Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Where to buy utensils in Valencia?

Where to buy utensils in Valencia?

Old Jul 3rd 2015, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

wasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud of
Default Where to buy utensils in Valencia?

I have just moved to the city of Valencia and I need to buy some basic utensils like knives and forks, plates and bowls, oven trays etc but not sure where to buy them. There is a tiny Mercadona nearby by apartment but they're all plastic utensils. Is El Corte Ingles my best bet? Although someone told me it was pricey.

Also, where can I buy stationery? I need to buy some notebooks and pens. It's really difficult when I have no idea of any of the Spanish store names.
Old Jul 3rd 2015, 4:50 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to buy utensils in Valencia?

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jul 3rd 2015, 5:01 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

In Valencia city there are quite a few good kitchenware shops but unfortunately I do not know their names or the names of the streets that they are in so cannot direct you. Do you know of any ferreterias because they sell utensils etc. Notebooks and pens can be bought in the Tiger shops, one is in the road to the left of the town hall and the other is in one of the streets that leads from the railway station to the centre.

Sorry that I cannot be more specific.

Have fun searching, Valencia is a wonderful city to wander around.

Rosemary
Old Jul 3rd 2015, 5:10 pm

The Tiger shops sell all sorts of things cheaply so if you are on a budget you may be surprised at what you can buy from them including kitchen items.

Rosemary
Old Jul 3rd 2015, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Ikea or Habitat? Carrefour as well if there is one in Valencia.
Old Jul 3rd 2015, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

Horarios y Festivos en IKEA Valencia - IKEA

Not very supportive of the local economy but any port in a storm as they say.
Old Jul 3rd 2015, 7:47 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Both Ikea and Carrefour are in Alfafar, a short distance south of the centre.
Old Jul 4th 2015, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

NadiaN has a brilliant futureNadiaN has a brilliant futureNadiaN has a brilliant futureNadiaN has a brilliant futureNadiaN has a brilliant futureNadiaN has a brilliant futureNadiaN has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Both Ikea and Carrefour are in Alfafar, a short distance south of the centre.
There is a Carrefour in the Centro Comercial El Saler, next to the Ciudad de las ciencias. You can get there by bus or by car:
Centro Comercial El Saler: Como llegar a El Saler en coche y autobús | Como ir
Centro Comercial El Saler: Como llegar a El Saler en coche y autobús | Como ir
Old Jul 4th 2015, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

NadiaN has a brilliant futureNadiaN has a brilliant futureNadiaN has a brilliant futureNadiaN has a brilliant futureNadiaN has a brilliant futureNadiaN has a brilliant futureNadiaN has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by wasss
Also, where can I buy stationery? I need to buy some notebooks and pens. It's really difficult when I have no idea of any of the Spanish store names.
I usually buy notebooks and pens from the Chinese stores. There are tons of them all over the place. Just walk around your neighbourhood and look for a store that has some potted plants and other odds and ends outside.

Actually, you could buy utensils from those stores too, but they might not last very long
Old Jul 4th 2015, 3:57 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NadiaN
I usually buy notebooks and pens from the Chinese stores. There are tons of them all over the place. Just walk around your neighbourhood and look for a store that has some potted plants and other odds and ends outside.

Actually, you could buy utensils from those stores too, but they might not last very long
These Chinese stores are not so cheap as they used to be, especially since they helped put most of the Spanish bric a brac stores out of business.

I bought a fluorescent light tube from one a couple of weeks back, took it back and got a refund as it didn't work.
Then went across the road to a Spanish ferreteria and bought one for two euros cheaper.
Old Jul 4th 2015, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
These Chinese stores are not so cheap as they used to be, especially since they helped put most of the Spanish bric a brac stores out of business.

I bought a fluorescent light tube from one a couple of weeks back, took it back and got a refund as it didn't work.
Then went across the road to a Spanish ferreteria and bought one for two euros cheaper.
I wouldn't buy anything important from them, but I think pens and notebooks should be ok