British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Where can I buy portable aircon units. Aspe, Elche area etc (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/where-can-i-buy-portable-aircon-units-aspe-elche-area-etc-623434/)

painterhombre Aug 2nd 2009 12:56 pm

Where can I buy portable aircon units. Aspe, Elche area etc

Hi.

Does anyone know where i can buy a portable air conditioner from?

We're moving to Aspe, near Elche in a month, looking to buy 2 units for a non aircon house.

thanks in advance.

:fingerscrossed:

spain Aug 2nd 2009 1:02 pm

Re: Where can I buy portable aircon units. Aspe, Elche area etc

is there a Milar or Bayren close by ? or even Carrefour ? even the DIY stores often sell them

Originally Posted by painterhombre (Post 7805871)
Hi.

Does anyone know where i can buy a portable air conditioner from?

We're moving to Aspe, near Elche in a month, looking to buy 2 units for a non aircon house.

thanks in advance.

:fingerscrossed:

painterhombre Aug 2nd 2009 1:04 pm

thanks. I dont know the shops you talk of apart from carrefour and i think there is one in Elche, maybe i'll try there? Ta.

spain Aug 2nd 2009 1:34 pm

http://www.paginasamarillas.es/resul...adir&site=paol

there is also master cadena

http://www.paginasamarillas.es/resul...mple&site=paol

Originally Posted by painterhombre (Post 7805889)
thanks. I dont know the shops you talk of apart from carrefour and i think there is one in Elche, maybe i'll try there? Ta.

painterhombre Aug 2nd 2009 1:38 pm

thanks, looks like it will not be a problem to get hold of one, cheers for the info. :thumbsup:

VFR Aug 2nd 2009 6:52 pm

But are you sure you want them ?
Out of one end comes cool air (as you would expect) but out of the other comes hot air (well it has to go somewhere)

No problem as you can pop the expelled air tube out of the window (yes you know where I am going)
Bought a very good one in Leroy about 5 years ago when I knew no better & as it was a good one and well designed, the tube exits the top and goes through a hole in the wall that I made etc etc etc.

My advice is to invest in proper Air Con ;)

Brian

spain Aug 2nd 2009 7:09 pm

but they are renting so may not be allowed to go making holes in the walls

Originally Posted by playamonte (Post 7806447)
But are you sure you want them ?
Out of one end comes cool air (as you would expect) but out of the other comes hot air (well it has to go somewhere)

No problem as you can pop the expelled air tube out of the window (yes you know where I am going)
Bought a very good one in Leroy about 5 years ago when I knew no better & as it was a good one and well designed, the tube exits the top and goes through a hole in the wall that I made etc etc etc.

My advice is to invest in proper Air Con ;)

Brian

VFR Aug 2nd 2009 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by spain (Post 7806487)

Did not know that, but I made a special outlet for my portable unit as the popping the tube out of an open window etc kind of defeats the idea :)

Seriously though for anyone thinking of buying one, get them to fire one up in the shop and after a few minuets feel how much heat comes out of it & then ask yourself (or the person selling it) where will this heat go ?

Brian

Hondon Rock n Roll Aug 2nd 2009 8:15 pm

Aki in Elche which is next to Carrefour, also Brico Depot which is further along that road on the outskirts of Crevillente.

painterhombre Aug 4th 2009 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by Hondon Rock n Roll (Post 7806580)
Aki in Elche which is next to Carrefour, also Brico Depot which is further along that road on the outskirts of Crevillente.

:thumbsup:

painterhombre Aug 4th 2009 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by spain (Post 7806487)

yep, youre right, we're renting to start with, cant see the owner being too happy if i knocked a hole in the wall!! :rofl:

Not sure if they all have that?

Condensing units (more expensive) are often used on those, and you have a bucket type thing underneath which you have to empty as it takes the heat out of the machine, condenses it into water, and you just empty it every day, i think there are tumble driers that also do this, plus dehumidifiers can do this too.

i think thats correct, but if i'm wrong, let me know as i often am!