British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   what is it like living in spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/what-like-living-spain-432712/)

angiemarie Mar 6th 2007 5:30 pm

what is it like living in spain
 
Have a family friend who is moving out there and would be greatfull of advise on anythink and opinions and best and worst places to go.:eek:

SmartiesUK Mar 6th 2007 5:35 pm

Re: what is it like living in spain
 

Originally Posted by angiemarie (Post 4489320)
Have a family friend who is moving out there and would be greatfull of advise on anythink and opinions and best and worst places to go.:eek:

Stick a pin a map of the UK and its probably better than where you spike ;)

angiemarie Mar 6th 2007 5:41 pm

Re: what is it like living in spain
 

Originally Posted by SmartiesUK (Post 4489353)
Stick a pin a map of the UK and its probably better than where you spike ;)

ok fare enough so its a hell of a lot better than this country then

derbyflan Mar 6th 2007 5:46 pm

Re: what is it like living in spain
 
Have a browse through the threads on this forum. Most recent ones are 'Why Spain' and 'Spanish Neighbours'. You'll get a good picture from those two alone.

jdr Mar 6th 2007 5:46 pm

Re: what is it like living in spain
 

Originally Posted by angiemarie (Post 4489375)
ok fare enough so its a hell of a lot better than this country then

Every part of Spain has its own footprint, same as UK, if you say where they are going to be in Spain it will be a lot easier to answer. ;-)

Rixxy Mar 6th 2007 5:48 pm

Re: what is it like living in spain
 

Originally Posted by angiemarie (Post 4489320)
Have a family friend who is moving out there and would be greatfull of advise on anythink and opinions and best and worst places to go.:eek:

Its too hot to be bothered - I ambout to go to the local bar for a drink and some crack (the ha ha kind not the other kind) - eating out is cheap and good, my kids love it here and I wouldnt want to live anywhere else.

Does that help??

Lionda Mar 6th 2007 5:49 pm

Re: what is it like living in spain
 

Originally Posted by Rixxy (Post 4489402)
Its too hot to be bothered - I ambout to go to the local bar for a drink and some crack (the ha ha kind not the other kind) - eating out is cheap and good, my kids love it here and I wouldnt want to live anywhere else.

Does that help??

Some crack :eek:

spain Mar 6th 2007 5:51 pm

Re: what is it like living in spain
 

Originally Posted by angiemarie (Post 4489320)
Have a family friend who is moving out there and would be greatfull of advise on anythink and opinions and best and worst places to go.:eek:

Spain is a very big place - a lot of advise ( and peoples experiences) will vary depending on where they are living

Whereabouts are your friends moving to ?
do they have children ? how old ?
will they need to work?
do they already own a property or going to buy one or rent ?

have they intrusted you in finding out info for them ? surly they have researched stuff themselves ????

angiemarie Mar 6th 2007 5:52 pm

Re: what is it like living in spain
 

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 4489397)
Every part of Spain has its own footprint, same as UK, if you say where they are going to be in Spain it will be a lot easier to answer. ;-)

sorry its Valencia they are thinking of moving to.

jdr Mar 6th 2007 5:52 pm

Re: what is it like living in spain
 

Originally Posted by Lionda (Post 4489405)
Some crack :eek:

Irish for a laugh ;-)

Lionda Mar 6th 2007 5:53 pm

Re: what is it like living in spain
 

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 4489421)
Irish for a laugh ;-)

Phew! :o :lol:

pwwm Mar 6th 2007 5:55 pm

Re: what is it like living in spain
 
Spain's reply is quite right depends on what area they are thinking of, I love it here in Albunol as it is cheap no high rises etc etc no golf very few tourist only ones that pass through to the Alpujarra's, people are very friendly and helpful and I can scuba dive in untouched waters.

pwwm

angiemarie Mar 6th 2007 5:55 pm

Re: what is it like living in spain
 

Originally Posted by spain (Post 4489416)
Spain is a very big place - a lot of advise ( and peoples experiences) will vary depending on where they are living

Whereabouts are your friends moving to ?
do they have children ? how old ?
will they need to work?
do they already own a property or going to buy one or rent ?

have they intrusted you in finding out info for them ? surly they have researched stuff themselves ????

They have just asked me since its all just being thought about at the moment and they saw i was on this web site and asked me to find out what i can.
They are elderly 60s with no family there, they would buy there own property and just want to retire out there.

angiemarie Mar 6th 2007 6:00 pm

Re: what is it like living in spain
 

Originally Posted by pwwm (Post 4489434)
Spain's reply is quite right depends on what area they are thinking of, I love it here in Albunol as it is cheap no high rises etc etc no golf very few tourist only ones that pass through to the Alpujarra's, people are very friendly and helpful and I can scuba dive in untouched waters.

pwwm

That sounds ideal they are not in to golf and just want to relax and not to many tourists and be near the water i shall pass that info on i think they would like some were like that many thanks.

jdr Mar 6th 2007 6:02 pm

Re: what is it like living in spain
 

Originally Posted by angiemarie (Post 4489444)
That sounds ideal they are not in to golf and just want to relax and not to many tourists and be near the water i shall pass that info on i think they would like some were like that many thanks.

Have a read HERE


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:48 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.