Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

What Type Of Covid Test Required For Spain

What Type Of Covid Test Required For Spain

Old Jan 19th 2021, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

billgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond repute
Default What Type Of Covid Test Required For Spain

Hi,
Can anyone point me to the latest rules on the type of covid test required for residents to return to Spain from the UK?

I read that Spain would allow the faster antigen test if it is adopted by the EU in general, but can't find anything to say this is so.
Is the 72 hour time limit for when you actually depart the UK or for when you arrive in Spain? This is an important point if travelling by ferry which takes over 30 hours. Add that to the 24 or 48 hours to get a PCR test and the 72 hours could be used up before you arrive.

Any help appreciated.
Old Jan 19th 2021, 7:38 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What Type Of Covid Test Required For Spain

The website is https://www.spth.gob.es/.

It's 72 hours before arrival and they accept PCR, TMA and LAMP.
Old Jan 20th 2021, 1:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

billgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the link, but that only seems to cover arrivals through airports. There is no option for sea travellers.
Do I have to fill in the FCS form when arriving at a ferry port?

Edit: I see there is a paper form to fill in instead.

Last edited by billgates; Jan 20th 2021 at 2:00 pm.
Old Jan 20th 2021, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billgates
Thanks for the link, but that only seems to cover arrivals through airports. There is no option for sea travellers.
Do I have to fill in the FCS form when arriving at a ferry port?

Edit: I see there is a paper form to fill in instead.

From the Brittany Ferries website.

https://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/i...ronavirus/faqs

Basically says this for Spain.Spain

The Spanish government’s requirements for arrivals into the country has changed. Spain has announced they will be restricting passenger travel until 6pm (GMT+1) on 2 February 2021 (subject to possible review) except for:
  • Spanish nationals
  • Spanish residents
For Spanish residents, you should carry your resident document (the green paper EU residence certificate, NIE or the new TIE). Property deeds or utility bills will not be accepted as proof of residency by Spanish authorities.

You must check the Spanish government’s website for full details but in summary you’ll need to:
  • Complete a COVID-19 PCR test 72 hours before arrival in Spain or present a TMA (transcription-mediated amplification), a molecular test that is already carried out in some European countries
  • Present valid documentation, at check-in, to confirm the test was negative for each person travelling (children under the age of six are exempt)
We strongly recommend you check with Spanish authorities for the full details of this important change. Please note you may be refused travel or fined by the Spanish authorities if you do not comply with their requirements fully.

Before you travel to or return to Spain, you must complete a paper format Passenger Locator Form. You must print and complete this form prior to disembarkation. Brittany Ferries' staff will collect this form in the garage before you disembark.