Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

What's suitable attire for the supermarket?

What's suitable attire for the supermarket?

Old Jan 28th 2010, 10:46 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default What's suitable attire for the supermarket?

Do you shop in bathing costumes? Back in the UK Tesco are cracking down on shoppers in pyjamas

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/8484116.stm
Old Jan 28th 2010, 2:43 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's suitable attire for the supermarket?

Old Jan 28th 2010, 4:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

I thought this was going to be a thread about WAGs & Chelsea yummy mummies etc...... even if I did to to Tescos in my pjs (which I never have) I'd put something over the top. Anyone ever gone in just nightwear????
Old Jan 28th 2010, 4:26 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
I thought this was going to be a thread about WAGs & Chelsea yummy mummies etc...... even if I did to to Tescos in my pjs (which I never have) I'd put something over the top. Anyone ever gone in just nightwear????
I don't wear anything to bed so would be a little chilly doing my shopping like that
Old Jan 28th 2010, 4:29 pm
Account Closed

Aussie30 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Madridboy
I don't wear anything to bed so would be a little chilly doing my shopping like that
Me too!

I felt bad enough leaving the house yesterday to go to the doctor in my Ugg Boots, leggings and cardi with no makeup and my hair not done!
Old Jan 28th 2010, 5:28 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

they make you cover up in Mercadona if you're wearing a swimsuit - they'll even lend you a t-shirt

why would anyone want to go shopping in their pjs

mind you, I did used to see a mum dropping her kids at school in pjs - on foot

(not the kids in pjs - her)
Old Jan 28th 2010, 5:46 pm
Banned

Neil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to behold

I thought I had left that disgusting habit behind in Perth.......who wants to stand next to someone in stinking sweaty love stained fart ridden pyjamas as I had to in Perth
Old Jan 28th 2010, 5:52 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aussie30
Me too!

I felt bad enough leaving the house yesterday to go to the doctor in my Ugg Boots, leggings and cardi with no makeup and my hair not done!
You went out in Ugg boots in that rain
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Neil52
I thought I had left that disgusting habit behind in Perth.......who wants to stand next to someone in stinking sweaty love stained fart ridden pyjamas as I had to in Perth
Ewwwww
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe,but if I get to hear reports of baby-doll nighties and silk negligees at my local store I could just be inclined to rearrange my shopping hours....
Old Jan 28th 2010, 5:53 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
they make you cover up in Mercadona if you're wearing a swimsuit - they'll even lend you a t-shirt

why would anyone want to go shopping in their pjs

mind you, I did used to see a mum dropping her kids at school in pjs - on foot

(not the kids in pjs - her)
You´ve been in Spain a long time. You must have seen the ladies in the supermarket wearing their dressing gowns and slippers
Old Jan 28th 2010, 5:53 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jjh
You went out in Ugg boots in that rain
It was before the rain started, I would never wear my Ugg boots in the rain, infact it was the first time they've been worn outside the house, that's how sick I was feeling!
Old Jan 28th 2010, 6:01 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

yet another good reason not to move to aussieland
Old Jan 28th 2010, 6:03 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by jjh
You´ve been in Spain a long time. You must have seen the ladies in the supermarket wearing their dressing gowns and slippers
you're making me think now..................

oh god yeah, I remember now - the grannies in masymas at 9.15 am to get their bread for brekky

haven't seen it for ages though - but then I don't go shopping that early anymore

what about the knickers hanging out of the ground floor window to dry in the backstreets - just a bit of washing line tied on the rejas - with tatty grey knickers pegged on

I suppose they wouldn't get nicked though...........

Last edited by lynnxa; Jan 28th 2010 at 6:05 pm.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 6:07 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by lynnxa
yet another good reason not to move to aussieland
Watch it! We're not all like that in Australia, although we do tend to walk around barefoot a lot in Summer!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.