Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

What has happened to the weather??

What has happened to the weather??

Old Apr 21st 2007, 12:27 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: What has happened to the weather??

Originally Posted by sam parky
Its cloudy here today but the sun keeps trying to get through Not long to go before we are wallowing in the high temperatures.
Tell me again the name of the HOT country you are off to then.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 12:29 pm

Stopping for lunch, OH has just brought me a big bowl of hot leek and tatty soup with crunchy bread and loads of butter.........
Old Apr 21st 2007, 12:29 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by crispygirl
Tell me again the name of the HOT country you are off to then.
Lol, I am hoping here at home in not so sunny Spain!

Saying that I am going to the Uk in 2 weeks to see my Grandma and I believe they are having great weather
Old Apr 21st 2007, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to tell you it's lovely and suuny here in Extremadura!

I don't know what the actual temperature is, but I'm wearing summer trousers and a T shirt indoors (where it's always colder!) and I've got nothing on my feet.

Just off for a nice walk with the dog now.

It's forecast to be mainly sunny with a bit of cloud tomorrow, and about 23 degrees
Am going walking all day tomorrow, so have invested in a ridiculous looking hat so my nose and neck don't get sunburnt, like they did last week!
The last bit of skin is just flaking off my poor old nose today!

Hope things start looking up for those of you who are still in the clouds.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 12:51 pm

I am wearing socks, slippers (I hate wearing anything on my feet but needs must) thick tracksuit bottom that I thought would never see the light of day again and a long sleeved jumper. The heating has been on for a while now but it still seems cold to me may have to get the hot water bottle out if all else fails. Even Benny my cat is curled up asleep in the corner of the sofa amongst the cushions......on second thoughts that's where he always is.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 12:55 pm

I am wearing socks, slippers (I hate wearing anything on my feet but needs must) thick tracksuit bottom that I thought would never see the light of day again and a long sleeved jumper. The heating has been on for a while now but it still seems cold to me may have to get the hot water bottle out if all else fails. Even Benny my cat is curled up asleep in the corner of the sofa amongst the cushions......on second thoughts that's where he always is.
I am also wearing socks and slippers, I have got a t.shirt on but got a thick cardy on top

Hey my hubbys name is Benny lol (but not from topcat lol)
Old Apr 21st 2007, 1:04 pm

I am also wearing socks and slippers, I have got a t.shirt on but got a thick cardy on top

Hey my hubbys name is Benny lol (but not from topcat lol)

His full name is Benny and the Jets, named after a song that I really liked by Elton John, I named him when he was 3 weeks old and still with his mum, brother and sisters at a friends house. I also had his brother and I could not think of a name for him until a friend of mine said, well his thin with very long legs why don't you call him Officer Dibble which I did. Dibblie Bib as he was known remained thin with long legs and Benny who was the youngest of the litter and a bit slow soon turned into the image of Benny from Top Cat.

So the moral of this story is, be very careful what you name your cat because a neighbour named her cat Nelson and later in life he lost an eye I can tell you we all waited with bated breath in case he came home minus a front leg.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

Big_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really nice

And here in Galicia it's SUN SUN SUN, A MI MI GUSTA
Old Apr 21st 2007, 5:14 pm

The suns come through for us now
Old Apr 21st 2007, 5:17 pm

The suns come through for us now
No, still rainy here, but now I have stripped off a few layers as it is so hot in the house and I think I may be having a flush nearest icon to a flush..
Old Apr 21st 2007, 5:18 pm

No, still rainy here, but now I have stripped off a few layers as it is so hot in the house and I think I may be having a flush nearest icon to a flush..
Crispy, turn the heating down lol.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 5:22 pm

Crispy, turn the heating down lol.
Can you do that, I thought once it was on it had to stay on until bed time No wonder the leccy bill is so high
Old Apr 21st 2007, 5:24 pm

Can you do that, I thought once it was on it had to stay on until bed time No wonder the leccy bill is so high
Dont mention leccy bills, mine was horrendously high. Mind you I have the heating (aircon) on constantly in winter. I hate to be cold, its sunny now and I still have my socks and cardy on.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 5:33 pm

Dont mention leccy bills, mine was horrendously high. Mind you I have the heating (aircon) on constantly in winter. I hate to be cold, its sunny now and I still have my socks and cardy on.
I'm being serious now, I think the one think that shocked me about living here in Spain was the price of the leccy, last winter I tumbled nearly everything and the bills were like well over 100 euros a month some getting on for 130, this year I have been a good girl and hung the washing on the line, I don't remember to bring it in and when I do remember usually at 11 at night OH has already brought it in. There has been a massive improvement in the bills, down to ablut 75 now. Also we had a 2nd wood burner installed and that has helped (not used everyday only when really cold it is in our enclosed porched) we only have aircon (heating) on for a few hours in the evening to help dry the bedrooms out as you know Spanish houses can be damp with out proper heating. There serious moment over.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 5:37 pm

I'm being serious now, I think the one think that shocked me about living here in Spain was the price of the leccy, last winter I tumbled nearly everything and the bills were like well over 100 euros a month some getting on for 130, this year I have been a good girl and hung the washing on the line, I don't remember to bring it in and when I do remember usually at 11 at night OH has already brought it in. There has been a massive improvement in the bills, down to ablut 75 now. Also we had a 2nd wood burner installed and that has helped (not used everyday only when really cold it is in our enclosed porched) we only have aircon (heating) on for a few hours in the evening to help dry the bedrooms out as you know Spanish houses can be damp with out proper heating. There serious moment over.
We only have aircon for heating and as I work from home quite a lot I have the heating on. Mine worked out at about 90 euros per month! But the good thing is (hopefully) I am not having it on as much now. The next big bill will be in summer for the cool air.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.