Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

What Are You Waiting For? Book Winter/Spring 2021/22

What Are You Waiting For? Book Winter/Spring 2021/22

Old Jan 11th 2021, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

Leper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default What Are You Waiting For? Book Winter/Spring 2021/22

OK! We're leeching our way through Brexit, Covid-19 has taken its toll, but it won't be around for too long more. Let's be honest 2020 was miserable, there's only one way to go and that's up. Have you thought of spending next winter/spring in warmer climates? Now is the time to look forward. Do your homework. Book an apartment, villa, house, in coastal Spain and shorten next winter for yourself. You'll live much cheaper, gain a terrific experience and perhaps learn a lot and will enjoy yourself more. Even after Brexit you can spend 90 days continuously in Spain. That's the bones of 3 months. You can rent a good well located 2 bedroom low rise apartment within 2 mins walk to the beach, supermarket, restaurants for around €750 per month including all utilities. You'll get cheaper if you want. You can spend the winter in shorts, make new friends, have a better quality of life. Don't wait for your spouse to start enquiries - do it yourself and become your own Shirley Valentine. You won't be disappointed. Breakfast on the terrace taking in the beautiful sunny surroundings, drinking beer at a fraction of what you normally pay, having time to yourself, reading, talking, exploring and largely enjoying yourself. Your happiness is in your own hands - Go for it!
Old Jan 11th 2021, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What Are You Waiting For? Book Winter/Spring 2021/22

It will be good if people start booking Leper , i work at Malaga Airport !!! Hahah
Old Jan 11th 2021, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

Keithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond repute

We have booked 2 weeks for June to Malaga. We will not be beaten!
Old Jan 11th 2021, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

You must be joking leper !! Back in early November I rebooked my cancelled flights to Late February 2021. Trust me, we won't be allowed to go !! Whilst I haven't had a cancellation notice of the flights yet I'm sure it will come. It is a waste of time and energy booking holidays right now. When my May 20 flights were cancelled I felt sure we would get out to Spain in 2020 and yet we didn't. My rebooked flights for November were also cancelled. Now february 21 will be cancelled- without doubt. I give up !! You sound like a promoter for travel agents. I understand travel agents and tour operators predicament but right NOW is NOT the time to book. Maybe when everyone's been vaccinated, air corridors are reopened and expensive pre-72 hrs tests are no longer required it is the time to travel. Right now its far too difficult to predict when that might be. Sorry, I cannot agree with your post.
Old Jan 11th 2021, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

santaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Keithtoon
We have booked 2 weeks for June to Malaga. We will not be beaten!
you might not be beaten but you might be a spreader
Old Jan 12th 2021, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

Keithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by santaanita
you might not be beaten but you might be a spreader
Hi Santaanita,
Before making assumptions and labelling people please be aware that we have followed every Covid Rule including not seeing parents for 11 months to ensure their safety. We have not been to Spain now for 14 Months and normally come 4 times a year and yes will be unable to come in June if the pandemic is Rife!
Surely you don't begrudge us trying to have something to look forward to?
Keith.
Old Jan 12th 2021, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

dougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond repute

I have just had yet another flight booking cancelled for early February from Alicante to Uk.I have sold my apartment & am returning to UK for family reasons.Today I went back to travel agent(very patient with me) desperate to get a flight as I shall have no home & my belongings in storage.Managed to get hotel booking up till THIS flight gets cancelled which is to Newcastle,not Scotland where I want to go.Then I keep needing to renew all the other rulings like PLC & now PCR test.Having done everything asked &(hopefully) managing to get back into my own country,I will walk out of the airport & see people in the street without having a mask on even.So I do agree with Keithtoon completely.While in the travel agents there were an elderly couple who decided to try to return by car through France.But they were so concerned at having to make the journey from southern Spain to British shores within the stipulated 72 hours period.And Bonkers Boris can get away with breaking the rules by going on a long cycle ride.
Old Jan 12th 2021, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

santaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Keithtoon
Hi Santaanita,
Before making assumptions and labelling people please be aware that we have followed every Covid Rule including not seeing parents for 11 months to ensure their safety. We have not been to Spain now for 14 Months and normally come 4 times a year and yes will be unable to come in June if the pandemic is Rife!
Surely you don't begrudge us trying to have something to look forward to?
Keith.
Thats why i said might
Old Jan 12th 2021, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

Bridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leper
OK! We're leeching our way through Brexit, Covid-19 has taken its toll, but it won't be around for too long more. Let's be honest 2020 was miserable, there's only one way to go and that's up. Have you thought of spending next winter/spring in warmer climates? Now is the time to look forward. Do your homework. Book an apartment, villa, house, in coastal Spain and shorten next winter for yourself. You'll live much cheaper, gain a terrific experience and perhaps learn a lot and will enjoy yourself more. Even after Brexit you can spend 90 days continuously in Spain. That's the bones of 3 months. You can rent a good well located 2 bedroom low rise apartment within 2 mins walk to the beach, supermarket, restaurants for around €750 per month including all utilities. You'll get cheaper if you want. You can spend the winter in shorts, make new friends, have a better quality of life. Don't wait for your spouse to start enquiries - do it yourself and become your own Shirley Valentine. You won't be disappointed. Breakfast on the terrace taking in the beautiful sunny surroundings, drinking beer at a fraction of what you normally pay, having time to yourself, reading, talking, exploring and largely enjoying yourself. Your happiness is in your own hands - Go for it!
O I wish! Got stuck in lockdown in Almunecar March 20, Brittany Ferries all cancelled. In the end drove home through France. Sept/Oct apartment booking in Spain cancelled. Booked another for end of November 20 ferry was cancelled rebooked for Jan 21, and then had to move our Easyjet flight back to UK for Xmas now Lubijana in middle of June. Jan 21 ferry now cancelled and hopefully able to use tickets to go in December for <90days! Who knows when we can travel safely or are able to. Really miss our winter break in sunny Spain even if it hasn't been so sunny this winter...