Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

What has happened to the weather??

What has happened to the weather??

Old Apr 22nd 2007, 6:13 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has happened to the weather??

Originally Posted by crispygirl
Hi Rosemary

It was a place called Groombridge near Tunbridge Wells in East Sussex.

If anyone wants a great day out I can recommend it, there is an Estate there called Groombrige House and it if you have young children, or if you are of more mature years looking for a day of romance with your new OH then this is the place to go. We went in September once and there was the most amazing maze made from sunflower plants again so much excitement as sunflower are one of my favorite flowers. It is not from another great place called Sissinghurst that's in Kent but near to Groombridge. The gardens there are privately owned and only open on certain days.
I just knew you were going to say East Sussex because the whole county is full of bluebell woods. Many you have to pay to see but most are free and wonderful to walk around.

We knew that this is one of the things that we would miss about the UK so OH bought me a beautiful print of bluebell woods.

Rosemary
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 6:32 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bigbhudda69
Hmmm...sam parky...soup not arrived yet ehh..bet you can almost taste it can't you...eh..eh.. I will be taking a case full to Malaga on Tuesday..so close but so far eh..
Next Sunday,hubby lands at 7pm I will be eating Mulligatawny soup by 8.30pm

Getting back to the weather! It has been amazingly gorgeous here today. Hit 28 degrees, my face is beetroot red from being sat outside eating and drinking at a nice little Portuguese restaurant.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 6:44 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bigbhudda69
Nice..do you prune Olives..??...
Only the trees, lol
Ask one of the neighbours to do it for you when he does his, he won`t charge much.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

[JDR, the flowers are beautiful, I wish this dial up was faster then I could show you my melons that I grew last year, I was so proud of the, thought I will give them another go this year.]

Crispygirl, I know you're a sweet and innocent young thing , but did you realise the possible double meaning you posted here!!??

Or maybe it's only me that thinks that way??

It's just that today my Spanish friends (ranging in age from 14 to 70) were asking me how many "rude" words I knew in Spanish.......................and "melones" was one that was mentioned!!
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 8:05 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by brisca
[JDR, the flowers are beautiful, I wish this dial up was faster then I could show you my melons that I grew last year, I was so proud of the, thought I will give them another go this year.]

Crispygirl, I know you're a sweet and innocent young thing , but did you realise the possible double meaning you posted here!!??

Or maybe it's only me that thinks that way??

It's just that today my Spanish friends (ranging in age from 14 to 70) were asking me how many "rude" words I knew in Spanish.......................and "melones" was one that was mentioned!!

Hi This is my last post for this evening, and hand on heart when I say it was meant in all innocents. I was so excited last year when I grew melons for the first time I even sent pictures back to the UK to my work friends and family.
I am not a good gardener and since living here I have grown Tom, melons and onions and hardly any of my plants die so I do tend to get carried away when things stay alive.

It was only after when I read JDR's reply to Lionda that I realised what I had said then I worried for a couple of hours that I had upset JDR with the reply.
Then later I thought blow it what's said is said.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Well people,
I got up at 6am today, left home at 7am and arrived at today's walking destination at 9.30!

I was wearing a sleeveless T shirt from the outset, and it wasn't long before I stripped off the detachable legs on my trousers! (Very fetching with great big walking boots )

47 of us walked 15km in beautiful green countryside and through woods full of chestnut trees. Several streams were running through the land, bringing water down from the sierra.
The birds were singing, a cuckoo serenaded us for ages, we saw orchids and there were loads of buttercups and bluebells throughout the woods (although not in the league of "blankets" of bluebells)
There were several storks and birds of prey in the gloriously blue skies, and the air was pure and clean.

The initial 7km was all uphill (!) and we were all pretty hot by the time we stopped for lunch by one of the beautifully cool streams, and ate our tortillas.
The descent was a bit more shaded, which was a very good thing as my arms are rather red, despite having applied suncream all day!
However, I was sporting my new (very naff!) hat, so at least my nose and neck won't be peeling this week!

And do you know what?..................I flipping well forgot to take the camera today, as I was in such a rush to let the dog out before I left at that ridiculously early hour!!

Anyway, just to let you know, it was 26 degrees when we got back to the coach

Haven't been in all that long, and I really need a shower now!!
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 8:13 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crispygirl
Hi This is my last post for this evening, and hand on heart when I say it was meant in all innocents. I was so excited last year when I grew melons for the first time I even sent pictures back to the UK to my work friends and family.
I am not a good gardener and since living here I have grown Tom, melons and onions and hardly any of my plants die so I do tend to get carried away when things stay alive.

It was only after when I read JDR's reply to Lionda that I realised what I had said then I worried for a couple of hours that I had upset JDR with the reply.
Then later I thought blow it what's said is said.
Lol, no melons would upset me. ;-)
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Crispygirl,

I know you won't see this until the morning, and I hope you and O/H had a nice evening snuggled up in front of the TV together

I'm terrible with plants and flowers, and I can't keep anything alive

Once we've got our house built (!) I'm planning to grow tomatoes and a few other things - so I'll probably be asking you for tips

It's great that you're enjoying this gardening success..........and you have mentioned once or twice that your melons are of the larger variety

Take care,
love Sam x
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 9:50 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
I just knew you were going to say East Sussex because the whole county is full of bluebell woods. Many you have to pay to see but most are free and wonderful to walk around.

We knew that this is one of the things that we would miss about the UK so OH bought me a beautiful print of bluebell woods.

Rosemary

My front garden is full of bluebells - got some white ones too (yes, white bluebells ) Wonder if I could take some to Spain with me
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 9:52 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brisca
Well people,
I got up at 6am today, left home at 7am and arrived at today's walking destination at 9.30!

I was wearing a sleeveless T shirt from the outset, and it wasn't long before I stripped off the detachable legs on my trousers! (Very fetching with great big walking boots )

47 of us walked 15km in beautiful green countryside and through woods full of chestnut trees. Several streams were running through the land, bringing water down from the sierra.
The birds were singing, a cuckoo serenaded us for ages, we saw orchids and there were loads of buttercups and bluebells throughout the woods (although not in the league of "blankets" of bluebells)
There were several storks and birds of prey in the gloriously blue skies, and the air was pure and clean.

The initial 7km was all uphill (!) and we were all pretty hot by the time we stopped for lunch by one of the beautifully cool streams, and ate our tortillas.
The descent was a bit more shaded, which was a very good thing as my arms are rather red, despite having applied suncream all day!
However, I was sporting my new (very naff!) hat, so at least my nose and neck won't be peeling this week!

And do you know what?..................I flipping well forgot to take the camera today, as I was in such a rush to let the dog out before I left at that ridiculously early hour!!

Anyway, just to let you know, it was 26 degrees when we got back to the coach

Haven't been in all that long, and I really need a shower now!!
No wonder you look so slim in your picture! All that walking, you don't have time to put any weight on
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 1:15 am
Forum Regular

Big_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really nice

SUN SUN SUN in Galicia
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 9:00 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
My front garden is full of bluebells - got some white ones too (yes, white bluebells ) Wonder if I could take some to Spain with me
The white ones are usually derived from the ..... wait for it..........
SPANISH BLUEBELL Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.. actually considered a thug in many UK gardens, but do look very nice as they are larger and do grow faster etc. They do cross with the Native ones, and the Spanish ones have the other colours, so any non blue ones are derived from them.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 9:04 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Big_john
SUN SUN SUN in Galicia
SUN SUN SUN her too. Its turning out to be another scorcher!
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 9:07 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sam parky
SUN SUN SUN her too. Its turning out to be another scorcher!
Sunny here today, and was sunny and warm after the rain yesterday morning. Quando caliente el sol.....
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

I say....what are those grey objects in the sky....could it be...it's....it's.....it's raining on one in the home counties....Gollygosh..better decamp to jolly old Espana on the morrow eh..eh.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.