Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

What Holistic Massage Therapy Qualifications are required to work in Spain

What Holistic Massage Therapy Qualifications are required to work in Spain

Old Nov 30th 2013, 11:10 am
Just Joined

cabbrighton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What Holistic Massage Therapy Qualifications are required to work in Spain

Hello
I am a holistic therapist and massage therapist in the UK and am looking to relocate to Marbella. Does anyone know if I can use my UK qualifications to practise in Spain or do I need to re-qualify?
Many thanks.
Corrina
Old Nov 30th 2013, 11:59 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What Holistic Massage Therapy Qualifications are required to work in Spain

Originally Posted by cabbrighton
Hello
I am a holistic therapist and massage therapist in the UK and am looking to relocate to Marbella. Does anyone know if I can use my UK qualifications to practise in Spain or do I need to re-qualify?
Many thanks.
Corrina
Hi.

I would be surprised if you did - you don't actually need any qualifications to practise most of those things in the UK do you?

I'll try to do some finding out but it might depend upon the therapies you offer. Can you be a little more specific?
Old Nov 30th 2013, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

cabbrighton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What Holistic Massage Therapy Qualifications are required to work in Spain

Hi
You absolutely have to have qualifications to practise as a massage therapist in the UK or you will not be covered by insurance. If you don't you could be sued for millions.
I am a holistic practitioner (cant be more specific than that really - holistic means the whole body and mind) and a massage therapist.
The question is can I practise as a massage therapist in Marbella with my UK qualifications or do I have to re-qualify.
Thanks.
Old Nov 30th 2013, 12:57 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cabbrighton
Hello
Many thanks.
Corrina
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary