Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

WHAT GRUB DO YOU MISS MOST?

WHAT GRUB DO YOU MISS MOST?

Old Jul 20th 2007, 5:23 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WHAT GRUB DO YOU MISS MOST?

[QUOTE=rugbymatt;5083728]
Originally Posted by The Oddities

I promise you don't get a thing, I have had no rise in junk mail since I signed up.
Happy now!!!!!

Rosemary and Graham
Old Jul 20th 2007, 7:16 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Happy now!!!!!

Rosemary and Graham
I am simply trying to help people understand where everyone is.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 7:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Up in the mountains outside Cocentaina..and loving it!
Cornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I am simply trying to help people understand where everyone is.
...and what a good boy you are too!
Old Jul 20th 2007, 7:24 am
The Best Fed Scot

Lochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=The Oddities;5083637]
Originally Posted by Cornish maid

The English supermarket in Javea sells bottled Devon Clotted Cream.

Rosemary
English butchers!? English supermarkets!!?? Of all the things you surely don't need in spain surely these are it!! WHat next, and English tapas bar?
Old Jul 20th 2007, 7:26 am
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Lochy;5084219]
English butchers!? English supermarkets!!?? Of all the things you surely don't need in spain surely these are it!! WHat next, and English tapas bar?
he is right ..
Old Jul 20th 2007, 7:29 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Crispy, stop cutting the tags off the quotes, you`re making them go all do lally. ;-((
Old Jul 20th 2007, 8:13 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Lochy;5084219]
Totally agree with you as it happens we have visited Javea twice and been in there for a nosey and to see if they have anything that 'we simply must have'. Came away with the bottles of cream and a couple of other items that would make a change but nothing that was necessary and needed.

We have a brilliant butcher just around the corner and he supplies us with whatever we ask for. As we live in a totally Spanish place we definitely do not want anything English infiltrating and that includes people.

Rosemary
Old Jul 20th 2007, 8:30 am
The Best Fed Scot

Lochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=The Oddities;5084370]
Originally Posted by Lochy

Totally agree with you as it happens we have visited Javea twice and been in there for a nosey and to see if they have anything that 'we simply must have'. Came away with the bottles of cream and a couple of other items that would make a change but nothing that was necessary and needed.

We have a brilliant butcher just around the corner and he supplies us with whatever we ask for. As we live in a totally Spanish place we definitely do not want anything English infiltrating and that includes people.

Rosemary
I'm intrigued though, what justifies an English supermarket? Because a supermarket suggests a lot of things - it's not an english counter or stall or delicatessen after all. What does it stock that you couldn't get an equivalent of or better in Spain?
Old Jul 20th 2007, 10:04 am
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold

last time i put a similar thread on the general consensus was Bisto gravy granules were most missed, which is how i got to meat my friend Llynnxa(oops no pun intendedl olol)
Old Jul 20th 2007, 6:05 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by silverchick
last time i put a similar thread on the general consensus was Bisto gravy granules were most missed, which is how i got to meat my friend Llynnxa(oops no pun intendedl olol)

hurrah for bisto!!
Old Jul 20th 2007, 6:17 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Rosemary
I don't use them either, except for the occasional bit of cadbury's wholenut, but I can live without that

however neighbours of mine, a slightly older couple, must spend a fortune in there!! english bread for toast?!
Old Jul 20th 2007, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by lynnxa
I don't use them either, except for the occasional bit of cadbury's wholenut, but I can live without that

however neighbours of mine, a slightly older couple, must spend a fortune in there!! english bread for toast?!
I think it is sad that your neighbours spend their money there because I think that they are very expensive. They must be mad buying English bread for their toast too but some people do find it very difficult to adapt to other countries goods.

Personally I find Spanish bread great. I am thought by my family to be a bit of a fussy eater as there are so many tastes that I really do not like but I eat a very varied diet of food bought in Spanish supermarkets, markets and little shops and am surviving very happily on it thank you very much.

Rosemary
Old Jul 20th 2007, 8:13 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

I think it is sad that your neighbours spend their money there because I think that they are very expensive. They must be mad buying English bread for their toast too but some people do find it very difficult to adapt to other countries goods.

Personally I find Spanish bread great. I am thought by my family to be a bit of a fussy eater as there are so many tastes that I really do not like but I eat a very varied diet of food bought in Spanish supermarkets, markets and little shops and am surviving very happily on it thank you very much.

Rosemary
same here

my neighbours have lived here pretty much forever on & off - lovely couple but you can't tell them anything - they know best They spend more on food in a weekend for the two of them than I do for 4 for a week! - and it's not as if they are loaded

another thing I keep trying to get through to them is that because he has his own business, and pays "NI', they are entitled to free health care - she is over retirement age, so I am pretty sure she would get health care here in any case?

but no, they go to the english doctor at 50 euros a pop I've offered to translate if they need it, although there is always someone at the clinic who speaks english anyway
Old Jul 20th 2007, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by lynnxa
same here

my neighbours have lived here pretty much forever on & off - lovely couple but you can't tell them anything - they know best They spend more on food in a weekend for the two of them than I do for 4 for a week! - and it's not as if they are loaded

another thing I keep trying to get through to them is that because he has his own business, and pays "NI', they are entitled to free health care - she is over retirement age, so I am pretty sure she would get health care here in any case?

but no, they go to the english doctor at 50 euros a pop I've offered to translate if they need it, although there is always someone at the clinic who speaks english anyway
Sounds like they do not fully trust anything Spanish if they eat only English food and visit an English doctor. She can get free health care if she is over retirement age and he can too as her spouse.

Makes you wonder why they bothered to move here if they are not living the life.

Rosemary
Old Jul 20th 2007, 10:40 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Sounds like they do not fully trust anything Spanish if they eat only English food and visit an English doctor. She can get free health care if she is over retirement age and he can too as her spouse.

Makes you wonder why they bothered to move here if they are not living the life.

Rosemary
they do eat spanish food - she even cooks 'spanish' food, and they eat in spanish restaurants quite a bit

I think a lot of it is that they first moved over here a looooong time ago, (they have ping ponged a bit) and don't realise how much things have changed/improved over the years.............and the biggest problem is that because they have been here so long they must know best!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.