Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

what if GB leaves the EU...

what if GB leaves the EU...

Old Oct 13th 2014, 3:20 am
  #91  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Hampshire coast
Posts: 1,584
lutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what if GB leaves the EU...

Originally Posted by EMR
Just read saturdays 11th Oct Daily Mail.
I know it may come as a shock to you to read the comments of the new MP for Clacton.
As for your extreme views, you support UKIP and for me that is enough.
I could trawl through your countless posts on immigration and what is wrong with the UK etc etc, but lifes just too short.
One of the TIO regulars posted the comment, maybe in fun but it would not come as a surprise if it was true.
On balance, there are a fair amount of your views that I agree with. Probably the EU being a major exception. The thing is, I voted UKIP in the MEP elections purely as a protest. Like many others, I wanted to send Cameron a strong message on Europe, but that doesn't make me extreme. If the Tories win the next election and they negotiate some meaningful EU reforms, then I'll be happy.
As for some TIO regulars, it's often difficult to know when they're being serious, sarcastic or cynical.
lutonlad is offline  
Old Oct 13th 2014, 4:01 am
  #92  
EMR
Banned
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 26,724
EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what if GB leaves the EU...

Originally Posted by lutonlad
On balance, there are a fair amount of your views that I agree with. Probably the EU being a major exception. The thing is, I voted UKIP in the MEP elections purely as a protest. Like many others, I wanted to send Cameron a strong message on Europe, but that doesn't make me extreme. If the Tories win the next election and they negotiate some meaningful EU reforms, then I'll be happy.
As for some TIO regulars, it's often difficult to know when they're being serious, sarcastic or cynical.
You are right, there is a huge difference between a protest vote in the Euro elections or a bye election neither of which make an ounce of difference to how the UK is run to a general election.
In 2010 we saw a move towards the centre left with votes for the Liberals.
It is these votes that will make the difference in 2015.
Will many ( the young ) as I fear not bother to vote this time or will they ( as I hope ) vote for any party other than UKIP.
Another Lib/Con coalition would not be a bad thing for the UK even if the Liberals have much less influence than they do now.
EMR is offline  
Old Oct 13th 2014, 4:19 am
  #93  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 4,548
la mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what if GB leaves the EU...

Originally Posted by EMR
Just read saturdays 11th Oct Daily Mail.
I know it may come as a shock to you to read the comments of the new MP for Clacton.
As for your extreme views, you support UKIP and for me that is enough.
I could trawl through your countless posts on immigration and what is wrong with the UK etc etc, but lifes just too short.
One of the TIO regulars posted the comment, maybe in fun but it would not come as a surprise if it was true.
If nothing else, you do provide humour, even if your debating is based on untruths and unsubstantiated comments.

I appreciate you read the Daily Mail. You still haven’t told me what it says about Carswell, but we’ll leave it there. All I wanted to know was what newspapers you read, and the Daily Mail is a start.

My extreme views are ‘I support UKIP’? Is that it? Well, well, well, if you think supporting UKIP is extremism, I suggest you look at some of the comments from Duncan Smith and Theresa May who, according to your logic, are more extreme than me.

Incidentally, you refer my countless posts on immigration? Can I remind you that it was you who brought up the subject recently on this thread in your post #43, and I am only answering you? And never, not once, have I said anything about what is wrong with the UK. Again, untruths from you regarding me.

And the biggest laugh of all is your comment regarding the quote from TIO. You don’t even know if it’s fact or fiction!!!! You have the temerity to post when you do not know from where it originates, apart from ‘one of the TIO regulars’!!!!

Once again you post untruths and unsubstantiated comments. As I said previously, you keep doing this in the hope that someone will believe you, but you are hopelessly lost in a world of fabrication. You do not know fact from fiction! Yet you keep on, day after day, thread after thread, with posts that belong in the dustbin of yesteryear, a bin full of untruths and unsubstantiated comments which, in your head in your make-believe world, you think are correct.

And to save you answering me with facts, you say life is too short to trawl back through my posts; this from someone who, under their pseudonym, calls themselves a FORUM ADDICT! We couldn’t make you up if we tried. You are priceless. Our resident poster wandering in the spheres of fantasy and posting untruths about me.

I’ll leave you to carry on reading the Daily Mail. I hear Garfield is quite good these days. Who knows, you may learn something from it – Garfield I mean.
la mancha is offline  
Old Oct 13th 2014, 4:31 am
  #94  
EMR
Banned
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 26,724
EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what if GB leaves the EU...

For your benefit ( yet again ).
Carsewell is happy with Britain as it is today.
Carsewell wanst to appeal to ALL those born in Britain ( which by implication includes all those minorities, religious groups which cause many UKIPIANS sleeples nights ).
If you want to call, articles in the UKIP bible ( DM ) untruths or statements by Farage on UK TV untruths the do so if it makes you happy.
I do not regulary read the DM it just happens to be one of the newpapers in the Gents ( best place for it ) in our golf club.
I like Garfield we have a ginger cat.
EMR is offline  
Old Oct 13th 2014, 4:44 am
  #95  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 4,548
la mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what if GB leaves the EU...

‘I do not regulary read the DM it just happens to be one of the newpapers in the Gents ( best place for it ) in our golf club.’

Reading a freebie in the gents portrays you to perfection. Goodbye.
la mancha is offline  
Old Oct 13th 2014, 5:44 am
  #96  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Fredbargate's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Land of no recession
Posts: 10,720
Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what if GB leaves the EU...

Originally Posted by la mancha
If nothing else, you do provide humour, even if your debating is based on untruths and unsubstantiated comments.

I appreciate you read the Daily Mail. You still haven’t told me what it says about Carswell, but we’ll leave it there. All I wanted to know was what newspapers you read, and the Daily Mail is a start.

My extreme views are ‘I support UKIP’? Is that it? Well, well, well, if you think supporting UKIP is extremism, I suggest you look at some of the comments from Duncan Smith and Theresa May who, according to your logic, are more extreme than me.

Incidentally, you refer my countless posts on immigration? Can I remind you that it was you who brought up the subject recently on this thread in your post #43, and I am only answering you? And never, not once, have I said anything about what is wrong with the UK. Again, untruths from you regarding me.

And the biggest laugh of all is your comment regarding the quote from TIO. You don’t even know if it’s fact or fiction!!!! You have the temerity to post when you do not know from where it originates, apart from ‘one of the TIO regulars’!!!!

Once again you post untruths and unsubstantiated comments. As I said previously, you keep doing this in the hope that someone will believe you, but you are hopelessly lost in a world of fabrication. You do not know fact from fiction! Yet you keep on, day after day, thread after thread, with posts that belong in the dustbin of yesteryear, a bin full of untruths and unsubstantiated comments which, in your head in your make-believe world, you think are correct.

And to save you answering me with facts, you say life is too short to trawl back through my posts; this from someone who, under their pseudonym, calls themselves a FORUM ADDICT! We couldn’t make you up if we tried. You are priceless. Our resident poster wandering in the spheres of fantasy and posting untruths about me.

I’ll leave you to carry on reading the Daily Mail. I hear Garfield is quite good these days. Who knows, you may learn something from it – Garfield I mean.
Fredbargate is offline  
Old Oct 13th 2014, 7:08 pm
  #97  
EMR
Banned
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 26,724
EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what if GB leaves the EU...

Who else saw the Panorama prog on Farage/UKIP last night.
As it contained many negative and contraversial fact about Farage are we goint to see comments such as 1) It did not happen, 2) it was full of untruths.

One thing you can say about farage he is no fool being paid millions as an MEP and doing SFA.
EMR is offline  
Old Oct 14th 2014, 1:02 am
  #98  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 827
billgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what if GB leaves the EU...

It was the BBC and they are out to discredit Farage.
Just like they did with Salmond.
When are they going to do a similar program about Cameron or Milliband?
billgates is offline  
Old Oct 14th 2014, 1:06 am
  #99  
EMR
Banned
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 26,724
EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what if GB leaves the EU...

Originally Posted by billgates
It was the BBC and they are out to discredit Farage.
Just like they did with Salmond.
When are they going to do a similar program about Cameron or Milliband?
" The Truth Hurts " doesn't it.

Yet even more good reasons NOT to vote UKIP.
EMR is offline  
Old Oct 14th 2014, 1:27 am
  #100  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 827
billgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what if GB leaves the EU...

Originally Posted by EMR
" The Truth Hurts " doesn't it.

Yet even more good reasons NOT to vote UKIP.
We already know that you are a DM reader, but are you also that naive to believe everything you watch on the BBC is the truth as well?
billgates is offline  
Old Oct 14th 2014, 1:29 am
  #101  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 827
billgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what if GB leaves the EU...

And you think that something seen on the BBC is a good reason not to vote UKIP?
billgates is offline  
Old Oct 14th 2014, 1:31 am
  #102  
EMR
Banned
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 26,724
EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what if GB leaves the EU...

No a cheating, leader who rips of the UK tax payer and divert funds for his own purposes are good enough reasons for anyone NOT to vote UKIP.
EMR is offline  
Old Oct 14th 2014, 2:33 am
  #103  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 827
billgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what if GB leaves the EU...

Originally Posted by EMR
No a cheating, leader who rips of the UK tax payer and divert funds for his own purposes are good enough reasons for anyone NOT to vote UKIP.
Ripping off the UK taxpayer?

Hahahahaha! If that's a good enough reason not to vote for them then what about the current shower who you say
Originally Posted by EMR
Another Lib/Con coalition would not be a bad thing for the UK

George Osborne - "QE is the last resort of desperate governments"
Gordon Brown - "I will not allow house prices to get out of control"

What were the bank bailouts if not a rip off for the tax payer?
Who is left liable for the 350 billion of QE money that this lot have magicked into thin air?

What about Stephen Byers, Patricia Hewitt and Geoff Hoon?
All three were caught on film offering to help private companies access Government in return for thousands of pounds a day.

What about Lord Hanningfield exposed in clocking-in scandal ripping off taxpayers for thousands of pounds

And the Liberal Democrats Home Affairs spokesman Mark Oaten forced to resign after it was revealed by the News of the World that he paid rentboys to perform sexual activities on him

And Tessa Jowell, Labour cabinet minister, embroiled in a scandal about a property remortgage

Not forgetting Derek Conway the Conservative Party MP found to have reclaimed salaries he had paid to his two sons who had in fact not carried out the work

And then there's Maria Miller, the Culture Secretary, resigned following pressure relating to the results of an investigation into her past expenses claims

What about Chief Secretary to the Treasury David Laws who resigned from the Cabinet and was referred to the Parliamentary Commissioner for Standards after the Daily Telegraph published details of claims of £40,000 in expenses on a second home owned by a secret partner


The reports of corrupt politicians just keep on coming.



So who are you going to vote for now?
billgates is offline  
Old Oct 14th 2014, 2:48 am
  #104  
EMR
Banned
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 26,724
EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what if GB leaves the EU...

Farage has taken over £4million in salary and expenses representing a party that he says puts the interests of the UK and it population above everything else.
Yet he cannot bebothered to turn up at the European Parliament,
He makes a big deal about the affect of the European fishing policy on UK fisherman but cannot be bothered to turn up for meetings on the fisheries commitee of which he is a member.
Tell me if you think we are getting value for money from our MEP,s in particular Mr Farage. £4million paid to him return to the UK taxpayer Zilch, nada, SFA.
EMR is offline  
Old Oct 14th 2014, 2:56 am
  #105  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 827
billgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what if GB leaves the EU...

That's a pretty weak argument don't you think?

So what?
Farage is no different to most of the House of Lords who turn up each day to collect their 300 pounds then go home.
No worse that any politician in the commons that doesn't bother to turn up to vote.

Yet you single out Farage as being somehow worse than all the other political scumbags in Westminister. Just remember back to the expenses scandal, duck houses? All the house flipping and fake second homes?
billgates is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.