Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

What Spanish Goodies are you having this Christmas.

What Spanish Goodies are you having this Christmas.

Old Nov 16th 2008, 2:08 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation
Default What Spanish Goodies are you having this Christmas.

Turkeys have gone up 75 per cent in the UK this year The farmers are saying the grain has gone up in price because the crop was poor because of bad weather. We always have Turkey here in Spain so no change there anyone not bothering or going to a Hotel.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport2/footb...5875-20897714/

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:39 am.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 7:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What Spanish Goodies are you having this Christmas.

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
Turkeys have gone up 75 per cent in the UK this year The farmers are saying the grain has gone up in price because the crop was poor because of bad weather. We always have Turkey here in Spain so no change there anyone not bothering or going to a Hotel.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport2/footb...5875-20897714/

http://bestsmileys.com/thanksgiving/1.gif
No probs getting turkey here before - Hipercor, so will assume the same again. Won't be the organic black freerange norfolk turkey I used to get from the farm, though
Went out Xmas day lunch last year, quite pleasant but with a little'un I don't think anything quite rivals turkey & trimmings at home so am tied in to the 'go to Iceland & buy up all the usual UK stuff' merrygoround!
Mind you, to answer your thread title, there are loads of Spanish Xmas goodies in on the act. Jamon in vast quantities to slice at as you pass, those amazing choccy/pastries things I can never remember the name of, turron, to name but three
Old Nov 16th 2008, 8:13 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
No probs getting turkey here before - Hipercor, so will assume the same again. Won't be the organic black freerange norfolk turkey I used to get from the farm, though
Went out Xmas day lunch last year, quite pleasant but with a little'un I don't think anything quite rivals turkey & trimmings at home so am tied in to the 'go to Iceland & buy up all the usual UK stuff' merrygoround!
Mind you, to answer your thread title, there are loads of Spanish Xmas goodies in on the act. Jamon in vast quantities to slice at as you pass, those amazing choccy/pastries things I can never remember the name of, turron, to name but three
christmas, just like our life in general is very 'spanglish!'

we take what we like best from both countries/cultures

we do have a roast turkey (from mercadona) & trimmings - though the sausages wrapped in bacon will be spanish in spanish bacon - the stuffing will be based on a paxo mix but with spanish sausage meat meat mixed in

we won't have xmas pud since none of us like it much - we're far more likely to have natillas (the kids) or 'biscocho borracho' (grown-ups)- maybe with english custard!

but we eat the meal in the evening after meeting friends for drinks & tapas by the beach in the port at 12ish

& our kids get their pressies split between santa & los tres reyes

and no, that doesn't mean they get extra
Old Nov 16th 2008, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa

we do have a roast turkey (from mercadona) & trimmings - though the sausages wrapped in bacon will be spanish in spanish bacon - the stuffing will be based on a paxo mix but with spanish sausage meat meat mixed in

we won't have xmas pud since none of us like it much - we're far more likely to have natillas (the kids) or 'biscocho borracho' (grown-ups)- maybe with english custard!

but we eat the meal in the evening after meeting friends for drinks & tapas by the beach in the port at 12ish

Sounds goods to me.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 9:30 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by montgomail
Sounds goods to me.
it's lovely - so relaxed

& I've never yet burned the turkey!
Old Nov 16th 2008, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

it's lovely - so relaxed

& I've never yet burned the turkey!
It is similar to what we do here when we stay in the village. Put the turkey in, meet friends down the pub and then go home and cook the veg.
So eat about 4pm.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 10:19 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by montgomail
It is similar to what we do here when we stay in the village. Put the turkey in, meet friends down the pub and then go home and cook the veg.
So eat about 4pm.
same idea then - except we eat considerably later - we're munching on tapas till about 3ish at least

and the kids actually get to ride their new bikes/rollerblades on christmas day!

dd2 wants heelies and blades this year - apparently they are going to be doing rollerblading for PE at school! - the teacher says she'll take them to blade along the 'prom' on the Arenal beach

somehow the sun always manages to shine on the day - even if its wet every day around it
Old Nov 16th 2008, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

same idea then - except we eat considerably later - we're munching on tapas till about 3ish at least

and the kids actually get to ride their new bikes/rollerblades on christmas day!

dd2 wants heelies and blades this year - apparently they are going to be doing rollerblading for PE at school! - the teacher says she'll take them to blade along the 'prom' on the Arenal beach

somehow the sun always manages to shine on the day - even if its wet every day around it
Strangely enough, I always associate Christmas Day with bright skies even in the UK. Although it's usually dark quite early.

I still cannot imagine doing Christmas in Spain - if I was going away, I think I would go to Ireland or Scotland.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 10:45 am

The little wrap of bacon they do at the same location have dates in the middle try them they are scrummy.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 10:55 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Devils on Horseback. Tasty
Old Nov 16th 2008, 11:53 am
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose its more booze,sex.and drugs.christmas is the same as any other week end.its not a big deal.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by betris
I suppose its more booze,sex.and drugs.christmas is the same as any other week end.its not a big deal.

Old Nov 16th 2008, 3:08 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
Old Nov 17th 2008, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Devils on Horseback. Tasty
I thought that was the name of the betris family on the donkeys at Southport .........Here skally wares da sea like

Old Nov 17th 2008, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

raddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant future

we're far more likely to have natillas (the kids) or 'biscocho borracho' (grown-ups)- maybe with english custard!

I've never heard of 'biscocho borracho' but have just googled it and it sounds delish. Where do you buy it? I must try it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.