Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

What are the good and bad things about living in Gibraltar?

What are the good and bad things about living in Gibraltar?

Old Mar 16th 2016, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

samtheman40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What are the good and bad things about living in Gibraltar?

I am male and 40 and single and and have a very mild learning difficulty. I hate the cold weather in the UK. I have just moved to Cornwall from the South East of the UK . I have moved about a lot over the yeas. I have decided that if it dose not work in Cornwall I would try living abroad. I rent out a flat in the South of England and so have money coming in. I just wonder what are the good and bad things about living in Gibraltar?. Just looking for a laid back pace of life. As I hate living in big cities but hate living in the middle of nowhere.
Old Mar 16th 2016, 2:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are the good and bad things about living in Gibraltar?

Hi Sam

1) Gibraltar is very small and crowded, a concrete jungle.
2) It is very safe
3) Housing is expensive
4) There is plenty of work
5) Unfortunately Spain is next door
6) Plenty of nightlife
7) Very friendly
8) English is the main / official language
9) The pound in your pocket is still a pound.
10) The weather is good not uncomfortably hot.
Old Mar 16th 2016, 2:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by samtheman40
I am male and 40 and single and and have a very mild learning difficulty. I hate the cold weather in the UK. I have just moved to Cornwall from the South East of the UK . I have moved about a lot over the yeas. I have decided that if it dose not work in Cornwall I would try living abroad. I rent out a flat in the South of England and so have money coming in. I just wonder what are the good and bad things about living in Gibraltar?. Just looking for a laid back pace of life. As I hate living in big cities but hate living in the middle of nowhere.

Not in Gibraltar, but most people I know (weren't born there) moved on after a few years. I suppose it's a chance for people to experience a different place in Europe, without the need to learn a foreign language. Most peoples complaints are that housing is expensive and small and not the best of Spanish weather, if that's important for someone. In winter you do get more rain than parts of London, but obviously more sunshine. Laid back depends on your outlook and how you live now.
Old Mar 16th 2016, 4:56 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by samtheman40
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary