Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

What's the 'job' situation like in Marbella?

What's the 'job' situation like in Marbella?

Old May 3rd 2011, 9:16 pm
Banned

b0x3s is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What's the 'job' situation like in Marbella?

I'm moving to Marbella in July for a 12 week Spanish course to obviously learn Espanol.

Anyway while I'm there I'd like to work, bars, cafes etc, you know the usual summer job stuff. What's it like there atm? Is there much to offer? It doesn't even have to be Marbella, the surrounding towns and tourist areas too.

Thanks.
Old May 3rd 2011, 10:09 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's the 'job' situation like in Marbella?

Originally Posted by b0x3s
I'm moving to Marbella in July for a 12 week Spanish course to obviously learn Espanol.

Anyway while I'm there I'd like to work, bars, cafes etc, you know the usual summer job stuff. What's it like there atm? Is there much to offer? It doesn't even have to be Marbella, the surrounding towns and tourist areas too.

Thanks.
Welcome to the forum, I live further north so I cannot comment about that area but hopefully when you arrive the holiday season will be in full swing and that type of work may have picked up.
Good luck.

Graham.
Old May 4th 2011, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

pj-marbella is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I live in Marbella and to be honest the work situation is not great. People that had high flying real estate jobs are now working the bars for income.

This area relied heavily on the property market and the crash has left us feeling the pinch.

That is not to say you might be lucky but I wanted to paint a real picture for you.
Old May 4th 2011, 8:49 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

There are telesales jobs around along the coast near Marbella, but they're hard work, mostly commission only (especially if you dont have the correct paperwork residencia/NIE, social security number) and if you dont hit the targets, you dont get paid. But that maybe something you could do???????

Heres a sample of this weeks jobs in the area http://www.myservicesdirectory.com/C...ations-vacant/

Jo xxx