Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

What do you wish you had taken with you?

What do you wish you had taken with you?

Old Sep 14th 2008, 9:30 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you wish you had taken with you?

Originally Posted by betris
whats wrong with peeling them with a knife may one ask.
My Mrs has disabilities and you wont catch me slaving at the kitchen sink.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 2:32 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
does it also take the peel off though. Italians are obsessed about peeling apples because of polutants and other such stuff. I'm sure some of them would peel grapes if they could !

That's why Italian men are always fumbling in their trouser pockets.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

SHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by HereKittyKitty
well have a lot of boxes packed already with the usual stuff, but would be interested in others thoughts on what you wish you had taken but didn't? Anything at all (sensible answers only, please)
my granddaughter Gabriella.i miss her like crazy.good news though, shes arriving on sunday
Old Sep 15th 2008, 2:35 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

you could be right....... they certainly have enough excuses for a quick or prolonged fumble and grope.

the men here grab their balls in the same way that we would say "touch wood" and they don't cross themselves wheneveer they see a hearse drive past them - they have a good long grope instead.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 3:13 am
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
My Mrs has disabilities and you wont catch me slaving at the kitchen sink.
problem solved.Frozen chips.A tin of smash.or a 20 year old au pair.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 4:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
I am glad we brought that little device, The boiled egg guillotine where you lay.....ha ha the egg in the cradle and then bring down the top part of several wires which chops the boiled egg into about 10-12 slices. I have found if you go to Mucky Donna to the egg stash and look on the top shelf you will find pre-boiled eggs in their shells,Why smell the house out boiling them. Use straight out of the fridge then use machine above perfect for sandwiches or salads.
I am a bit of a supermarket stalker I'm afraid I love walking around them strange but true. Anyway the old guillotine is only about two quid but you try slicing an egg into 12. And when you get here try the Mucky Donna Boiled Eggs. To go with the eggs same venue, Bread shelf bottom there lies the best wholemeal bread ever we brought the bread maker bla bla but their brown oval sliced is the donkeys. We get our other eggs from a friend who has chickens. Anyway that's enough for now.

http://bestsmileys.com/cooking/2.gif

What is this wholemeal bread that you buy and where from? Hate the normal Spanish wholemeal as it tastes full of sugar.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 4:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Teasmaid and also cake tins. Brand new and gave them away. Now I have a Spanish friend who insists on "coming to tea" and expects cake!
Old Sep 15th 2008, 8:17 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
What is this wholemeal bread that you buy and where from? Hate the normal Spanish wholemeal as it tastes full of sugar.
mercadona supermarket is where he means

my favourite from there is the 5 semillas, either ready sliced or not - delish!
Old Sep 15th 2008, 12:03 pm

Go into mercadona supermarket and you will see the normal fare long, short loaves ,And rolls but on the bottom shelf you will see the round sliced bread, Just returned from the Bread bin ...Nice Ice blue retro job from John lewis...Anyway looking at the label its called Pan Redondo Cortado then in the centre of the label is a big 5 which tells you it has 5 semillas or grains and fibre. I have scanned the packet for you it was a little damp as we took it out of the freezer earlier. Let me know how you like the taste. Fantastic with new laid boiled chuckie eggs. Lynnxa knows you know.

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 29th 2009 at 5:39 pm.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 1:46 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by betris
problem solved.Frozen chips.A tin of smash.or a 20 year old au pair.
Aw hell,now why didnt I think of that before getting hitched?

Might get by with nos.1 and 2,
But I reckon no. 3 would have her indoors reaching for the Moose gun.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 2:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
Go into mercadona supermarket and you will see the normal fare long, short loaves ,And rolls but on the bottom shelf you will see the round sliced bread, Just returned from the Bread bin ...Nice Ice blue retro job from John lewis...Anyway looking at the label its called Pan Redondo Cortado then in the centre of the label is a big 5 which tells you it has 5 semillas or grains and fibre. I have scanned the packet for you it was a little damp as we took it out of the freezer earlier. Let me know how you like the taste. Fantastic with new laid boiled chuckie eggs. Lynnxa knows you know.
Will try next time I am in. Your thumbnail doesn´t look round though!
Old Sep 16th 2008, 4:28 am
Just Joined

crafty little devils is an unknown quantity at this point

Bring over loads of those sticky fly papers.......could'nt find them over here so ordered a load from the UK.
Attached Images  
Old Sep 16th 2008, 5:29 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crafty little devils
Bring over loads of those sticky fly papers.......could'nt find them over here so ordered a load from the UK.
You can get them from almost any Chinese Bazaar - we use them all the time!
Old Sep 16th 2008, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

HereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really nice

have been away for a few days and will have a good read through the replies tomorrow when I am feeling less tired! thank you!
Old Sep 16th 2008, 7:50 am

Will try next time I am in. Your thumbnail doesn´t look round though!

Silly me I should have left the bread in the packet and then get Piers the local donkey to put his full weight on my scanner in order I can produce the said ROUND scan you desire...........The pic below is Dennis the Mucky Donna baker they use his mouth as a mould for the said loaves so if you take the information from my scan and marry that to the shape of the Dennis the bakers mouth........................Bingo you have found heaven in a plastic bag.

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 29th 2009 at 5:39 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.