Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

What do you wish you had taken with you?

What do you wish you had taken with you?

Old Sep 13th 2008, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

HereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really nice
Default What do you wish you had taken with you?

well have a lot of boxes packed already with the usual stuff, but would be interested in others thoughts on what you wish you had taken but didn't? Anything at all (sensible answers only, please)
Old Sep 13th 2008, 8:48 am
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you wish you had taken with you?

Originally Posted by HereKittyKitty
well have a lot of boxes packed already with the usual stuff, but would be interested in others thoughts on what you wish you had taken but didn't? Anything at all (sensible answers only, please)
the thing you wish you had taken is usualy the thing you left behind and thought you would never have a use for.until the day comes when you need it and you could kick your self for not bringing it.most of us have done it.and its usualy some thing stupid and you cant get it in spain
Old Sep 13th 2008, 8:55 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: What do you wish you had taken with you?

Originally Posted by HereKittyKitty
Would a Swedish Dolly Bird qualify as sensible.......
or do I just qualify for a good smack?
Old Sep 13th 2008, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

linda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud of

my belongings gone - wished I had sent a bbq - heard cheaper in UK
Old Sep 13th 2008, 11:18 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

We brought the miele washing machine but left the dryer we should have brought it. Winter here in Catalonia does require a dryer. If you do make the mistake of bringing your UK car with you bring a workshop manual.A jam making kettle and funnel.Jigsaws for those Summer/Winters evenings.A nice large good quality coffee table. Fitted sheets for your various beds. Good quality Egyptian cotton bathsheets . Pool and beach towels are cheap here.Bayonet long life bulbs if you are bringing lamps Spains are all on the whole screw type.Your English version of windows vista or XP and if you require an English computer keyboard. Good quality range kettle non electric if not in an Urb. Also Teapots are not available where I live we had quiet a few so glad we brought them. Cath Kidson Mugs I think that was it most other things are here, I know down the Southern end of Spain they cater more for the brits but if I need say green gas for my Dupont or something not here I use e-bay or my fav bath gel or toothpaste I shop here they deliver to Spain and charge 7.45 no matter how much you order.

http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/

Good Night all ................

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 29th 2009 at 5:39 pm.
Old Sep 13th 2008, 5:54 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Plenty of t bags, they are here, but unless you go to an Iceland, they are quite expensive. As has been said.. t pots, ones here are not very good.
Old Sep 13th 2008, 6:18 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

the tumble drier
Old Sep 13th 2008, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Warmer clothes. I didn't think I'd need them.
Old Sep 13th 2008, 9:00 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
the tumble drier
Me too. I ended up buying one the second winter we were here and it's not as good as the one I had in the UK.
Old Sep 13th 2008, 11:22 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jjh
Me too. I ended up buying one the second winter we were here and it's not as good as the one I had in the UK.
it was a wet november when we arrived - I lasted about a week!
Old Sep 13th 2008, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

Splatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud of

ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING! Bring as much as you can, I rue the day I was clearing out the house and generously giving away tools, salt and pepper mills, bikes, clothes, kitchen equipment and the stuff 'we'll never need in Spain'.
I remember saying 'doesn't matter they'll sell them in Spain'. Yes, of course they do, but they'll be bloody expensive and some shopkeepers are harder than trees to haggle with.

You can't seem to get 'mint source' shower gel here. It's the only thing I miss really.

My only regret is not moving here sooner.

Ste.
Old Sep 13th 2008, 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by Splatt
ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING! Bring as much as you can, I rue the day I was clearing out the house and generously giving away tools, salt and pepper mills, bikes, clothes, kitchen equipment and the stuff 'we'll never need in Spain'.
I remember saying 'doesn't matter they'll sell them in Spain'. Yes, of course they do, but they'll be bloody expensive and some shopkeepers are harder than trees to haggle with.

You can't seem to get 'mint source' shower gel here. It's the only thing I miss really.

My only regret is not moving here sooner.

Ste.

Go to my chemist link above they sell it there it was on offer because I got two 12 packs of the Mint, Lavender,and lemon all with tree oil and has real lemons mint etc in it.They were on offer at 14 pounds for 12 which is cheap. They deliver here in Catalonia.

Last edited by poshnbucks; Sep 13th 2008 at 11:53 pm.
Old Sep 13th 2008, 11:52 pm

Found the source shower gel link they are still under offer see here....

http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/searc...s.php?q=source
Old Sep 14th 2008, 1:35 am
Drunken Monkey

Fuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond repute

Hair clippers(hard to find) and some personal things that i threw away when i came here. You'll definitly want a tumble dryer for winter, leaving your clothes outside in winter is bad. You'll be out its sunny then you'll get sandy rain and your clothes need washing again.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 2:28 am
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of

Fuzzlepop... your avatar/ icon is scarey but I've never be fond of makeup on men, especially clowns (although I did like Slade in the Glam Rock 70's)

... wish I'd brought me B&D WorkMate, my upright piano and a decent electric kettle (burnt out loads here).

and more money !!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.