Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

What kind of holiday in Spain soon?

What kind of holiday in Spain soon?

Old Jun 17th 2020, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What kind of holiday in Spain soon?

Originally Posted by amideislas
Restaurants and bars are all alfresco... No indoor seating allowed (yet).

Outdoors it's a bit hit or miss. Some people masked, others not. But there's no mandate to wear masks outdoors, so it's not as if anyone's breaking the law.
Is the restaurants thing something that has been put in place by the Balearic regional government? We're in the same Phase 3 here and restaurants are allowed to use 50% of their inside seating capacity (with the tables at least 2m apart).

The decree regarding mask wearing says they must be worn outdoors as well as in indoor public spaces IF social distancing cannot be maintained, so people are supposed to wear them in crowded places outside where they can't maintain the 2m distance from others (although I think the distance comes down to 1.5m shortly if in fact it hasn't already happened)
Old Jun 17th 2020, 5:30 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

You may be right. Last time we went to a restaurant, it was about a week ago, and then there was no inside seating. Alfresco is the basic norm here in most bars & restaurants, particularly outside the city, which is where we live. Virtually all have large terraces, and especially this time of year, that's where most people inevitably choose to park.

Virtually everyone seems to be happily adherent to all of the mandates, and since we have such a low occurrence of the virus, I suppose many aren't too bothered about masks outdoors, although many still wear them (oddly, some even when driving down the motorway, even when alone in their cars, which I find a bit over the top, but to each his own I reckon).
Old Jun 17th 2020, 6:09 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas
Y...... many still wear them (oddly, some even when driving down the motorway, even when alone in their cars, which I find a bit over the top, but to each his own I reckon).
Seems a bit odd, for sure, and I have seen that too on the interstate (motorway), but to follow the "don't touch your face/ handle your mask more than absolutely necessary", I typically put my mask on before I leave my car at the first shop I go to, and leave it on until after I have been to the last shop (usually the second, sometimes the third), so sometimes I can be seen driving alone with my mask on.
Old Jun 17th 2020, 6:34 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

A reasonable explanation.

I have to say, though, this disinfectant they have at the entrance to all the shops appears to be really good stuff. It's clear, somewhat gel like, obviously alcohol based, but spreads on your hands quickly, dries quickly, and doesn't seem to have any bad side effects like dryness or chafing, or bad smell. Strangely, they don't seem to have it on their shelves for sale. I'd keep it in the car if they did.