What crisis ?

Old Jul 17th 2013, 8:20 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What crisis ?

Originally Posted by agoreira
And if Slimebag & Son were to disappear off the face of the earth, there'd be plenty more ready to fill the gap. Don't like the man either (can't say I've ever wished anyone dead though) and I certain don't have a Sky package, but like it or not, he's giving the people what they want. For many, they'd pay for the Sky package before they thought about putting food on the table for the kids.
That's the truth!
Old Jul 17th 2013, 8:21 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Do you think that the CO , owners and chairmen of similar organisations to Murdochs across the world are any different.
Its a price we sadly have to pay .
Old Jul 17th 2013, 8:22 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
Do you think that the CO , owners and chairmen of similar organisations to Murdochs across the world are any different.
Its a price we sadly have to pay .
Do we? Why? Is Sky TV a human right? Do we need it to live? {ep[;e need to stop being sheeple!
Old Jul 17th 2013, 8:36 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

The Romans gave the masses gladiators , chariot races and feeding christians to the lions. Did the masses complain , no they lapped it up.
As so many who have made a fortune have realsied never over estimate the taste and intelligence of the general public or the steps they will take to satisfy their wants.
Old Jul 17th 2013, 8:53 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
The Romans gave the masses gladiators , chariot races and feeding christians to the lions. Did the masses complain , no they lapped it up.
As so many who have made a fortune have realsied never over estimate the taste and intelligence of the general public or the steps they will take to satisfy their wants.
....or underestimate their stupidity,...or is that the point you are trying to make ?

I don't suppose the masses would be quite so happy if they thought they might be next on the lions menu.

It's noticeable here in Spain that there is a definite trend away from bullfighting with the coming of each new generation, so it's not all bad news.
No doubt some will argue it's still popular in some areas like the S.W. but overall the trend is well down with lots of unused bullrings throughout the country.

I don't see the same happening with the bull running though as long as there are sufficient brainless morons around to keep it going.

Last edited by Dick Dasterdly; Jul 17th 2013 at 9:02 am.
Old Jul 17th 2013, 11:26 am
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
And if Slimebag & Son were to disappear off the face of the earth, there'd be plenty more ready to fill the gap. Don't like the man either (can't say I've ever wished anyone dead though) and I certain don't have a Sky package, but like it or not, he's giving the people what they want. For many, they'd pay for the Sky package before they thought about putting food on the table for the kids.
True, Sky and Stella (Artois, not McCartney) play a big part in the rise of foodbanks in the UK.
Old Jul 17th 2013, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

pete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
It's a funny world. Prior to 2008, Lamont, Lawson and then Brown, our wise chancellors, praised our bankers year after year in their Mansion House speeches. They didn't just praise them, they grovelled before them on their knees and didn't dare regulate them properly in case the City stopped making over 30% of UK PLC's GDP, every year. Our bankers made us rich.
But now Vince Cable wants to hang the bankers from lamp posts to much acclaim from the masses. I might even agree but always worry when I think that you only get a bonus when you make a profit for your employer.
Just goes to show that politicians are a capricious lot, with no principles or long-term (past the next election) thinking. They'll propose whatever policiy they think will get them the biggest "hooray!" from the baying masses. Not a single dam' one of them is worthy of any respect - though you could argue that they are an accurate reflection of the electorate.
Old Jul 17th 2013, 8:12 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pete_l
Just goes to show that politicians are a capricious lot, with no principles or long-term (past the next election) thinking. They'll propose whatever policiy they think will get them the biggest "hooray!" from the baying masses. Not a single dam' one of them is worthy of any respect - though you could argue that they are an accurate reflection of the electorate.
Our politicians are us, they come from within. Like bankers, I don't believe they are born bad, they evolve within a system that has many faults but is still better than most others around the world.

Give ordinary people power and it corrupts - all of them - from Margaret Thatcher to Arthur Scargill, to the bankers who pay themselves obscene bonuses.

Those of us without much power have to restrict ourselves to reading the Guardian and slagging of the 'slimebags' who got more votes than we did.
Old Jul 17th 2013, 10:02 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

very profound - but very true.

how many would remain a paragon of virtue when sailing the sea of corruption. In fact how many have fallen to ruin glittering careers.

New Testament - John 8.7

`
Old Jul 18th 2013, 12:43 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by me me
True, Sky and Stella (Artois, not McCartney) play a big part in the rise of foodbanks in the UK.
Funny you'd mention Stella Artois.

Back in the early 90's, Stella Artois was the cheapest beer you could buy in Belgium. 25c a pint. Just look at 'em today...
Old Jul 18th 2013, 1:08 am
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

It was pretty cheap in the UK in the 1980s too.
Then they moved it "upmarket" and put something in it that made people aggressive.
In london I remember it became known as "Stella I'll twat yer" and in Kent as "the wifebeater"