Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

What Spanish Goodies are you having this Christmas.

What Spanish Goodies are you having this Christmas.

Old Nov 17th 2008, 8:41 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What Spanish Goodies are you having this Christmas.

Originally Posted by raddickle
we're far more likely to have natillas (the kids) or 'biscocho borracho' (grown-ups)- maybe with english custard!

I've never heard of 'biscocho borracho' but have just googled it and it sounds delish. Where do you buy it? I must try it.
you do it yourself - just buy or make biscocho & pour your booze of choice over it

I think classically it's meant to be rum, but I also like it with grand marnier or peach schnapps
Old Nov 17th 2008, 11:32 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

Irish smoked salmon and prawns mmmmm baileys irish cream mmmmmmm
Old Nov 18th 2008, 8:15 am
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

We will have a totally English Christmas day and totally Spanish Christmas Eve. We take "Christmas in a box" to our folks in Galicia, and cook it ourselves on the day. Some of the older generation are not that keen, but give it a go. But we have a traditional "eat till you die" feast on Christmas eve with the faimily, so they fill their boots then. Best of both worlds really.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

coralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nice

Originally Posted by me me
We will have a totally English Christmas day and totally Spanish Christmas Eve. We take "Christmas in a box" to our folks in Galicia, and cook it ourselves on the day. Some of the older generation are not that keen, but give it a go. But we have a traditional "eat till you die" feast on Christmas eve with the faimily, so they fill their boots then. Best of both worlds really.
We've done a variety:
Christmas back in the UK with family, perhaps spread over a couple of locations and days;
Christmas Day lunch at a Spanish restaurant with no Anglo trimmings;
Christmas lunch at home with all the trimmings - instances of success, disaster and indifference. Too much food, turkey too large and cold to cook before 6pm (poor FiL waiting politely for about 4 hours), children too full of starters to be interested in turkey, having to eat turkey myself for weeks because the wife likes the idea of buying a big one but doesn't actually like to eat more than a bit. I think last time I just cooked one of those breast joints.
This year we're going away to a Parador with the MiL, so at least no stressing out over cooking.

The first time the wife tried to buy and cook turkey it turned out to be one of those spiced, stuffing type things that only has a bit of skin over it to make it look like turkey. I felt like Basil Fawlty diving in to the mouse for the duck, looking through this spiced meat for some actual flesh.