Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Where Did You Get Married

Where Did You Get Married

Old Mar 21st 2007, 1:58 am
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where Did You Get Married

I thought I would start this thread,as JDRs daughters wedding pics were so nice.I am sure there must be so many romantic momements to share.

I and my hubby got hitched in Gretna Green on Christmas eve 1997 we took ourselves off ,we stayed at a truck stop on the way,us both being truckers at the time,and then the next morning headed for Gretna to meet the vicar,he was so nice,we then went to the hotel,where as a big surprise hubby to be had arranged the dozen red roses,the big fourposter bed,we got hitched at 3 oclock that afternoon,we had a really nice old car to drive us to the hotel and back.We had it videod,We arranged dinner at the hotel ,but low and behold missed it because we fell asleep,so we ended up driving miles to a Indian Resturant,we had a nice meal,but on the way back to the hotel there was a right hold gail,trees falling down,it was scarie.
The next day ,Christmas day we drove home in our wedding retire,to be greeted by family and freinds,and my daughter had cooked Christmas dinner.Just a treasured moment,Lets share treasured momements
Attached Thumbnails Where Did You Get Married-picture-017.jpg  

Last edited by jdr; Mar 21st 2007 at 11:57 am.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

cajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Where Did You Get Married

We got married in a chapel on the beach in Lindos, Rhodes, and it was lovely. Very hot though, we picked one of the hottest days, i think it was about 45 degrees, i dont think there is a single photo where weare smiling coz we were so hot we just wanted to get out of the sun
Old Mar 21st 2007, 8:23 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cajam31
We got married in a chapel on the beach in Lindos, Rhodes, and it was lovely. Very hot though, we picked one of the hottest days, i think it was about 45 degrees, i dont think there is a single photo where weare smiling coz we were so hot we just wanted to get out of the sun
I adore Lindos, I would put that as one of my favourite holidays.

We had booked a last minute holiday to the Dominican Republic to go 4 weeks after booking it. We were sat in the pub on the night of booking it and just decided to make it our honeymoon. The next day I went to the registar office and booked our wedding. With us being together for 11 years we decided not to tell anyone and just go ahead and get married!!! The only people we had there were my grandma, mum(who found out about it and gate crashed lol) and my best friiend. We got married at 10.30 am and flew to the Dominican at 3pm. We phoned all our family and friends from the airport to tell them it wasnt just a holiday it was our honeymoon!!! It was just a simple wedding but it I can honestly say it was the best, most beautiful day of my life.

Sam
Old Mar 21st 2007, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by jandy44
I thought I would start this thread,as JDRs daughters wedding pics were so nice.I am sure there must be so many romantic momements to share.

I and my hubby got hitched in Gretna Green on the 23/12/97 we took ourselves off ,we stayed at a truck stop on the way,us both being truckers at the time,and then the next morning headed for Gretna to meet the vicar,he was so nice,we then went to the hotel,where as a big surprise hubby to be had arranged the dozen red roses,the big fourposter bed,we got hitched at 3 oclock that afternoon,we had a really nice old car to drive us to the hotel and back.We had it videod,We arranged dinner at the hotel ,but low and behold missed it because we fell asleep,so we ended up driving miles to a Indian Resturant,we had a nice meal,but on the way back to the hotel there was a right hold gail,trees falling down,it was scarie.
The next day ,Christmas day we drove home in our wedding retire,to be greeted by family and freinds,and my daughter had cooked Christmas dinner.Just a treasured moment,Lets share treasured momements
Have I missed something, where are the pics of Jdrs daughters wedding?

Sam
Old Mar 21st 2007, 8:45 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sam parky
Have I missed something, where are the pics of Jdrs daughters wedding?

Sam
Sorry it was where jandy and me hijacked the Dolphin stress test when I was showing her how to upload photos..... HERE I did apologize to the OP;-)
Old Mar 21st 2007, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

derek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura about

We got married in 'The Little White Wedding Chapel' in Las Vegas.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by jdr
Sorry it was where jandy and me hijacked the Dolphin stress test when I was showing her how to upload photos..... HERE I did apologize to the OP;-)
Lovely photos! Is that you in the horse and cart?

Sam
Old Mar 21st 2007, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

RubyRoo is an unknown quantity at this point

We got married in 2000, at the Turtle Bay Beach Resort in Kenya, with 23 friends and relatives, night before the wedding we went on safari and slept in a tent in the bush, was quite scary but magical too.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 10:06 am
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

I adore Lindos, I would put that as one of my favourite holidays.

We had booked a last minute holiday to the Dominican Republic to go 4 weeks after booking it. We were sat in the pub on the night of booking it and just decided to make it our honeymoon. The next day I went to the registar office and booked our wedding. With us being together for 11 years we decided not to tell anyone and just go ahead and get married!!! The only people we had there were my grandma, mum(who found out about it and gate crashed lol) and my best friiend. We got married at 10.30 am and flew to the Dominican at 3pm. We phoned all our family and friends from the airport to tell them it wasnt just a holiday it was our honeymoon!!! It was just a simple wedding but it I can honestly say it was the best, most beautiful day of my life.

Sam
Wow,brill.... We were simular,we went to Gretna Green,there was just myself and the other half,we had no one else there and had some locals to witness the event,Oh HECK I dont know how many I had last night but I got married Christmas Eve, not on the 23/12 OooooooPS ,can JDR edit,it was a day to remember,ours was simple to,and then we retuned home and enjoyed xmas.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 10:10 am
Young at heart

Originally Posted by RubyRoo
We got married in 2000, at the Turtle Bay Beach Resort in Kenya, with 23 friends and relatives, night before the wedding we went on safari and slept in a tent in the bush, was quite scary but magical too.
Brill, Iv always wanted to go on a safari ,never been to Kenya,Ill add to the list of of places to visit,have you got the pics?
Old Mar 21st 2007, 10:14 am
Young at heart

Sam
They are so nice,thats what prompted this thread,be nice to see again on here,come on JDR spill
Old Mar 21st 2007, 10:19 am
Young at heart

Originally Posted by cajam31
I love Rhodes,lucky to have visited twice,we drove to Lindos ,stopping off at various places on the way,very scenic
Old Mar 21st 2007, 10:21 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely pic jandy How romantic

We met when we were both working on a holiday camp on the Isle of Wight and married 3 + 1/2 months later. I was from Lancashire and hubby from Portsmouth and I chose to stay in Portsmouth. We married in a registrar office (which is now a pub called The Registrar) the day before my 21st birthday. Only 10 guests (friends from the camp and Kevs parents) we couldn't afford a reception but hubbys mum put a spread on in their flat and it was lovely. Halfway through the reception (it was a Friday) hubby had to dash off to collect his wages

We decided to have a camping honeymoon on the island but on the first night we got fed-up of walking and pitched tent in a field, in the morning we looked out and saw we were in a play park, we hadn't seen the swings in the dark
Attached Thumbnails Where Did You Get Married-20th-sep-1974.jpg  
Old Mar 21st 2007, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

Sam
See JDR has not replied to you, yes it is him with our daughter in the photo, it was lovely there and had a great holiday as well.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by mrsjdr
See JDR has not replied to you, yes it is him with our daughter in the photo, it was lovely there and had a great holiday as well.
What a handsome young chappy you are Jdr. Now I can picture at your computer ruling the British Expats site lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.