Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

What's the best prezzie

What's the best prezzie

Old Feb 9th 2011, 10:38 am

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default What's the best prezzie

To buy for a Spanish old lady (my neighbor) as a thank you for looking after my home whilst I have been away, any ideas ?
Old Feb 9th 2011, 10:47 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's the best prezzie

An orchid. I wanted to thank one of my neighbours for recommending a painter to me and bought her an orchid and she was thrilled. Another neighbour had her 90th birthday so I bought her one to and was told that it is a very special flower to give.

rosemary
Old Feb 9th 2011, 11:01 am

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
An orchid. I wanted to thank one of my neighbours for recommending a painter to me and bought her an orchid and she was thrilled. Another neighbour had her 90th birthday so I bought her one to and was told that it is a very special flower to give.

rosemary
Thank you.

I find it difficult because she seems to have everything and she gives me so much even gave me a set of lovely warm sheets for winter, new and unopened, when they buy veg from the veg market there is always a huge bag for me, she always tidies up outside and does my front too and even touches up the white paint when she does hers. She is a fabulous neighbor.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 12:14 pm
JnK
BE Enthusiast

JnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by anonimouse
Thank you.

I find it difficult because she seems to have everything and she gives me so much even gave me a set of lovely warm sheets for winter, new and unopened, when they buy veg from the veg market there is always a huge bag for me, she always tidies up outside and does my front too and even touches up the white paint when she does hers. She is a fabulous neighbor.
Where do you live I'm moving next door
Old Feb 9th 2011, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by JnK
Where do you live I'm moving next door
It's top secret, sorry

How can you repay someone like that though?

Other things she has given me, all new, are throw overs for the settee, fabulous table cloths, if she sees me doing any kind of jobs she always comes in and takes over, or gets me the correct tools, she brings me pans of hot stew I could go on, she really is a star. She deserves a medal really lol. She says it's lovely to have a neighbor again.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 12:27 pm
JnK
BE Enthusiast

JnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of light

It's top secret, sorry

Other things she has given me, all new, are throw overs for the settee, fabulous table cloths, if she sees me doing any kind of jobs she always comes in and takes over, or gets me the correct tools, she brings me pans of hot stew I could go on, she really is a star. She deserves a medal really lol. She says it's lovely to have a neighbor again.
Crikey, I'd give her my kids (if I had any)

Seriously, it's really lovely to have such a neighbour. We have a chap who is always giving us stuff too. We try and give him home made stuff like marmalade, lemon curd, biscuits and the like. But your lady truly deserves more.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

busters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond repute

It's top secret, sorry

She might just think you have a scruffy house, can't cook and incompetent !!
Just joking, lucky you
Old Feb 9th 2011, 12:54 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you.

I think that the best thing about your neighbour is that she does not do it for what she can get out of you but for the sheer joy of giving, whether that is her time or items, she obviously likes having you around and shows you.

Rosemary