Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

what makes this forum fun.....

what makes this forum fun.....

Old Mar 6th 2007, 7:31 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold
Default what makes this forum fun.....

Just logged on to see Gladtobeback's rant and all the many replies. Isn't this what makes this forum so much more interesting than many others?? Even if you think the ranting and raving are sometimes so over the top, it's the sheer diversity of experience that gives it flavour.
Emigration is always a struggle...the ones who make a go of it are made of stern stuff, but not everyone wants the struggle and hats off to those who say I've had enough and go home. Admitting defeat and making a dignified retreat is to be admired. The old adage of one man's meat being another man's poison cannot seem truer than when reading the posts on here and seeing the varied responses and ways people have of dealing with the same problems.
A lemon tree or theatre in London....neither is better...each has it's own charm...just different.
Old Mar 6th 2007, 7:33 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: what makes this forum fun.....

how true
Old Mar 6th 2007, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

helenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by poollounger
Just logged on to see Gladtobeback's rant and all the many replies. Isn't this what makes this forum so much more interesting than many others?? Even if you think the ranting and raving are sometimes so over the top, it's the sheer diversity of experience that gives it flavour.
Emigration is always a struggle...the ones who make a go of it are made of stern stuff, but not everyone wants the struggle and hats off to those who say I've had enough and go home. Admitting defeat and making a dignified retreat is to be admired. The old adage of one man's meat being another man's poison cannot seem truer than when reading the posts on here and seeing the varied responses and ways people have of dealing with the same problems.
A lemon tree or theatre in London....neither is better...each has it's own charm...just different.
I think this forum is fun as people keep their sense of humour some other countries where people are homesick though are a bit more serious.
Makes me glad I am moving to Spain as I would be homesick if I was too far.
Old Mar 6th 2007, 7:51 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=poollounger;4489914]Just logged on to see Gladtobeback's rant and all the many replies. Isn't this what makes this forum so much more interesting than many others?? Even if you think the ranting and raving are sometimes so over the top, it's the sheer diversity of experience that gives it flavour.
A lemon tree or theatre in London....neither is better...each has it's own charm...just different.[/QUOTE]

A lemon tree or theatre in London....neither is better...each has it's own charm...just different.[/

You wouldnt say that if it was pancake day
Old Mar 6th 2007, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

Keep em coming Big Pete
Old Mar 6th 2007, 9:18 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrsjdr
Keep em coming Big Pete
I will do me best mrsjdr
Old Mar 7th 2007, 6:17 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Pete
Old Mar 7th 2007, 7:19 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=Big Pete;4490000]
A lemon tree or theatre in London....neither is better...each has it's own charm...just different.[/QUOTE]

A lemon tree or theatre in London....neither is better...each has it's own charm...just different.[/

You wouldnt say that if it was pancake day
Well I have never been any good at tossing pancakes...just don't seem to have the right wrist action. This year it was M and S for me...10 mins in the oven with a lovely lemon sauce and Waitrose Madagascan vanilla ice cream on the side. Orgasmic !!!!!.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 7:25 am
Still young member

Rixxy will become famous soon enoughRixxy will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=poollounger;4491990]
Originally Posted by Big Pete

Well I have never been any good at tossing pancakes...just don't seem to have the right wrist action. This year it was M and S for me...10 mins in the oven with a lovely lemon sauce and Waitrose Madagascan vanilla ice cream on the side. Orgasmic !!!!!.
Dyou know at first glance I thought you had written S and M!! Must go to opticians!

We missed pancake day - forgot about it!!

Reminds me of when I first came here, there were no easter eggs - you had to go to Gib and I couldnt be bothered with all the hassle, so for 5 years the kids went without and never complained - until they went back to UK one time and Grandma bless her bought them 2 each! they asked what they were, had it all explained and now they STILL rib me for depiving them all those years!!!
Old Mar 7th 2007, 1:30 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

English shops here have Easter Eggs on sale, very little choice, but they are there. Suspect that sales are not that high as in the UK, even with the number of brit expats round.
Now you see, here's a case in point, the thread started out as to why this forum was fun due to it's diversity, and it's already moved on via pancake day to Easter Eggs,
Old Mar 7th 2007, 1:34 pm
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of Easter, Has anyone put their Christmas decorations up yet?
Old Mar 7th 2007, 1:49 pm
Still young member

Originally Posted by mikelincs
English shops here have Easter Eggs on sale, very little choice, but they are there. Suspect that sales are not that high as in the UK, even with the number of brit expats round.
Now you see, here's a case in point, the thread started out as to why this forum was fun due to it's diversity, and it's already moved on via pancake day to Easter Eggs,
PLEEEEEEEESE dont tell my kids - they mentioned it yesterday AGAIN what a wicked Mum and how deprived they were for 5 years. I just though of the money I saved!

Im in manchester this weekend - work! So may pick some up whilst there.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 1:58 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rixxy
PLEEEEEEEESE dont tell my kids - they mentioned it yesterday AGAIN what a wicked Mum and how deprived they were for 5 years. I just though of the money I saved!

Im in manchester this weekend - work! So may pick some up whilst there.

Hope the weather stays nice for you Rixxy (NOT )
Old Mar 7th 2007, 2:10 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Rixxy;4492017]
Dyou know at first glance I thought you had written S and M!! Must go to opticians!
Hmmmm!

That sub-conscious! Bugger eh?
Old Mar 7th 2007, 2:14 pm
Still young member

[QUOTE=rugbymatt;4493441]
Originally Posted by Rixxy

Hmmmm!

That sub-conscious! Bugger eh?
Life is what you make of it!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.