Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

What's the Best PAYG Mobile deal in Spain?

What's the Best PAYG Mobile deal in Spain?

Old Nov 30th 2011, 5:43 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of
Default What's the Best PAYG Mobile deal in Spain?

Looking for a good deal on Pay As You Go mobiles that I can use cheaply for calls in Spain and the odd few to UK please?

Wife is using Yoigo (spelling?) but it's turning into more expensive than a contract !!

I already have a phone but would might go for a new one if it's part of the the deal. I use SKYPE where possible which is cheap enough but not everyso reliable here.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

sonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant future
Default Re: What's the Best PAYG Mobile deal in Spain?

Originally Posted by GrapeEater
Looking for a good deal on Pay As You Go mobiles that I can use cheaply for calls in Spain and the odd few to UK please?

Wife is using Yoigo (spelling?) but it's turning into more expensive than a contract !!

I already have a phone but would might go for a new one if it's part of the the deal. I use SKYPE where possible which is cheap enough but not everyso reliable here.
HI,
It cost me a lot of money till I found there are different tariff's on PAYG,It was costing about 1euro a minute local and about the same to the UK Now local is 5 cents or so.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

Justlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sonnyc
HI,
It cost me a lot of money till I found there are different tariff's on PAYG,It was costing about 1euro a minute local and about the same to the UK Now local is 5 cents or so.
And the point is?

Please name the provider
Old Nov 30th 2011, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

sonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Justlookin
And the point is?

Please name the provider

The point being made is not everyone knows there are different tariff's on PAYG

The provider was Vodaphone.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 10:27 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Masmovil seem to have a good deal going for payg.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

Kayak is an unknown quantity at this point

Have a look at this

http://www.lycamobile.es/home/en

Seems pretty cheap to me. UK Calls from 0.0354 € iva inc.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 3:37 pm
Spanish, 40

evamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to behold

I have a contract with Pepephone (they are quite good, never mind the name!). Basically I only pay for the actual use; many months the cost is 0€ as I'm not in Spain. I got it through Halcón Viajes, you only have to visit one of their offices.

It's been a while, so I'm not really sure about it being the best deal nowadays.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

No good if you cannot get reception. I ditched Yoigo useless. I am on Vodafone and often get 10 euros regalo. However thinking of switching to a contract with Movistar to get their cheap 10mb ADSL and line rental for 45 euros a month.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

searcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nice

Look here It depends on different factors so you will have to compare! Where you live for good coverage, Some are cheaper within the network, some have minimum charge per month around €5, some cheaper overseas etc all have a conection fee for each call around 15c + iva.
Then if you want data for internet etc.
I use 4 masmovil sims in my family and we are happy with them. We have automatic topup so kids cannot run out of credit. When card gets below €5, €10 is debited from my card.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

adra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really nice

I also use masmovil.es great customer service too
Old Dec 1st 2011, 9:27 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adra04778
I also use masmovil.es great customer service too
Not when it takes then a week and half to get a SIM card to you ..... I'm still waiting now!
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

adra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really nice

I would get in touch with them, my friend ordered one last week and it arrived quickly, think the postman brought it, I would be blaming the post, well here were we are I would
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 7:49 am
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by adra04778
I would get in touch with them, my friend ordered one last week and it arrived quickly, think the postman brought it, I would be blaming the post, well here were we are I would
Its not coming by post
Its been 10 days or so.
Last night I had a call at 5.30 telling me it would be with me in 5 minutes. I'm still waiting 16 hours later!

I have almost lost hope to be honest.

I have called them about 7 times, sent three emails. They are very polite and seem to be trying to help, but the net result is nothing. I am no further forward than I was 1o days ago
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

SpanishAngel will become famous soon enoughSpanishAngel will become famous soon enough

Just seen this advert www.fones4spain.com
Old Dec 6th 2011, 8:39 am
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of

Orange recently announced price increase on Contracts for January does this affect Spain as well?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.