiday this year? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/where-hell-am-i-going-holiday-year-440907/)

Mitzyboy Apr 9th 2007 3:46 pm

Where the hell am I going on holiday this year?

Thoughts turning to summer holidays, and of course last year we holidayed in Spain several times. Now I'm here in Spain, where do I go ..... it certainly won't need to be a holiday looking for hot weather which is the usual stipulation.

Where do you lot go? My solicitor says she always goes somewhere cold!!

Rosemary Apr 9th 2007 3:51 pm

Re: Where the hell am I going on holiday this year?

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 4618128)
Thoughts turning to summer holidays, and of course last year we holidayed in Spain several times. Now I'm here in Spain, where do I go ..... it certainly won't need to be a holiday looking for hot weather which is the usual stipulation.

We have been saying the same thing and decided that we will probably visit other areas in Spain so that we get a complete picture of the country but are very open to ides.

OH says to ask whether you have thought of Benidorm!!! Yes you are correct he is loco and needs locking up regularly.

Rosemary

Mitzyboy Apr 9th 2007 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by The Oddities (Post 4618136)
OH says to ask whether you have thought of Benidorm!!! Yes you are correct he is loco and needs locking up regularly.
Rosemary

:eek:

Seriously, Benidorm is a very nice place to visit out of season, but I wouldn't like to stay there for more than a day trip OR go there in the UK holiday period.

Rosemary Apr 9th 2007 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 4618154)

Seriously, Benidorm is a very nice place to visit out of season, but I wouldn't like to stay there for more than a day trip OR go there in the UK holiday period.

Agree with you totally. Their Moors and Christians parades are brilliant too.

Rosemary

mikelincs Apr 9th 2007 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 4618154)

went to Benidorm 2005 in December for a coach day trip, was decent weather and we sat on the front after going round the local market. ceertainly not somewhere for a summer holiday though.

ironporer Apr 9th 2007 4:22 pm

If wanting to stay reasonably close (ie in Spain) what about a summer in the mountains...like Ordessa of Boi Taull, Huesca, or even Asturias/PV or Galicia? any of these is definately not the typical "Costa Spain".

If I had the $$ and the time, I'd love to spend a month in a caravan, spending a week each in Lleida-Huesca, Euskadi, Asturias/Cantabria, and Galicia.

As it is, I will stay home and work, so that Mrs. IP and IP jr. can go this month...sniff, sniff.

Ray51 Apr 9th 2007 4:39 pm

Why be imprisoned in Spain ?
There are just so many places inside EU , easily accessible : Finland , Slovenia , Languedoc , Wallonie , Flanders , all of Germany , etc
Maybe : take a holiday ?

Cleri Apr 9th 2007 5:02 pm

Or Portugal???

rugbymatt Apr 9th 2007 5:05 pm

Get over to Morocco, it is a stunning place and a real culture clash.

Bigbhudda69 Apr 9th 2007 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by rugbymatt (Post 4618309)

:eek: ....I fully agree with Ruggers...oh and while you are there can you get me 3 basins, 5 hanging lanterns, 25 wall lights, 3 rugs....you get the picture....:eek:

COWBOY_BUILDER Apr 9th 2007 6:40 pm

Skegness......:thumbup:

Pam Sarky Apr 9th 2007 6:45 pm

We are trying to get back to Malaysia next January. Been there twice and love it. Definately would not do cold :eek: :eek:

Mitzyboy Apr 9th 2007 6:51 pm

I went to Ceuta and a little inland on a two day coach trip years ago and do remember it was quite fun

Originally Posted by COWBOY_BUILDER (Post 4618575)
Skegness......:thumbup:

Give over .... I've been to skegness, are you completely mad :D

onlineamiga Apr 9th 2007 7:04 pm

I actually thought about this as part of my relocation considerations to the costa del sol. And the costa del sol offer such great holiday destinations which arent too far away. First you got the skiing resorts up north, then you got the algarve and morroco. Fantastic, and malaga airport will take you anywhere in europe not too far such as italy etc. Awesome :).. or take a ferry to majorca or something hehe.

Ka Ora! Apr 9th 2007 7:13 pm

Im with matt on this one. maroc is a loverly place i got a ferry across to tangier and then cycled to Tétouan and then up the mountain though Oujda into Algeria turned around and loved the fact it was down hill on the way back pretty much. the mint téa is wonderful never managed to replicate it. And if your a people watcher the hussle and bussle is a joy to watch. coordinated Kaos. But FUN.