Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

What items are compulsory in your car in Spain?

What items are compulsory in your car in Spain?

Old Sep 26th 2011, 4:47 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What items are compulsory in your car in Spain?

Es verdad ! Much better to avoid if at all possible but still is a mystery where the car came from and who was driving it the grandfather or the grandson aged 5/6 yrs.

Last edited by bxpuser24710519; Sep 26th 2011 at 4:59 am. Reason: Change word as wrong one !
Old Sep 26th 2011, 4:48 am
BE Enthusiast

busters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
Es verdad ! Much better to avoid if necessary but still is a mystery where the car came from and who was driving it the grandfather or the grandson aged 5/6 yrs.

And you can bet neither had a licence !!
Old Sep 26th 2011, 5:00 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

We never found out, they drove off after picking the bits that fell off and all havng a quiet discussion round their car.
Old Sep 26th 2011, 6:05 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
We never found out, they drove off after picking the bits that fell off and all havng a quiet discussion round their car.
did you find the wooden blocks the little one had fixed to his shoes ??
Old Sep 26th 2011, 6:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
did you find the wooden blocks the little one had fixed to his shoes ??
.. that'd be his chanclas, I guess? ...
Old Sep 26th 2011, 6:32 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
.. that'd be his chanclas, I guess? ...
¿qué es eso?

chancla, chancleta
feminine noun1. backless sandal (sandalia); flip-flop (para la playa) (British), thong (United States, Austr)

chancla [chan’-clah]
noun1. An old shoe with worn-down heel. (f)
2. (f)
verb3. CHANCLETA.
Old Sep 26th 2011, 6:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

¿qué es eso?

chancla, chancleta
feminine noun1. backless sandal (sandalia); flip-flop (para la playa) (British), thong (United States, Austr)

chancla [chan’-clah]
2. (f)
verb3. CHANCLETA.
pedant. That'd be his flip flops, then?

ps wouldn't the better choice of word be cual es eso? to establish you're trying to figure which word I meant??
Old Sep 26th 2011, 6:51 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

ps wouldn't the better choice of word be cual es eso? to establish you're trying to figure which word I meant??
who's the pedant

flip flops or thongs
Old Sep 26th 2011, 6:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by lynnxa
who's the pedant

flip flops or thongs
pedant? Moi? tsk tsk

I think it was a child, so thong possibly not
Old Sep 26th 2011, 6:58 am

3. qué (in questions)
what do you want? -> ¿qué quieres?
what are you doing here? -> ¿qué haces aquí?
what's that? -> ¿qué es eso?
what's that to you? -> ¿a ti qué te importa?

may not be right to a spaniard but as an ignorant guiri it looks right to me,
whilst Cual = Which

with flip flops = para la playa
whilst Chancla can be used for flip flops (para la playa) it is also

I am at a loss to see why I am being pedantic about Spanish language when you used the incorrect Spanish word in an English discussion that has nothing to do with the wooden blocks kids fit to the soles of their shoes to allow them to reach the pedals of a motor vehicle as I originally posted.

have a nice day now
Old Sep 26th 2011, 7:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

3. qué (in questions)
what do you want? -> ¿qué quieres?
what are you doing here? -> ¿qué haces aquí?
what's that? -> ¿qué es eso?
what's that to you? -> ¿a ti qué te importa?

may not be right to a spaniard but as an ignorant guiri it looks right to me,
whilst Cual = Which

with flip flops = para la playa
whilst Chancla can be used for flip flops (para la playa) it is also

I am at a loss to see why I am being pedantic about Spanish language when you used the incorrect Spanish word in an English discussion that has nothing to do with the wooden blocks kids fit to the soles of their shoes to allow them to reach the pedals of a motor vehicle as I originally posted.

have a nice day now

Perhaps you've forgotten that waaaaay earlier in this thread there was quite a lot of discussion about what shoes were and weren't permissible. Flip flops (chanclas) being one of those discussed. When you spoke of the child having wooden blocks on his shoes I thought to be witty I'd infer that the shoes upon which the wooden blocks were stuck/whatever were (wait for it) chanclas.
Got a bit lost in the telling, is all.

(oh, and no, you're no more of a pedant than I!)
Old Sep 26th 2011, 7:47 am

Perhaps you've forgotten that waaaaay earlier in this thread there was quite a lot of discussion about what shoes were and weren't permissible. Flip flops (chanclas) being one of those discussed. When you spoke of the child having wooden blocks on his shoes I thought to be witty I'd infer that the shoes upon which the wooden blocks were stuck/whatever were (wait for it) chanclas.
Got a bit lost in the telling, is all.

(oh, and no, you're no more of a pedant than I!)
as an L in Spanish I have every right to be pedantic.