Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

What makes you realise you are getting older?

What makes you realise you are getting older?

Old Sep 19th 2011, 2:12 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default What makes you realise you are getting older?

we all seem to plod along feeling as we did 20, 30, 40 years ago.
or are we.?

When did you realise you are getting older.?
was it when PC's starting looking younger than your son.?

can you remember when we didnt have supermarkets but just general shops with different counters.?

can you remember the box at the front of the counter the assistant used to put the broken biscuits.?

look forward to hearing from you.....
Old Sep 19th 2011, 2:27 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What makes you realise you are getting older?

Originally Posted by Domino
we all seem to plod along feeling as we did 20, 30, 40 years ago.
or are we.?

When did you realise you are getting older.?
was it when PC's starting looking younger than your son.?

can you remember when we didnt have supermarkets but just general shops with different counters.?

can you remember the box at the front of the counter the assistant used to put the broken biscuits.?

look forward to hearing from you.....
Dear god, yeah I can remember tins of biscuits in the shop with the broken ones going cheap.

Lots of things tip you off that it's later than you think.

Not as many teeth, the eyesight going, you make noises when you sit down and get up, ....
Old Sep 19th 2011, 3:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

For women it's that defining moment when someone says madam instead of miss, or lady instead of girl, or calls you senora instead of senorita (which does still happen, but only in goodhumoured jokiness)

.... and when you realise you're turning into your mother....
....worse still when your daughter realises she'll turn into you and says so!!!
Old Sep 19th 2011, 3:27 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

What was the question again?
Old Sep 19th 2011, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

When there is more metal than bone in there holding a couple of my joints together.
Old Sep 19th 2011, 3:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Dear god, yeah I can remember tins of biscuits in the shop with the broken ones going cheap.

Lots of things tip you off that it's later than you think.

Not as many teeth, the eyesight going, you make noises when you sit down and get up, ....
Well I've still got the same amount of teeth, it's just some of them are artificial
Old Sep 19th 2011, 3:40 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by megmet
When there is more metal than bone in there holding a couple of my joints together.
and the grin on the guys face when you fail at the scanner device in the airport doesn't help either ?
Old Sep 19th 2011, 3:51 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

When I waste an hour every day looking for my ration books and another two hours trotting to the bog.
Old Sep 19th 2011, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
and the grin on the guys face when you fail at the scanner device in the airport doesn't help either ?
That happened to a friend of ours who came to stay with us a couple of months ago, he had to show them the scar from his hip replacements.
Old Sep 19th 2011, 4:01 pm

When some young lad starts telling all about this new technology and I realise I was playing with it when his father was in short pants.
Old Sep 19th 2011, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

When I'm in a shop and the bill is £1-30, I hand over £5-30 the shop assistant then looks confused and can't work out how much change to give me... unless of course the till tells her.
Old Sep 19th 2011, 4:26 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

When the Vet, Doctor, dentist all started to look about 15!

Answering daft posts like this when there are lots of things I could be doing but can't be bothered (JOKE)
Old Sep 19th 2011, 4:26 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Some times you look in the mirror and see someone else
Old Sep 19th 2011, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by anonimouse
Some times you look in the mirror and see someone else
some times you look in the mirror and see your father (or mother)
Old Sep 19th 2011, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by megmet
When I'm in a shop and the bill is £1-30, I hand over £5-30 the shop assistant then looks confused and can't work out how much change to give me... unless of course the till tells her.
poor girl giving her £'s of course she's confused it should be €'s Meg, you are showing your age

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.