Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

What do you expect from an Inmobiliaria? (Estate Agents in Spain)

What do you expect from an Inmobiliaria? (Estate Agents in Spain)

Old Nov 26th 2007, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

Karmen has a brilliant futureKarmen has a brilliant futureKarmen has a brilliant futureKarmen has a brilliant futureKarmen has a brilliant futureKarmen has a brilliant future
Default What do you expect from an Inmobiliaria? (Estate Agents in Spain)

Hi All

I know I am probably opening up a can of worms here; I don't want this to lead into a slanging match of who's who in Spain, but to answer my own question of 'am i asking too much of my inmobiliaria?'

Starting from the basic's of the website, i want easy access to all the information, simple A,B,C steps through the site, not a convoluted warren of useless info filling my head and blocking my pages.

I want to see the area i am looking at not beaches from 3 hours away, giving the feeling of "bullseye" days gone by 'this is what you could 'av got', false promises and such.

I want the inmobiliaria to be straight, forthcoming with information not having to go through the process of pulling teeth to find out the most simplest of information. I want the to tell me about the basics without making me feel like an imbecile and explain the more complicated stuff in plain English. Its hard enough understanding when you dont speak nor understand a lot of Spanish language or understand their ways of business, but when they use what seems like barrister lingo and expect you to know what they are talking about or explain in solicitor mode in a very condescending way that it puts you off asking for a third explanation!

OK I know we should do our homework before we set off, but sometimes you have a concept an idea and then find yourself snowballed into living here. Basically you run before you can walk, we have all done it at some point in our lives. But being nieve or green shouldn't cost you dearly, mentally or financially.

So am i on my own here with these thoughts, what do you expect from an inmobiliaria?
Old Nov 26th 2007, 12:22 pm
Still young member

Rixxy will become famous soon enoughRixxy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: What do you expect from an Inmobiliaria? (Estate Agents in Spain)

Im a bit confused about your post as the website at the base of your posting indicates you are an agent - so is this self promoting or are you unsure of what you do?

I am in the business myself, I have been for 23+ years and in Spain for nearly 13. I conduct my profession in the manner I started in the UK all those years ago with the basic principle of listening to the customer, matching product to client and answering all queries honestly, even if this means finding out myself the answer from a lawyer. We ensure all properties are legal etc but Im not going any more into that as it sounds like a self promoting advert - and I come on here to escape a lot of that and to spread my experiences to hopefully help others out here!
Old Nov 26th 2007, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

Karmen has a brilliant futureKarmen has a brilliant futureKarmen has a brilliant futureKarmen has a brilliant futureKarmen has a brilliant futureKarmen has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Rixxy
Im a bit confused about your post as the website at the base of your posting indicates you are an agent - so is this self promoting or are you unsure of what you do?

I am in the business myself, I have been for 23+ years and in Spain for nearly 13. I conduct my profession in the manner I started in the UK all those years ago with the basic principle of listening to the customer, matching product to client and answering all queries honestly, even if this means finding out myself the answer from a lawyer. We ensure all properties are legal etc but Im not going any more into that as it sounds like a self promoting advert - and I come on here to escape a lot of that and to spread my experiences to hopefully help others out here!
I didnt realise what I had written came across as self promotion, I love the area I am now living in and its the photo's on that particular site I think show it off the best. I like the way it takes you through the seasons too.

I am NOT an Estate agent - your comments are misguided

Now even with the Estate agents in the UK, I didnt feel that we received value for money, I found their website difficult to use - maybe its just me maybe I am a techniphobe? but I dont wish to talk shop with you if you are here to escape, I was just curious as to other peoples experiences, maybe I am just not cut out for this electric chat room stuff - seems like everything I write is misunderstood.

Thanks for your reply anyway Rixxy
Karmen
Old Nov 26th 2007, 8:59 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Karmen
I didnt realise what I had written came across as self promotion, I love the area I am now living in and its the photo's on that particular site I think show it off the best. I like the way it takes you through the seasons too.

I am NOT an Estate agent - your comments are misguided

Now even with the Estate agents in the UK, I didnt feel that we received value for money, I found their website difficult to use - maybe its just me maybe I am a techniphobe? but I dont wish to talk shop with you if you are here to escape, I was just curious as to other peoples experiences, maybe I am just not cut out for this electric chat room stuff - seems like everything I write is misunderstood.

Thanks for your reply anyway Rixxy
Karmen
If that is not your own site then you are breaching rule 18, so can you please remove the link. thanks

Last edited by jdr; Nov 26th 2007 at 9:02 pm.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

shar is an unknown quantity at this point

Not all agents are the same some do offer what you are asking and more

Last edited by shar; Nov 27th 2007 at 9:14 pm. Reason: to add signature
Old Nov 28th 2007, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Econ has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond repute

Hummm.... 95,000 for a cave! or 156,000 for one with a patio! you can actually buy a one bedroom apartment for less than 156,000 in Fuengirola? and I am sure 2 bedroom also if you look. I give up...