Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

what is it like living in spain

what is it like living in spain

Old Mar 6th 2007, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

angiemarie is a jewel in the roughangiemarie is a jewel in the roughangiemarie is a jewel in the roughangiemarie is a jewel in the rough
Default what is it like living in spain

Have a family friend who is moving out there and would be greatfull of advise on anythink and opinions and best and worst places to go.
Old Mar 6th 2007, 4:35 pm
Smarties

SmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really nice
Default Re: what is it like living in spain

Originally Posted by angiemarie View Post
Have a family friend who is moving out there and would be greatfull of advise on anythink and opinions and best and worst places to go.
Stick a pin a map of the UK and its probably better than where you spike
Old Mar 6th 2007, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

angiemarie is a jewel in the roughangiemarie is a jewel in the roughangiemarie is a jewel in the roughangiemarie is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by SmartiesUK View Post
Stick a pin a map of the UK and its probably better than where you spike
ok fare enough so its a hell of a lot better than this country then
Old Mar 6th 2007, 4:46 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Have a browse through the threads on this forum. Most recent ones are 'Why Spain' and 'Spanish Neighbours'. You'll get a good picture from those two alone.
Old Mar 6th 2007, 4:46 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

ok fare enough so its a hell of a lot better than this country then
Every part of Spain has its own footprint, same as UK, if you say where they are going to be in Spain it will be a lot easier to answer. ;-)
Old Mar 6th 2007, 4:48 pm
Still young member

Rixxy will become famous soon enoughRixxy will become famous soon enough

Its too hot to be bothered - I ambout to go to the local bar for a drink and some crack (the ha ha kind not the other kind) - eating out is cheap and good, my kids love it here and I wouldnt want to live anywhere else.

Does that help??
Old Mar 6th 2007, 4:49 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rixxy View Post
Its too hot to be bothered - I ambout to go to the local bar for a drink and some crack (the ha ha kind not the other kind) - eating out is cheap and good, my kids love it here and I wouldnt want to live anywhere else.

Does that help??
Some crack
Old Mar 6th 2007, 4:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Spain is a very big place - a lot of advise ( and peoples experiences) will vary depending on where they are living

Whereabouts are your friends moving to ?
do they have children ? how old ?
will they need to work?
do they already own a property or going to buy one or rent ?

have they intrusted you in finding out info for them ? surly they have researched stuff themselves ????
Old Mar 6th 2007, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jdr View Post
Every part of Spain has its own footprint, same as UK, if you say where they are going to be in Spain it will be a lot easier to answer. ;-)
sorry its Valencia they are thinking of moving to.
Old Mar 6th 2007, 4:52 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda View Post
Some crack
Irish for a laugh ;-)
Old Mar 6th 2007, 4:53 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr View Post
Irish for a laugh ;-)
Phew!
Old Mar 6th 2007, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Spain's reply is quite right depends on what area they are thinking of, I love it here in Albunol as it is cheap no high rises etc etc no golf very few tourist only ones that pass through to the Alpujarra's, people are very friendly and helpful and I can scuba dive in untouched waters.

pwwm
Old Mar 6th 2007, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spain View Post
Spain is a very big place - a lot of advise ( and peoples experiences) will vary depending on where they are living

Whereabouts are your friends moving to ?
do they have children ? how old ?
will they need to work?
do they already own a property or going to buy one or rent ?

have they intrusted you in finding out info for them ? surly they have researched stuff themselves ????
They have just asked me since its all just being thought about at the moment and they saw i was on this web site and asked me to find out what i can.
They are elderly 60s with no family there, they would buy there own property and just want to retire out there.
Old Mar 6th 2007, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pwwm View Post
Spain's reply is quite right depends on what area they are thinking of, I love it here in Albunol as it is cheap no high rises etc etc no golf very few tourist only ones that pass through to the Alpujarra's, people are very friendly and helpful and I can scuba dive in untouched waters.

pwwm
That sounds ideal they are not in to golf and just want to relax and not to many tourists and be near the water i shall pass that info on i think they would like some were like that many thanks.
Old Mar 6th 2007, 5:02 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

That sounds ideal they are not in to golf and just want to relax and not to many tourists and be near the water i shall pass that info on i think they would like some were like that many thanks.
Have a read HERE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.