Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

What do You think?

What do You think?

Old Dec 27th 2010, 9:36 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do You think?

Originally Posted by bil

Imagine how you would feel about a group of immigrants who came to live in the uk and spent all their time complaining.
Seems to me that they do
Old Dec 27th 2010, 9:51 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Seems to me that they do
Any proof at all? Links to any news sites or message boards welcome? As you know, unlike yourself, I currently live in the uk, and the immigrants I come across are hard working eg in the nhs or in shops or in the building game. Now I actually feel too many have been encouraged to live here, but I've never met these moaners you refer to. Can you provide any proof?
Old Dec 27th 2010, 9:59 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

The Muslims for a start...eg. the ones who want sharia law etc. The ones who constantly complain to the EOC. Lots of things I have read online but I am not a googler.
Old Dec 27th 2010, 10:10 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Not saying the aussies are right, just that if you move to another country, don't whinge. it's bad manners, and stupid. You should shut the **** up or go home.

Imagine how you would feel about a group of immigrants who came to live in the uk and spent all their time complaining.
Many of them do actually, and quite a few have no intention of working and prefer to live off the state.
No, it is not always the case and many more of them do find work and make a useful contribution to the economy.

As I said many of those who went to OZ after the war had good reason to complain, and that is when the reputation was somewhat unfairly earned.
To put it briefly they were virtually promised the earth by the Aussies to go there after the war, incl excellent accomodation and lots of job opportunities.
For some of them that did prove to be the case, but many thousands more were in for a very unpleasant shock, finding themselves shunted away into something akin to wartime p.o.w. prison camp accomodation, with no immediate job prospects for quite a long time.
Naturally going to something even worse than they had endured during WW2 was not what they expected or had been promised, so many of the complaints which earned the whinge reputation were actually fully justified.
Old Dec 27th 2010, 11:02 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

The Muslims for a start...eg. the ones who want sharia law etc. The ones who constantly complain to the EOC. Lots of things I have read online but I am not a googler.
There are many immigrants who do complain about the decadence of western culture, which does make you wonder why the **** they ever came here if they hate it so much.

As for the rough treatment suffered by the immigrants in Aus, well, I wasn't looking that far back, but even so, better to get off your arse and do something than just whine about how roughly you have been treated. Sucking it up and going out and doing something earns you respect.
Old Dec 28th 2010, 10:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
Any proof at all? Links to any news sites or message boards welcome? As you know, unlike yourself, I currently live in the uk,
Any proof at all of that? You have no idea where the person concerned lives, I do, and you might be surprised. But carry on, don't let it spoil you little rant.
Old Dec 28th 2010, 10:31 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
Any proof at all of that? You have no idea where the person concerned lives, I do, and you might be surprised. But carry on, don't let it spoil you little rant.
If she doesn't live in Marbella (as she's consistently claimed) then she's misled people here for several years. She may well have a good reason to do that (maybe she has a stalker) but it means her pronouncements have to be taken with a huge pinch of salt. Unless you know different.... I'm afraid that if you can't provide any proof for wild accusations, then it's you in reality who's ranting

The Muslims for a start...
I know quite a few Muslims (I live quite close to the Edgware Road in London) and the ones I know seem very hospitable and hard-working. Which is not to say there aren't the bad apples who get involved in bad activities. Same as with the Irish in years gone by - most were hard-working and had nothing to do with terrorist activities whatsoever. But I'm struggling to think of a current message board where you hear a group of Muslim immigrants moaning about their adopted country. Of course it may be the case that those who aren't happy with their lot, don't express their feelings on message boards because they know the intelligence services may be monitoring them.
As for the hard core (that bloke with the hook, the ones who catcall returning soldiers) I think most of us would be happy to see them given a free ticket to the extremist Muslim state of their choice.
Old Dec 28th 2010, 10:49 am
Banned

I don't recall ever having said I live in Marbella
Old Dec 28th 2010, 11:18 am
Not Banned (yet)

I'm fairly sure you had it on your location sig for some time - I was a little surprised to see it's been taken off. But if another Spanish-based poster on the board eg JDR or Cricketman says they never saw it I'll take that back (not that it's in any way shameful to live in Marbella!). Plus you've posted umpteen times about Marbella, and mentioned your family property in a place (I think) called Las Chapas.
Strange isn't it though - all the detailed questions you always asked me "how long were you in Madrid?" "what exactly is the nature of your partners' illness" etc etc and yet you keep your own circumstances extremely secretive. As I mentioned above, we can all accept you may have a good reason for this (stalker? spam mail?) but I'm always amused by your need to know a lot of things about me before you'll accept that I've been honest about my own experiences, and I suspect you still don't believe a word I say !! . But hey, people project their own characteristics onto others, and I'm sure I'm as guilty in my own way of this. "Cada Ladron juezga por su propio condicion..."
Old Dec 28th 2010, 1:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

You know that, and I know that, it's the other man that seems confused. Bit shaky like his Spanish.
"Cada Ladron juezga por su propio condicion..."
Cada ladrón juzga por su propia condición
Old Dec 28th 2010, 1:59 pm
Not Banned (yet)

Originally Posted by agoreira
You know that, and I know that, it's the other man that seems confused. Bit shaky like his Spanish.
"Cada Ladron juezga por su propio condicion..."
Cada ladrón juzga por su propia condición
well done. You've picked up the spelling mistakes. Wasn't aware this was a test?
Let's face it, after claiming that it wasn't "scarf and gloves weather" in perhaps the coldest UK december in half a century, your credibility does need a little restoration.
Old Dec 28th 2010, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

No I do not recall that either.

With the majority of posters here not living in Spain either I dont see why the person from la la land is making a big thing about it because according to him he lives in the UK!
Old Dec 28th 2010, 2:35 pm
Not Banned (yet)

Originally Posted by whitelinen
No I do not recall that either.

With the majority of posters here not living in Spain either I dont see why the person from la la land is making a big thing about it because according to him he lives in the UK!
I'm certainly not sure about your identity after your exchange with Anonimouse and the new poster "Gypsy" the other day!

Anyway, Agoreira says he's the one who really knows where Jackytoo lives. I'm quite willing to believe whatever he says!
Old Dec 28th 2010, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
I'm certainly not sure about your identity after your exchange with Anonimouse and the new poster "Gypsy" the other day!

Anyway, Agoreira says he's the one who really knows where Jackytoo lives. I'm quite willing to believe whatever he says!

Therefore you owe Jackytoo an apology.

Accusing people of having multiple ID´s is the last resort of an idiot. I am sure I am not the only one here to recognise this stupid behaviour and I have seen it on another forum levelled against someone else who quite clearly was genuine.

Genuine as in never posting articles from newspapers and then asking what do you think? plus forever pasting stuff from Wiki or Google as an answer.

Last edited by whitelinen; Dec 28th 2010 at 2:48 pm.
Old Dec 28th 2010, 2:46 pm
Not Banned (yet)

Originally Posted by whitelinen
Therefore you owe Jackytoo an apology.
What for? Saying I thought she lived in Marbella? Is that an insult in your world?

Besides which if you search on Jackytoo and Marbella there are literally scores of entries. There are entries referring to family accommodation Las Chapas too. Plus various complaints about the cost of living in Spain and her high cost of council tax there:

Spain isn't cheap anymore not if you get your income from the UK as there has been at least a 17% drop in spending power. Some may pay less council tax here but ours is over 800 euros including rubbish, then we have community fees.

Furniture is cheaper in the UK with more choice and better quality. Supermarkets here I don't find very tempting, give me a waitrose or Tesco any day. Lidl is the pits, do go there sometimes though The price of BBQ fuel quoted at 2.29 in the UK was 2.29 here but has been reduced to 1.99.

When friends and family come out they have now noticed and commented on the prices hike. Someone said last week that melon and other fruit and veg were cheaper in the UK.
If in fact she doesn't live in the south of Spain and really is in the UK, she's given a very convincing impression of doing so.
As I've said twice already now, I don't blame her for keeping her actual location secret, as you hear of strange stories nowadays. I'm just hoping the mafia don't find out I live in Marylebone!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.