British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   where to buy in Valcenia? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/where-buy-valcenia-649498/)

jonesa80 Jan 16th 2010 4:36 am

where to buy in Valencia?

I wrote the other day on here about where to buy in Alicante? I've had some excellent feedback so thank you so very much and keep adding your ideas.

I am now considering to expand my internet research to Valencia. And now wanting your suggestions about Valencia please.

We are a newly married couple. I'm British and my wife is Slovakian and used to work in Majorca which we love (apart from Magalluf) but house prices there are reasonably high and not many houses/villa available in our price range.

So I am not basing my inital internet search on mainland Spain.
We have approx 200,000euros to spend on ideally a 3bed villa (if its possible), we want to be in a town (as my wife doesnt drive), within walking distance of the bed, within 1.5hr of an airport which is connected with flights to London (as I will still need to work in the uk) and also close to school for the future family.

We want to avoid places like Benidorm but an expat community would be good for me to settle in although the wife speak some Spanish.
Javea and Denia to the south of Valencia were highly recommended although they dont seem to be very well connected by public transport.

We are hoping to come out in May if not before to start having a look around for ourselves. But if we could try narrow the search down it would be very helpful.

All suggestions and recommendations are very much appreicated.

Thank you

Andy

lynnxa Jan 16th 2010 4:54 am

Re: where to buy in Valencia?

Originally Posted by jonesa80 (Post 8253223)
I wrote the other day on here about where to buy in Alicante? I've had some excellent feedback so thank you so very much and keep adding your ideas.

I am now considering to expand my internet research to Valencia. And now wanting your suggestions about Valencia please.

We are a newly married couple. I'm British and my wife is Slovakian and used to work in Majorca which we love (apart from Magalluf) but house prices there are reasonably high and not many houses/villa available in our price range.

So I am not basing my inital internet search on mainland Spain.
We have approx 200,000euros to spend on ideally a 3bed villa (if its possible), we want to be in a town (as my wife doesnt drive), within walking distance of the bed, within 1.5hr of an airport which is connected with flights to London (as I will still need to work in the uk) and also close to school for the future family.

We want to avoid places like Benidorm but an expat community would be good for me to settle in although the wife speak some Spanish.
Javea and Denia to the south of Valencia were highly recommended although they dont seem to be very well connected by public transport.

We are hoping to come out in May if not before to start having a look around for ourselves. But if we could try narrow the search down it would be very helpful.

All suggestions and recommendations are very much appreicated.

Thank you

Andy

we're happy with the schools here in Javea, and it's about an hour from both Alicante & Valencia

there is quite an expat community of all ages here - not as big as a couple of years ago, but some of us are staying

You're right about Javea & public transport - buses only

and you are unlikely (even now) to get a 3 bed villa for 200K, although you could get an apartment with communal pool

if you are reliant on public transport a villa would be no good in any case - not many actually in the town, they tend to be at the very least a short drive out

Denia does have a train service, but I suspect the property situation is much the same there

Denia

montgomail Jan 16th 2010 7:34 am

Re: where to buy in Valencia?

Originally Posted by lynnxa (Post 8253240)

<snip>

Denia does have a train service, but I suspect the property situation is much the same there

Denia

Although you can only go south on the train - the Alicante line stops at Denia. Plenty of buses though.

doonhamer Jan 16th 2010 2:39 pm

Re: where to buy in Valcenia?

A search on KYERO.COM property web site for---
Valencia Region [Costa Blanca] -Villa - 3 Beds[minimum]- Pool - Price Range EUROS150,000 to EUROS200,000.
Result = 180 properties

Valencia Region [Costa Valencia]- Villa - 3 Beds[minimum]- Pool - Price Range EUROS150,000 to EUROS200,000.
Result = 160 properties
LOADS OF GOOD QUALITY VILLAS FOR YOUR PRICE RANGE.
Good luck.

Mitzyboy Jan 16th 2010 2:48 pm

There is serious talk now about Gandia & Denia being linked by a rail line, but how long it will take, who knows.

Considered Gandia? Thats 50 minutes from the airport at most, 60 minutes on the train from Valencia (about €6.50 return)

jimmbo Jan 16th 2010 9:17 pm

Andy, I mentioned Gandia in your Alicante Thread.

Both Gandia & Oliva towns are separate from their beach areas, both are working towns so don't die in the winter.

You could have a look at www.practicalspain.com . Haven't used it in a while but I think he's based in Gandia.

But you do need to get over to see things first hand.

That area is approx halfway between Alicante & Valcenia Airports.

We hired taxi for a couple a days, expensive, but worth every penny. Took the coast road up to the rice paddy fields and returned the inland route, taking in most of the villages in between.

I would like to live were Mitzy lives, but she won't drive (not up that mountian)

JMOT Aug 7th 2010 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by jimmbo (Post 8254819)
Andy, I mentioned Gandia in your Alicante Thread.

Both Gandia & Oliva towns are separate from their beach areas, both are working towns so don't die in the winter.

You could have a look at www.practicalspain.com . Haven't used it in a while but I think he's based in Gandia.

But you do need to get over to see things first hand.

That area is approx halfway between Alicante & Valcenia Airports.

We hired taxi for a couple a days, expensive, but worth every penny. Took the coast road up to the rice paddy fields and returned the inland route, taking in most of the villages in between.

I would like to live were Mitzy lives, but she won't drive (not up that mountian)

Awesome! cheers for the link!! Just the area we are going!

Tom